[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got a new job I'm starting on the 15th. I'm working

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1487664894581.jpg (1009KB, 2738x3947px) Image search: [Google]
1487664894581.jpg
1009KB, 2738x3947px
Got a new job I'm starting on the 15th.

I'm working at a part time game store in the meanwhile. I just accepted my new job offer.

Should I do the honorable thing and give my two weeks and continue working, tell my boss tonight at work that it's my last day? Or just stop showing up and ignore all calls from them?
>>
There is no reason not to give a two week notice. Don't cause drama for the sake of it, never know when you'll need a reference or just a job again.
>>
>>38852723
thats an awkward two weeks if its gonna cause you stress just quit. i told my last boss i had to help my aunt wih her kids cause she was super sick which she wasnt and got paid right after.
>>
>>38852723

Do the right thing and give your two weeks notice. You can even let the manager know that you don't want anymore hours, but will be available to work if they need you to do that you don't leave them short staffed.

Many places want a COMPLETE work history. A gap in employment is bad on a resume. You want to be able to fill.out that you worked from 2016-2017 at GameStop or whatever and your manager was William Dickless or whatever.

Leaving with good grace will let Amy future employers get ahold of the store and they will be able to say you weren't a dumpster fire of an employee.

Don't be an asshole and burn a bridge. Literally just tell the manager that you have a new job, here's my two weeks, please don't schedule me unless you absolutely have to.
>>
>>38852723
Two week notice

If you ever need a reference for a job in the future (even a long time from now) you'd have to explain why you were unprofessional now and ensure that you won't be again
It's no wheres near worth the repercussions
>>
>>38852723
I don't know where your from but isn't the two weeks notice legally binding? It is where I'm from. That means you can't just not show up, they can sue you to hell(and you could do the same if they fired you without two weeks notice)
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.