[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Online relationships. Anyone ever made it work? I know it's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: technology-depression-internet.jpg (22KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
technology-depression-internet.jpg
22KB, 640x320px
Online relationships.

Anyone ever made it work?

I know it's probably only 1% of them that work out.

My experience: After 3 years she just found someone else and abandoned me for him with no warning.

I got my heart broken, felt like an idiot, but the worst part is that I have such a hard time letting go. Months later I'm still feeling completely terrible, like I lost an important part of my life. Because she was my best friend to, the person I'd come home from work and talk to about everything going on in my life.

I told myself never again and now I'm starting to develop feelings for someone else who I talk to online. There's a chance we can meet in the next few months but I'm considering just cutting all contact because I know how it ends.
>>
I met my girl online and we've been living together 2 years now

My opinion is that contrary to popular belief, it CAN work. You just have to keep a couple of things in mind.

>it won't work if she's a shitty person
>you're going to have to put effort into it

But that's like anything
>>
>>38851471
>it won't work if she's a shitty person

What do you mean?
>>
>>38851558
If you want a serious relationship you need to be sure that you're both serious about it.

You need to be sure she's not just leading you on for some sort of validation and will drop you when someone else comes along.

I guess this kind of trust is built slowly over time from getting to know someone really well but even then it can be hard to judge.
>>
>>38851661
Anon, do you have an email or something I need help I think you can help me a lot
>>
>>38851733
What kind of help?

I'm just a guy on the internet.
>>
>>38851343

Met my online girlfriend a couple of months ago after having been with her for a year and a half. Finally lost my virginity at the age of 30.

OP, listen.

This isn't about the internet. This is about who you are, and who they are. You're both human and there isn't any kind of hard and fast rule here.
>>
>>38851343

99% of the time it's a waste of time.
>>
>>38851343
My gf is moving in with me, weve been online dating for like 5 months now, same thing happened to her tho, what happened to you
>>
>>38851766
I need it, Ill explain to you.

[email protected]

Email me
>>
>>38851793
Yeah this is true, hope it works out well for you.
>>
>>38851793
This is true.

>>38851661
And this is true.

The problem with online relationships is a lot of people DON'T make serious plans to meet up. Or, people are too grounded where they are and neither party is willing to move closer. Don't think of online relationships as THE relationship, think of online relationships as stepping stones into real, in person relationships. They fail because of lack of motivation/willingness to relocate.
>>
>>38852145
For me, I think I just fell for the wrong person.

She would tell me she loves me, that I'm the most important person in her life.
But the next day, it was a different story.
I think she was bipolar, which doesn't help. I tried to make it work but it was perhaps a lost cause.

I did try to push meeting up a lot, even though we were not from the same country. I was happy to pay for everything and make it as convenient for her as possible but she would always put it off.

I'm not so annoyed about that, I'm more annoyed about the fact that if she wasn't serious about me, she still was happy to lead me on and give false hope.

But to be completely honest, it was an emotional thing for me. After 1 year I knew deep down that it would end badly, I knew that she wasn't the type of person to settle down and be loyal to someone, based on things she'd told me about her past.

But the logical side of my brain was overpowered by the emotional side because "What if I'm wrong and she could change and this could work"

I just wanted it a little too much and became emotionally invested in somebody I suspected would break my heart. It's a learning exercise if nothing else.

I was actually willing to relocate too because I don't have family or friends, and the only commitment I have is my job but that shouldn't be enough to stop you from starting a new life if it's something you want.
>>
I guess video calling really often is very important, and always being totally honest, always, is the key, as well as giving enough time to each other. Both partners need to be fully prepared to be disappointed when meeting in real life, as well.
I had two online relationship. My first one was really toxic, lasted 3 months, and I was totally obsessed with the other, who ended up using me and who totally stopped answering me some day (turns out they were seeing other people). We can't know for sure who we are dealing with online. The second one was way more peaceful, lasted a bit over one year. At first I thought they were really weird and ugly and couldn't have considered them but they really insisted and were into me, and I ended up getting attached to that presence and to their words and all. But it wasn't serious enough in my head and everytime we tried to make plans it didn't work, and they refused to videocall and rarely voicecalled, and after a while they changed, got new things in their life and radical ideas that I didn't share, I started university and got new horizons, new thoughts and preoccupations and met new people and I fell in love with someone there so I ended the relationship.
>>
its modern age
all women get thousands of messages daily from lots of different men
used to be less than that, thansk modern dating sites and smartphones!!
>>
The same thing can happen irl OP, the lesson here is to not get too invested in any woman because in 2017 there are basically no laws or social customs that stops this behaviour, you gotta adapt to the times.

Ideally you wanna have 3-4 girls who you can meet up with and fuck at any given time, when you have options you become less clingy and your standards improve (you also feel more alpha), there is really no advantage to being exclusive to one woman now unless you're into cuckolding
>>
>>38853376
i hate how modern dating and relationships have become
aint it funny how it happens?
>>
>>38853468
Same. On one hand, I feel like a place like this is my only hope of finding someone I can really mesh with. On the other, it's much much harder to find one because of oversaturation and etc.
>>
>>38853646
you could mesh well with any girl if you put effort into yourself
>>
>>38851343
I fucking hate all of you you fucking disgusting normie pieces of shit kill yourselves now
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.