[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Working as a Dishwasher. >Have only been working as one

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 20

File: 1497654536602.png (233KB, 568x590px) Image search: [Google]
1497654536602.png
233KB, 568x590px
>Working as a Dishwasher.
>Have only been working as one for 3 days.
>Tfw I already want to kill myself.

How the fuck do you guys do it? I'll be going back in a few hours and I'm already contemplating suicide. I've only been there for 3 days and I'm already looking for another job. Also, it ain't like this is my first job. I've worked in factories and shit but Dishwashing is on a whole different level.
>>
File: NEET.jpg (345KB, 599x846px) Image search: [Google]
NEET.jpg
345KB, 599x846px
I don't. Wagecuckery is hell. Just try and get another one that's more bearable.
>>
>>38849612
I was a dishwasher for 3 days and quit..it was an absolutely miserable job and all the waitresses were bitches to me
>>
>>38850257
I quit after a day. Mostly because the chef was a cunt. There's other low end jobs that aren't as miserable. Go do those, OP.
>>
Being a wagecuck sucks
>always overhear girls commenting on my behind my back
>he looks like a psycho
>catch them staring at me
>>
>>38850498
This is why i hate wageslaving so much. Work is shit and generally monotonous, but it's bearable. But having to deal with normies everyday is awful. Especially when they make fun of you, even if it's behind your back.
>>
>>38850529
It's the worst, they don't even try.
>woman speed up to pass me
>slow down as soon as they get a safe distance away
>woman give a quick glance and then back to the ground while walking away in a hurry
>always give me one word responses and act like I'm going to murder them
And people wonder why I don't like people. Everyone does this shit to me and it makes me feel awful.
>>
>everyone at work calls me buddy
What does this mean
>>
>>38850283
I've been looking for other jobs but I don't know if I should stay there until someone else picks me up or if I should just leave and take my chances being broke while looking for another job..
>>
>>38849612
Don't be a babby. I was a KP for years and it's fine.
>get to wear headphones and listen to whatever you want
>barely have to talk to anyone
>become bros with the kitchen staff for free food whenever an order goes wrong
>hit on the qt teenage waitresses
The pay sucks and it's sweaty as fuck but other than that it's the easiest job in the world.
>>
>>38850582
They are clearly being condescending.
>>
File: 1496129234256.png (293KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1496129234256.png
293KB, 633x758px
>>38850846
time to quit
>being born with autism
>>
>>38849612
I did that for half a year, it was horrendous. Never again.

>people that shove everything (napkins etc.) into their glass/mug after they're done so you have to dig it out with your hands

literally stop doing this people, for the love of god
>>
File: 1404245071716.png (78KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
1404245071716.png
78KB, 412x351px
>you boss makes fun of you again but you can't retaliate because your livelihood is on the line
>>
File: IMG_2596.png (458KB, 488x683px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2596.png
458KB, 488x683px
>>38849612
Can't you listen to music and podcasts while working?
>>
If you arent watching anime at least 30% of the time youre back there youre doing it wrong. Being a dishwasher was lowkey not that bad
>>
>>38851245
Yeah, but that doesn't make the pain and misery go away. Plus you have to be fast and I'm just not fast enough.
>>
>>38850567
>woman speed up to pass me
>slow down as soon as they get a safe distance away
But what does that have to do with your job??
Do they know what your job is when they do that???
>>
At least you have a job dude I want one really bad and can't find one.
I'm too afraid to even apply because I'm too self-conscious about how I look and I think they will laugh at me for daring to ask to work there.
>>
>>38850582
either they like you or their making fun of you
>>
>>38851402

You will get faster just think of it as a game to be mastered.

You have to loosen up dude don't stand there stiff as a board. You will feel better if you get into it. This is why you should take pride in what you do even if it's just washing dishes. You will do a better job and you will feel better about what you are doing.
>>
>>38849612
See if it's the kind of kitchen that moves peple around a bit position-wise. See if there's some morning prep or something you can help out with. Kitchen work can be p comfy for robots if your coworkers are chill and it's not too hectic
>>
>>38851402
Listen to audio books then, you can use the time to educate yourself.
>>
>>38851449
It's the woman too
>>
File: 1433731451127.jpg (18KB, 320x286px) Image search: [Google]
1433731451127.jpg
18KB, 320x286px
Yeah, fuck being a dishwasher. I was a Dennys dishwasher for a week and it was miserable. No other job had me as anxious or depressed as that shit. I quit and got myself a cashiering job at walgreens. No ragrats.
>>
>>38849612
I've always thought dishawhing was sort of counter. Of course, the only job I've had was at a call center. Monday to Saturday, full time. Pretty sure that was hell on Earth
>>
File: o-que-sedentarismo1.jpg (683KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
o-que-sedentarismo1.jpg
683KB, 849x565px
>>38849612
Just go hikiko and live off of NEETbux. It'll be slightly more bearable for you.
>>
>>38851673
>sort of counter
sort of comfy*
not even phoneposting what the hell?
>>
>>38851486
M8, all that shit, the optimism I try to keep up, etc, goes away once it's 11 or 12pm and I'm dealing with the sharp pain on the bottom of my feet, can't even crouch without my knees feeling like they're about to explode. I work in a bar and grill in a mall. It gets pretty damn hectic especially in the weekends. They tell me I always get out at 9 or 10 but then it ends up being 12 or 1 and I'm still there. I also gotta deal with classes in the weekdays, Monday through Thursday (am classes too so at around 8 am I have to be there which means I wake up at 7 am). I told the manager about that too before he hired me yet for whatever reason I'm always kept till 11pm or 12am in the weekdays even though I have to go to sleep at 11 so that my academic performance doesn't suffer. I have to go to work rn and I don't know whether to quit now or not.
>>
>>38851706

Well don't quit unless you have another job. If you just leave without having something else lined up then there's a high chance you will get fucked.
>>
>>38851739
Yeah, it's depressing as fuck. I thought Dishwashing was going to be easy since I've worked in factories and warehouses but this shit is on another level. I started looking for jobs last night but with each passing day it becomes more and more difficult to keep that positivity going.
>>
How's the pay as a dishwasher?
>>
>>38849612
been washing dishes for a month so far don't worry man you'll get used to it my advice is to work as efficient as possible make it a game the hardest part is how fucking slow your day passes, the kitchen I swear the god it is like some werid purgatory where time moves half the speed than it normally does.
>>
>>38851440
Why are you scared about applying for low-tier jobs, they will take anyone
>>
Being a cashier is living hell for a robot. Coworkers are nice but customers are a pain in the ass sometimes and I hate humans.
>>
>>38851884
It was originally $9hr. The manager bumped it up to $11hr to give me an "incentive". He probably knew I would leave within 2 days if I was getting paid $9.
>>
File: 1418778302338.jpg (145KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
1418778302338.jpg
145KB, 630x420px
>>38850567

>pass girl in street
>covers side of her face as we pass
>>
>>38851202
I know this feel lad. When I used to work a shitty food job in high school my boss would make gay jokes at me and make fun of me being autistic. On of the tasks I had to do involved cutting vegatables and he would laugh at me for cutting everything perfectly equal. But the customers liked it so fuck him.
>>
ok what do you do if everyone thinks you're a retard at work? i just want to die after realizing all my friendships were fake
>>
Is being born on the spectrum the worst thing that could happen to you? No on understands.
>>
>>38852080
>expecting friendship at work
You've watched too many tv
>>
>>38852112
everyone was so nice to me, but they were really just making fun of me. fuck autism, no one ever steps into my shoes but thinks Im some circus clown
>>
>>38852080
Tell yourself you're not alone. I feel left out everywhere I go. I feel like everyone hates me at work.
>>
>>38852130
It's a little much when everyone is passive aggressive to you and >>38850567 happens constantly. I just can't believe everything was so fucking fake
>>
>>38849612
If you have a car and are ameriburger for fucks sake immediately get a pizza/chinese delivery job, preferably a small local place

work with chill people/small family run bussiness, easiest job in the fucking world, make WAYY over minimum wage after tips
>>
>>38852127
>Im some circus clown
It's easy to slip into that kind of role. I'd recommend switch the job because you're not going to shake this label.
>>
Being a dishwasher was awful but it was much better than working retail for the sole reason of not really having to interact with people outside of the little training session they give you on the first day. I don't think the guy I washed dishes with even spoke enough English to start a conversation with me anyway.
>>
>>38852173
It just hurts so much, it makes me feel like a real retard and just makes me think less of myself. Anywhere I go will be the same story.
>>
>>38849612
Suck it up you bitch I washed dished for a year and still quit like a past
Some dudes do that forever and they are the real heroes
>>
>>38849612
Been there done that for nearly 15 years if people knew what I went through they'd believe I had the patience of a saint

Now I'm fucked in the head I can't stand fucking cooking shows watching those smug cunts pretend to be all that but there not

All there ever going to be is snot nosed over sized child throwing a fit about fuck all.

Thank God I changed careers
>>
>>38852196
>Anywhere I go will be the same story.
No, if you wont go expecting friendship. Just do your job and sometimes give some "watercooler" talk.
>>
File: 1500170473433.jpg (33KB, 629x505px) Image search: [Google]
1500170473433.jpg
33KB, 629x505px
>>38852265
That's what I did where I'm at. I thought people would understand, because I always do the best job out of anyone in the store, but just because I can't socialize and take things literally it means I'm a retard. Nevermind my horrible childhood where my only interaction with another human was via the computer + my undiagnosed autism. I've always felt out of place and now I truly see why, and I don't think I'll ever fit in anywhere. Not even my family accepts me.
>>
>>38852334
I guess you should find a job where interaction doesnt matter as long as you do good job.
>>
i hate red lobster
>>
File: 1488220180146.jpg (85KB, 804x802px) Image search: [Google]
1488220180146.jpg
85KB, 804x802px
>>38852445
I have money saved up for going into computers. My original and only passion.
Life wasn't what it is.
>>
This is OP, I took my chances and quit. Back to looking for a job. For anyone working as a Dishwasher or if you worked as one for years, God bless you. I just couldn't.
>>
>>38852539
So why couldnt you get some place like junior position or data entry? There your autism would be tolerated.
>>
>>38852594
I'm just biding my time until I can enroll into the trade. It's either cybersecurity or IT. Thinking about cybersecurity
>>
File: 1501804802389.jpg (37KB, 438x498px) Image search: [Google]
1501804802389.jpg
37KB, 438x498px
>try to open up to people
>get shut down immediately
>just ignore me or give me one word responses
>they go on all day about their bullshit
>>
>>38852687
>>try to open up to people
>>get shut down immediately
Any situation?
>>
>>38852754
>coworker talking about vidya
>so destiny 2 looks freaking sick
>ask him questions about it and generally be interested in what he has to say
>conversation tapers off well and we have a few good laughs
>try to start up a conversation about a game I like
>cool dude
>walks away
>comes back
>so that new spiderman movie LOOKS FREAKING SICK
>>
>>38852782
>>try to start up a conversation about a game I like
>>cool dude
>>walks away
That's just one coworker. Besides it only confirms that people like to talk only about them.
>>
>>38852166
Hows the insurance
>>
>>38852803
It happens a lot with other ones to
>forget my boxcutter in one of the food coolers
>coworker finds it and laughs
>tells me he forgets his all the time to because he loses the holder it comes with
>has like 10 of them in his car
>mention that i lose mine too because I always end up breaking the holder by accident
>look at him
>looking at something else with an expressionless face and an aura that says "dont care" surrounding him
>my smile and optimism: gone
>>
>>38852782
>>38852835
>this kind of shit happens all the time at work
>those same coworkers who refused to carry their end of the conversation treat their other coworkers with the respect I thought I would get
>realize no one likes me at work
>>
>>38852080
>>38852130
It's like fight club. The fat and loserly can empathize with each other. We have no idea what the other looks like or what he's done or gone through but empathize with his struggle. Wagecucking is soul-crushing but unfortunately we've all been there. Good luck anons
>>
>>38851948
1440$ per month, if you are full time 8h worker
I'd do it, that's a pretty good pay if I can just listen to podcasts and music while my hands are doing their thing automatically like a robot, should I say?
>>
>>38852917
this is how I see it. they can make fun of me all they want, they're still 50 year olds who work at a retail store that open boxes all day.
>>
>>38852945
oh and 1760$/mo with the 11$/h
>>
when will normies finally die out so our aspie brethren can take over?
>>
>>38852945
>>38852975
Doing this as a dishwasher seems ok, because no one else is going to be competing for you hours. Dishwashing sucks though because you have to clean up after other people, and I hate doing that shit desu. I've always believed in cleaning up after yourself
>>
>>38852902
>those same coworkers who refused to carry their end of the conversation treat their other coworkers with the respect I thought I would get
Your coworkers are real dicks.
>>
>>38852945
I couldn't do full-time because of classes and shit.
>>38853074
This too. I was a newby and they were putting me up for closing knowing damn well I had to head back home as quick as possible because I had to go to sleep early. Keeping me there cleaning the whole station, taking out the trash, and throwing water all over the ground just to mop it away. Next thing you know I get out at like 1am instead of 9 or 10pm.
>>
>>38853268
its real jarring to say hi to someone and try to start a conversation, just to have them walk past you, then when someone else says it they start going off about sports, woman, whatever they want.
its been apparent for a while that none of my coworkers care to talk to me, but they take my autism as retardation instead, so they don't even bother trying to hide it
>>
>>38853332
Cleaning the place can be a real bitch. Back when I used to work a dollar store, we would have to mop the entire floor, recover the entire store, count all the tills and the deposit (which was always short so thats another hour trying to make up the difference somehow), all before closing every night. We closed at 9pm, but it would take until 1am to get all that shit done, especially since they would only give me one cashier, with the manager nowhere to be seen.
>>
File: hurrrrrrrrrrrr.jpg (29KB, 470x554px) Image search: [Google]
hurrrrrrrrrrrr.jpg
29KB, 470x554px
Life of a dishwasher:
>prep cooks hate you
>line cooks hate you
>waiters/waitresses hate you
>manager hates you
>only busboys don't hate you and you kind of wish they did
So glad I'm not doing that anymore
>>
File: soldier.jpg (381KB, 746x982px) Image search: [Google]
soldier.jpg
381KB, 746x982px
Man I have been there
Dishwashing has been the worst 8 years of my life
I have worked in a large restaurant this entire time. I am the longest serving member of staff here other than the owner but even the owner does not know my name, and he just calls me 'Soap' because I accidentally told him that was my name 2 years ago when he asked.
I hate it here. All the other staff are very young and chads, and I am a 40 year old obese man. I try to avoid hanging out with them. I am the only dishwasher and work 7 day weeks, so I have the whole dishwashing area to myself. I eat my lunch in my dishwashing area which is covered in soap and often have soap on my hands, so my food tastes like soap. I have tried eating with the waitors and waitresses but they make fun of me. They hate me and think I am a creep and a loser because I have hit on waitresses in the past. For example on one day a customer only ate half of their chocolate cake, so I took the plate with the cake in the exact position it was when the waitress gave it to me, followed the waitress home and left it outside her door with a note saying 'finish our cake babe'. They know it was me, I am not sure how. I have also sexually harassed waitresses in the past by intentionally bringing lipstick to work, drawing kiss marks on the dirty plates then reporting the waitresses for sexually harasing me by kissing plates. Again they all found out and have even tried to beat me up. Luckily I stay in my dishwashing station until 2 hours after everyone else leaves, usually playing Nintendo DS or reading books about chinese history so they get bored and go home. I don't get fired because I am willing to work every day.
>>
File: Speer Seer.jpg (2MB, 4076x1896px) Image search: [Google]
Speer Seer.jpg
2MB, 4076x1896px
>>38852334
Stop trying to fit in and just please yourself, people respect someone that pursues their own interests over others' on a base instinctual level, it's hardwired into us.

Stop trying to please everyone, it reeks of desperation and low social standing.
>>
>>38853521
>For example on one day a customer only ate half of their chocolate cake, so I took the plate with the cake in the exact position it was when the waitress gave it to me, followed the waitress home and left it outside her door with a note saying 'finish our cake babe'

I find it hard to believe that you're a real person. Then again Chris Chan exists, so who knows.
Keep doing you, you're great.
>>
>>38853521
Keep living by your code anon. You're just another human trying to survive, don't let the world drag you down because you were born to feel.
>>
File: Equine Truth.jpg (93KB, 800x743px) Image search: [Google]
Equine Truth.jpg
93KB, 800x743px
>>38853521
If you're real and not just shitposting, you realize how fucked in the head you are, right? You seem to be too self-aware of your autistic creepiness which leads me to believe you're just baiting.
>>
>>38850582
They think youre retarded
>>
>>38853746
eh, I can use this to my advantage desu
>>
>>38849612
>How the fuck do you guys do it?
I'm a party clown, I make children laugh and smile for a living.
Honk honk!
>>
>>38850582
>tfw everyone at work calls you cowboy
>>
>>38852108
Yes.

I would not wish this torture on my worst enemy
>>
>>38850629
you had an easy gig, faggot
>>
File: 1501772244708.jpg (8KB, 202x300px) Image search: [Google]
1501772244708.jpg
8KB, 202x300px
>>38853866
It's always viewing life through a window, and the window has CAUTION: RETARD ON OTHER SIDE scribbled in crayon on the normie side.
Feels bad man.
>>
Dishwashers get no respect for what they do desu
>>
>>38853566
Noooooooooooooooooo not this shit again.When will the normies learn
>>
>>38853959
Nah he's right. I can't make anyone not on the spectrum understand, they are born with natural social skills. They literally can't comprehend what being autistic would be like, and would assume it means you're just dumb. Can't even bring it up for that reason, people will just never know.
>>
fuuuuuck i'm about to get a job as a dishwasher or busboy at the restaurant my brother works at.

i'm 25, just graduated and moderately social. last job i had i got along great with my co-workers, i was the guy that made people laugh doing or saying funny shit. i made the qt girl that worked near us laugh all the time by making random words from letter tabs, like "hitlr youth."

am i going to be ok? this is supposed to be temporary i want to work my way up.
>>
>go to psychiatrist
>pretend you're autistic (you might as well be if you post on /r9k/)
>get autismbux
>?????
>profit

Play the system, don't be a wagecuck.
>>
>was a dishwasher at Applebee's
>linecooks would constantly shit on me
>servers would constantly shit on me
>manager was a huge cunt
>one night get so overloaded with dishes while Chad and Stacy servers being rude to me so I just walk out and quit
>6 months later the Applebee's closes down in my area

Good riddance. I've seen some unbelievable shit from niggers on the cooking line dropping steaks on the floor and placing them back on the plate from a faggot server doing heroin in the bathroom.
>>
>>38854173
Going to do this actually. Fuck this planet, I'm tired of living on the outside. If I'm going to do that, I want society to pay me for all the suffering I've had to put up with doing so.
>>
>get fired from stem apprenticeship
>fucked up because of stress coupled with depression
>neet for 5 months
>get a call saying I can work as a dishwasher at ikea immediate start
>so happy to be starting work after 5 miserable months
>get to first shift almost an hour early I'm so eager
>put in strait away spraying people's dirty dishes with napkins stuffed into half empty cups
>subcontracted so don't even wear same uniform as ikea staff
>11am-3pm Tuesday to Friday 4pm-9pm Saturday
>tedious, hands get red raw, people don't talk to me, never even get to know anyone else's name
>no money or transport so have to cycle the 14 miles for every shift
>put headphones in
>get told off
>agree to cover co workers Sunday shift as he hasn't had a day off in a while even if he's a bit seedy and creepy
>he sees me with headphones in and tells on me even though I'm covering his shift the next day
>fuck this
>tell them I quit
>don't go back in
>help myself to food in staff canteen before I go (ikea staff canteens are goat btw)
>get job at KFC
>still blisteringly awful but better than dishwashing

Just wanted to share my story.

It helped me get some perspective and back on my feet so to speak. If I'd been alowed headphones it would have been OK, the main thing I hated was not getting to know any Co workers and having no comraderi, it was dirt, noisy and lonely, and I realised that I was washing dishes because of my own failings as a person, I could have been working on an engine the size of a house in Australia or China but I cocked up stem and I'm picking some plebs phlegm covered napkin out of a wine glass with my bare hands out of a kitchen of a shop that mainly sells cheapo flat pack pine furniture.
>>
>>38854313
>cycle the 14 miles for every shift
jesus christ
>>
>>38854313
You are one crazy motherfucker, but mad respect to you. Tons more patience than me.
>>
File: 1501708843585.jpg (77KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
1501708843585.jpg
77KB, 600x525px
the next time a coworker disrespects me because my autism, I'm just going to tell it like it is. I'm done.
>>
>>38850582
you're new i assume? they sense your unease and want to make you feel more at home, at least that's the vibe i got when the same thing happened to me once. Have you not introduced yourself to everyone? they may not know your name.
>>
>never worked retail
>always worked construction
>want to work retail to practice human interaction.
>people say retail is awful
>>
>>38854313
>on break
>go gas station across the street to buy a soda
>co-worker comes with and asks if i can spot him on a soda
>Spot him on soda
>we walk out
>black dude standing on corner starts cursing me out and following me
>co worker dips out and im stuck with some black dude following me
>run my ass to closest business which was some Mexican restaurant and tell them to call the police
>police report and everything
>police bring me back to the store im working at
>co-worker just there stocking shelves didnt even fucking call the cops or tell my boss what was going on
>i get written up and suspended
>I just quit and walked out on them

Yeah fuck this shit
>>
>>38854713
no I've been working there for almost 2 years now.
>>
>>38854724
It is. Your coworkers are always talking shit behind your back, you can't trust anyone trying to be friendly to you. At the same time, you can't fly solo either, because that just makes you weird and makes them talk even more shit
>>
>>38851620
It really made you anxious? I believe you but can you explain what made it so bad? I used to apply to positions like that, I thought it'd be good since there would be little customer interaction and wouldn't have imagined it being so horrible. I'm glad I never got it then.
>>
>everyone I meet is constantly making fun of me
>holy shit the boss is whispering behind my back
>people in the streets know I spray water on shit, they know and act accordingly

ever consider that you might have some sort of mental disorder that causes delusions?
>>
>>38854830
sounds like grown up day-care for babies
>>
>work at a dollar store
>the customer restrooms get clogged
>manager puts in orders to have someone come down to fix it
>this goes on for months
>come in one morning and the entire store smells like shit
>raw sewage flowed into the store because of a storm during the night
>sewage waste getting all over the chips and gatorade
>some of it being sucked into the beverage/food coolers
>had to clean all of it up with only a fucking mop
>boss wouldn't let me store use gloves or a mask
>pretty sure i got high off of the months old piss and shit thats fermented in the toliets
>get it all cleaned up after a few hours
>barely any customers because the smell
I was going to sue but the DM or whoever deleted all the orders the manager put into the computer, and the pictures I took got erased... somehow
>>
>>38854935
It's essentially high school, you even have all the cliques, like softlines(clothes), hardlines(grocery, chem, toy, etc)
and they all form their own little groups and talk shit all day about everyone and everything. I stick to myself because I never cared for that shit, even back in high school.
>>
>>38852945
i just started factory work and between the robot hands and podcasts my mind actually shuts the fuck up for once. it's been a pretty chill 3 weeks and I'm sure the novelty will die off but at the moment i'm not complaining. It also helps i'll graduate soon; talking to people who are making a career of sitting at a metal press machine is kinda depressing.
>>
>>38855048
it'll turn to shit eventually, but enjoy it while it lasts. theres always something to complain about, because everything is relative
>>
>>38854750
Fuck your coworker. Glad you made it out okay.
>>
>>38855048
what would you even do in a first world country factory nowadays if you weren't an engineer maintaining or installing the robots on the assembly lines? i can't imagine factory jobs outside of engineers that haven't been automated already. could you explain what the metal press machine people do?
>>
>>38849612
You should suck the manager's dick. All male managers are gay. I'm sure they would love your mouth. Just offer it. If you get to suck cock once a week for easier shift and more money. If not you expose Ur manager for being a straight fag and just say he thought about it. U might lose your job which is good.
>>
File: 1501369832033.png (483KB, 723x634px) Image search: [Google]
1501369832033.png
483KB, 723x634px
>>38849612
l did it for a few years, shit was super comfy desu. they let me put my music on since it was at the back of restaurant, 90% of time no human contact and the kitchen would always give me left over food that didnt sell and it was prep so I had pretty decent dinners every night I worked.
>>
>>38855176
>bragging
stop it
>>
>>38855214
I hardly call a dish washing job bragging desu, more like tolerable.
>>
>worst job you've had
>best job you've had
>>
>>38855132
i'm in australia, and all of the roles I do in this factory will definitely be automated in 10 years, tops. I'd say the only reason they aren't at the moment is that it would just cost a lot of money to retool the factory with automatic stuff; everything in here is ancient.

typical day:
spend a few hours peeling protective plastic/vinyl stickers (the vinyl is on the side the customer will see once it's installed, so it won't scratch during the manufacturing process) off pieces of metal. it is stuck on pretty hard, this is actually the worst bit of the job as i get sore hands.

a laser cutter cuts shapes into a huge sheet of metal, like 250 rectangles. it cuts 99% of the rectangle, the sheet is brought to me and i hammer the pieces out and stack them on a pallet. this could be automated extremely easily.

if there are burrs on some of the pieces i've hammered out i'll polish them off.

i might finish the day at a metal press manually loading in 2 pieces, pressing them once, taking them out and throwing them in a basket. again, incredibly easy to automate.

the interesting thing is that by trying to get efficient in my movements (loading the press with as little effort as possible, hitting the bits of metal a certain way, peeling the sticker not too hard so it comes off in one piece as opposed to tearing it by trying to be quick) I look like some kind of genius because I'm working at least as fast as all the people around me with very little effort.

but yeah, just using it as an opportunity to expand my mind with podcasts and forget about my ex.
>>
>>38849612
I've been a dishwasher for a month. Yea it fucking sucks cuz the morning shift guy always leaves a shitton behind for me to catch up on. But it's all i got right now until i find something else
>>
>>38855132
actually jobs in factories (especially light industry) wont be automated for a long time because human workers are extremely flexible while robots can do only a handful of tasks at most
>>
>>38855214
>people making the best of a crumby situation
>"NO YOU HAVE TO SUFFER!"
>>
>>38855555
nice pents
>>
How does dishwashing work? I mean are you nonstop washing dishes for 8 hours? You wash a plate, there comes another? Repeat for 8 hours?

Genuinely asking I have no idea
>>
>>38855582
its crabs in a basket people are just fucking mental
>>
>>38855775
Well yeah, it's like using a shower head to wash plates.
>>38855797
Just ignore them, they're obviously unhappy with themselves so they attack others
>>
i was a dishwasher for 2 years. i was really fast and efficient and eventually moved up to the cold-line. waitresses are bitches but the ones here let me hug them and they sometimes laugh at the shit i say and they don't mind being really close to me. i still think that they think i'm a faggot though, idk why
>>
>>38855775
Your have a station, so to speak. On your right you have a spot where people throw bus tubs full of dirty dishes, and a little to the left there is a sink. You rinse the shit off the plate, and put them into another tub, this time bottomless so the spray jets can "clean" the dishes. You normally can fit about 15 plates in there, more if your boss is cool and forked over the 15 grand for the deluxe station to make your life easier. One those are out, you just towel dry and put them away.

It's an incredibly easy and repetitive job, but it is great for those that hate social interaction. You're normally all by yourself for 5 hours while you load and dry the dishes.
>>
>>38855828

There gotta be some breaks? You can't seriously stand in place for 8 hours. That fucking kills your back and feet for 11dollars an hour. I have never stood more in place more than 2 hours
>>
>>38849612
Mainly, you just keep going and you don't stop until you leave.
>>
>>38855855
depends on the place, but yes you do need breaks. its required by law, doesnt mean everywhere follows it
>>
>>38855855
You move around to put the dishes and cups into their respective spots, but that is it really. As for back and feet pain, you clearly have some underlying health issues and/or bad foot support if that happens to you. Sitting on your ass for years on end will wreak havoc on your body, anon.
>>
>>38849612
Worked as a dish washer from 16 to 18 and that was alright.
Would have bought some cocaine off them if I was into that.
>>
>>38849612
just get on good terms with the cooks and you'll start to like your job a lot more
>t. line cook
>>
>>38855894

Nah I move around in my job. I could for 30 miles if I wanted to. I walk like 3 miles every day. I can squat 3 plates etc. Humans are not meant to stand in one place. You either move to a location or you rest by sitting.
>>
>>38855934
"being at the bottom is hell"

- "just get on good terms with the top"
>t. top
>>
>>38855855
I stood in place practically the whole shift at my last retail job. You get one 15 minute break if your shift is under 8 hours. If you work 8 hours or more you get 2 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch. But they understaff, so more often than not they'll be much shorter than that.
$7.25/hr
>>
>>38854313
Hit up that CC for a degree or step it up and start fucking cooking.
>>
>>38856091
If you're friendly cooks will give you food, help out and shoot the shit with you.
We see dish guys as the same as us kinda, since we're both back of house staff and get paid pretty much the same.
>>
>>38852831
For my 2002 SUV it's like 100 change, at a Chinese place they pay me under the table, will make $75-100 on a 4 hour shift on a busy weekend

Any of you wagecucks with a car working near minimum wage needs to do this immediately
>>
>>38854989
>>boss wouldn't let me store use gloves or a mask
Shoulda threatened to walk or sue,
>>
>>38849612
Orwell describes that experience he lived (dishwasher (aka plongeur)) in Down and Out in Paris and London, in a grand hotel in Paris.
Horror story. (but after a few days he's proud he survived)
>>
>>38856273
I was a beta fuck then who could never say no. I learned my lesson, working at that store
>>
>the customers write our paychecks
Fuck you I get direct deposit.
>>
>>38856238
Sure, as soon as vehicle maintenance costs aren't a thing.
>>
>>38849612
are there dishwashing jobs where you can just wash a whole bunch at night after closing?

dishwashing can be comfy if there isn't any rush imo
>>
>>38856754
>are there dishwashing jobs where you can just wash a whole bunch at night after closing?
No. It's a health code violation
>>
I would kill to be doing dishes. I'm a sous chef, it's a huge hassle.
>>
>>38849612
>work at library
>sit down a few chairs away from girl for a few seconds
>she looks at me, gets up, and quickly moves
This happens often
I don't smell or anything am I just that disgusting
>>
>>38856905
Fuck off. A sous chef is an actual job. I'd kill to be any sort of chef, but I'm stuck making sandwiches at Wendy's.
>>
>>38849612
Do you have any interest in cooking? If you do, try to view your dishwashing position as a way to get you in the door for a kitchen job, and maybe try working your way up to eventually becoming a line cook or something. It's not for everyone, but if you enjoy cooking then becoming a chef would at least be a hell of a lot better than washing dishes for the rest of your life.
>>
>>38856905
Would you also be willing to kill to get taken off salary and make $9/hr
>>
>>38852166
>tfw I applied to every pizza place in my entire town (5).
>didn't get any calls or anything
>can only guess it's because of a speeding ticket I got 2 years ago for going 14 over.

Fuck you pizza
>>
>>38856932
Twenty tickets on the reel with a billion mods is not worth 45k yearly. Filling in for no-shows, making up for the slack of mouthbreathers and spending 55 hours a week at work and only getting Tuesday off isn't either. Trust me you have it made.
>>
>>38856990
>with a billion mods
How bad is your memory that this is an issue?
Nobody is forcing you to cover shifts, call one of your staff and make them do it.
>>
>>38856550
My car already shit the bed after delivering for over a year, I can easily keep buying 2k cars every few years indefinitely

Non taxed stress free work at rates higher than virtually any other unskilled job far outweighs "car maintenance" compared to the bullshit with retail or dishwashing at near min wage, invest in cypto and the profits there alone come out ahead of any car maintenance
>>
>>38856990
Do I? I get to make the same 7 things all night, and I have to deal with the whole staff being high as fuck and holding up my orders. Not to mention, I have like 3 minutes to make every order, and if I have 10 orders to make, everyone holds on me and treats me like shit.

I get paid $8 an hour and the guy who has been here 2 years doesn't even get 9. I have to dip into my savings to pay my rent if I'm not given enough hours, and I get about $50 a paycheck to spend on food. Try eating baked potatoes for dinner every day for a month. I can't afford to hire an exterminator to get rid of my roaches either.

Trust me, you may hate your job, but my job makes me hate my life.
>>
>>38856979
Chinese takeout, they don't check shit and will likely pay under the table
>>
>>38857115
Unfortunately there is no chinese takeout where I live. I live in a small and shitty college town.
>>
>>38857054
This is a super tiny place. Two servers, me alone most days, and two extras in the back Fri-Sun. My options are limited. The chef also has cancer too which doesn't help.

The mods get very complicated. There's a charcuterie board that has about 6 different meats to choose from and a ridiculous amt of cheeses. That alone would make your head spin, but our entrees are also fully customizeable. Amazingly the weekends are easier because having an extra body on garde manger and fryer keeps me focused on saute, the real beast.
>>
I worked as a dishwasher for 4 years and loved every second

Dishwashing is relaxing as fuck. I go into a sort of meditative trance when I do it.

Best of all, NOBODY FUCKING TALKS TO YOU.

Get a load of all the late bloomer waiter normites ITT who can't even handle a fucking dishwashing job. Y'all are soft as fuck
>>
>>38856238
>at a Chinese place
yeah not your regular papa or dominos no shit a non corporate gig can be sweet glad you found one but your boss goes go gambling with the triads or finds another business you fucked
>>
yeah, being a dishwasher sucks ass. if you're going to work in the food industry, work in a food truck. you get lots of free food, tips, paid driving time, etc, and you rarely have to wash dishes. basically it's 3-5 hours of real work, 2 hours of sitting in traffic, and 1 hour of paperwork and loading/unloading the truck
>>
>>38850629
>get to wear earphones
Boy you had it fucking easy
>>
>>38857102
I feel your pain. If you have any ambition of being a chef, start taking Adderall. It's the best shit ever for this career.
>>
>>38849612
I just think positive thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOtuZ00NkVE
>>
Ive done simple dishes like pizza pans and dough trays.
>>
>>38857452
You just had an incompetent power tripping boss
>>
**Si, tengo pura, ese!**
>>
>>38852622
If u cant interact with people fo not get into either of those fields because all tbe entry level jobs require a shitload of working wirh people.
>>
File: 1501357050262.jpg (19KB, 495x362px) Image search: [Google]
1501357050262.jpg
19KB, 495x362px
>>38849612
I don't know how I do it either.
I didn't know that I would randomly get called in the middle of the day (Usually one of my off days) to go fix some "Sandwich emergency" and if I didn't pick up I'd get written up.
FUCKING EMAIL ME SINCE IM NOT ON MY PHONE 24/7 I'VE ASKED MULTIPLE TIMES WHY ELSE WOULD I HAVE MADE A BUSINESS EMAIL
>>
>>38849612
You could be a security guard and get paid above minimum wage to fuck off for 8 hours a day.
>>
>>38858142
ah yes the security 'meme'
>>
File: 1500800887161.jpg (123KB, 720x703px) Image search: [Google]
1500800887161.jpg
123KB, 720x703px
>>38850529
>first day wageslaving at dishwasher position
>other dishwasher and cook conversate after the dishwashers were done talking shit
>"watch out he might pull some naruto spins on you, haha"
>ignore them
>closing gets near
>scrubing dishes making sure it won't take long to leave
>"you need to leave that to soak"
>just keep getting it off easily
>"JUST LEAVE IT TO SOAK
>Say im going to keep scrubing it
>Looks at me and says shut up
>Procedes to talk to other dishwasher telling him that im a pussy
I hate dishwashing with these normies they constantly get aggressive unless you suck their dick.
Thread posts: 174
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.