[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So it's nearly 5am here, been up all night again with no

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

File: 1494491094758.jpg (826KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1494491094758.jpg
826KB, 1920x1200px
So it's nearly 5am here, been up all night again with no end in sight.

What's everyone been up to? How's life? Why do you spend all night like this? Let's hang.
>>
I am the night's time.

https://youtu.be/2YGGEbSI_fo
>>
Been doing much the same and have been every day for the past couple weeks. I got to pet a stingray two days ago that acted like a dog and I loved the experience, so I've decided to go visit the local aquarium to volunteer and feed the stingrays and give them love and care next Monday.
Feels good man.
>>
>>38841344
OP again.

So, i'm going through this transitional period where I was doing the day night thing "normally" but i've changed my ways yet again.

I don't know why. It's like 3am has become my new 3pm or something. It's been like this my whole life. High school was even like this which made things difficult.

Some people are just really not made for the day time are they?
>>
>>38841344
Hey, almost 5 AM here too. Just hanging around. I've been staying up til 5-6 most nights for the last few weeks..not sure if its good or not
>>
>>38841344
Is it just me or is nothing better than listening to synth wave and stuff while driving places at night?

I wish more places were open around here at night though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glETrwyZAs0
>>
File: 1470690702486.jpg (533KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1470690702486.jpg
533KB, 1920x1200px
>>38841404
I'm probably going to stay up tonight and today, maybe crash around afternoon, get up at 10pm and do it again.

Been like this since I resigned from my job a few months ago. Trying to get my shit together but it feels like my life is going in a completely different direction.

I'm trying to write more, staying up all night listening to music in the dark writing and hanging out here. I must look like a disheveled mess.
>>
>>38841375
That's kinda cool.
>>
>>38841444
Very similar situation for me. Been just over a month since I quit my job. Night has always been the time where I feel the most creative. I spend my nights listening to nocturnes and other impressionist music while I write or study art.
>>
>>38841473
That's maximum comfy my dude. Yeah, I tried, I really tried but I have a lot of personal crap that keeps me from feeling normal and no way to get help so I ran from that life back to this.

I'm far more comfortable at night than I am in the day. Maybe it's living in a warm climate, I dunno. But I was like this when I lived in the city too. Just spend all night up hanging out in 24 hour convenience stores buying random shit like bananas, ramen and root beer barrel candy. Sitting around my computer all night reading or writing random things, short stories, ideas and stuff for practice.

I spent all night the other night looking up articles and videos about the beta max and vhs format war of the 70's while drinking and eating taquitos.

But I learned something in my millennial quest for success and fame. There is nothing wrong with living a humble and modest life.
>>
>>38841535
Blah blah blah. You will never make it as a writer so just keep masturbating yourself into your keyboard thinking you will make it one day (protip: you won't). Eventually you will end up that middle aged guy just starting his career at wal-mart. Sick bruh!
>>
>>38841344

I'm running a data scrubber on old production databases for my company. literally just sitting around waiting for it to finish this task

I'm still not exactly sure why we're scrubbing weeks old prod data

it's 4:15am
>>
>>38841535
living a humble and modest life is all I hope to achieve. I live in a central part of the city and all of my expenses are well under a grand a month, probably tipping closer to 500. In my apartment complex everyone works a 9 to 5. My schedule is quite the opposite. I live the freedom to think and work as I wish without dictation to my life. I know how lucky I am so I rarely push my thoughts or opinions on others. The only bothersome part is when they do so to me. There is no true reciprocation in this world, only the push of ones perceived self-awareness that in turn boosts a sense of self-importance. This has been my struggle recently, dealing with those who create grandoise diversions in their life that detract from the natural being. Life has been lost and the true appreciation of beauty no longer exists.

It's impossible to tell anyone this without them being offended. That's because they can't take the truth that they are too important to thenselves. Ego-trippers.

Just ranting, sorry
>>
>>38841671
When you hit rock bottom there's nowhere else to go but up.

You're exactly one year and nine months too late to make me feel anything. She destroyed all capacity I had left.
>>
>>38841344
Honestly, yanks are ruining my town. I'm just a southerner
>>
>>38841701
I struggled for that normie dream. 9 to 5, wake up in the morning, go to bed at night. I felt like my body was rejecting it though.

Maybe I should get a night job.
>>
>>38841408
That's my favorite night activity too!
>>
>>38841688
How's the skilled worker life?
not NEET not wagecuck (you get some training)
>>
File: 1356852191846.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1356852191846.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>>38841789
The fucking night life is the right life. My life is a series of sunsets and sunrises with music and stars in between.
>>
Because its summer and i have nothing to do. Oh i tried sleeping early too at like 11pm and i still wake up at 3pm.
>>
>>38841778
I don't. I quite like where I am currently. I have always been the night's time as long as I remember. Obviously this lifestyle is not sustainable so what I plan to do is get another job and save 5k+ grand, quit and do this again. I guess I'm lucky that the one girl who takes interest in me also enjoys the night and will not pass judgement on me. It also helps that my main hobby, pinball, usually can only take place in the early evening until late at night and rarely during the day.
>>
>>38841801

honestly it's not too bad. working from home 24/7 so I never have to see any of my coworkers

I live like a NEET but have the resources to buy pretty much anything I want (but no gf because fuck spending my money on someone else). overall not a terrible life
>>
Lost my virginity to a prostitute three days ago but it knocked me back into a degenerate sleep schedule. I'm trying to stay up all day today, any tips?
>>
>>38841853
Yearn for anything more, or are you just watching where society and tech go?
>>
>>38841878
Find something to do, stay active I guess? Drink some coffee.

Asian prostitute? I love Asian hookers.
>>
>>38841853
Sounds comfy. Got any hobbies?
>>
>>38841885

I yearn for another 18k/year so I can break the 6 figure mark

I'm also going to ride the ship as long as I can at my current company, because I get ~5 weeks of pto starting

other than that, not really. my life is quiet enough. I have a few decent internet friends I chat with/game with that help pass the time
>>
>>38841878
Avoid sugar, especially energy drinks. I'm at the point now where I have a high tolerance to all the shit in energy drinks so it basically does nothing but give me a sugar crash later. Green tea is a much better alternative.

As for achieving staying awake, usually gaming is the easiest thing for me. A game like path of exile with a seemingly endless goal to achieve works perfectly.
>>
>>38841947
>Sounds comfy but I couldn't do it.

I'll work myself to insanity, but I want to achieve something
>>
>>38841344
I'm normally a night owl but this night its not by my own choosing. I swear to god females are going to be the end of me. As soon as I convince myself ive broken free from this rusty ball of chain thats been corroding for the passed year I get sucked back in for the dumbest of reasons. You know what it was this time? It was because the cunt got a ball and chain that was gold, it wasn't even solid gold, it was polished. Isn't that some fucking bullshit? I can't help it, its my natural I suppose but fuck me man you know?
>>
>>38841976
>>38841947

>your life sounds comfy, Had a typo, not trying to be an ass

Something grand, like homemade satelite.
>We're entering the space stage boyS!
>>
>>38841940

pretty much video games. I've started traveling places this year. went to puerto rico and london solo, and going to iceland with my dad and brother in october

I like traveling alone, too. it's fun to go places by yourself, do whatever you want, and not be beholden to anyone's schedule. when I was in san juan, I woke up every day at noon at the earliest, and then just dicked around the city the whole time

>>38841976

I mean, I'd like to be a more accomplished DBA so I could have options as time went on. I'd like to own my own beachfront place in puerto rico as well in the future, but that's probably something for my mid-late 30's. I have a few years

and no worries anon, I got what you meant
>>
>>38841997
Seriously though, fuel tanks made outa this shit would be light enough to make an uberlight rocket

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8OhJKR3AA4

I could build something like this, but with more innovative, and more likely to blow up materials
>>
>>38841898
No, Russian. She was really sweet and generally they are 7/10. I say generally cause I got BTFO'd by two of them cause I told them I was virgin
>active
Eyes are getting heavy as we speak, I'd say around 10am I'll be in complete agony.
>coffee
I'll buy that and a large pizza in a couple hours
>Asian hookers
Tell me more about that? How do I go about finding one? I used backpage.
>>38841948
I've played so many vidya as a kid that I developed a disdain for it :[ I probably would still be addicted to it if I had the latest consoles. The only things I have available are roms and online games. No Steam :[
>no sugary drinks
Is Starbucks coffee good?
>>
>>38842080
Just make tea at home. Coffee will make you crash. Going to shitbux for coffee or tea is extremely overpriced.
>>
>>38842080
Its 5:43 and im thinking about staying up to reset my horrible sleep schedule too. I normally play league or old school rs
>>
>>38842080
Aww man, I was in Singapore every time I was with a hooker. They have some cute Chinese girls, really clean. It's legal and they keep things as clean as possible.

This one time I paid the basic price for thirty minutes with this Chinese girl with huge tits and she not only let me fuck but

>sucked my dick expertly
>gave me a tit job with her huge tits
>got on top and rode my dick

All without asking or paying extra. Above and beyond in my opinion, she did not have to do that for the price I paid.

Another time I lied that I didn't have enough and this Chinese super cutey let me in and fuck her anyway. I maximized my time and went almost the full half hour. We we're worn out after. Then she gave me a free forehead massage after and we hung out and talked for a bit. She was cool.

I went across the street to Mcdonalds and bought lunch with the money I said I didn't have.

Hookers is good people.
>>
>>38841844
That is the thing, your body is trying to find consistency, when you sleep at 11pm and wake up at 3 pm your body is used to the behavior of waking up so it chooses to stay on schedule, practice and consistency is key, if you are committed.
>>
>>38841344
It's almost 4 am here. Can't sleep, took some seroquel but it's not knocking me out, and have a lot of racing thoughts. A lot of negative feels.
>>
>>38842207
Anxiety?

I'm so jealous of my cousin. She started taking meds that basically destroy all negative thought so she just has happy thoughts all day. Sounds nice.

But i'm afraid if I get medicated it will ruin my creativity since like 90% of that requires me to feel all kinds of things including painful depression and anxiety. I feel like blocking that stuff off will cripple me.

It's a double edged sword.
>>
anyone have a nice asmrfu to rec? I need to try and sleep probably.
>>
I had a dream I was Simon Belmont the other night and I was trapped in Castlevania fighting undead monsters. Then Dracula showed up and I whipped the piss out of him.

It's weird, I havn't played a Castlevania game since I was a kid and only saw a trailer weeks ago for that Netflix show but havn't thought of it at all since. What a weird dream to suddenly be in.
>>
>>38842107
It's so easy to fall into the trap, all of July I spent doing NOTHING. I'm done with that and i fixed it a week ago but alas, you know how it is... gl, we are in the same page
>>38842105
Pizza and tea it is
And Starbucks is really bad lel at all these white girls that don't know what real coffee tastes like and are addicted to shitwater
>>38842158
Damn what a story. unfortunately, I don't have the funds to leave the country, but once i do, I'll keep an eye out for Singapore.
>hookers are nice people
Surprisingly, they very much are so.
>>
File: 1501667912263.gif (481KB, 540x810px) Image search: [Google]
1501667912263.gif
481KB, 540x810px
>>38841344
Have you ever noticed how much like an anthill cities are? Or a hive? I wonder if we're another kind of insect that builds cities.

That's not to put down the marvel of what we build. It's wondrous, really. Mile after mile of paved roads, interconnected and meant to be paths for our circulation. Light coursing through all of it and shining in the darkness. Rivers and lakes built and tamed by human hands, sending water coursing through the desert. Hell, air conditioning! This whole crazy, global web of people and their resources and their outputs that we've built, spanning deserts, valleys, oceans, rivers, lakes, forests, canyons, tundras-all these crazy places that humans inhabit. I wonder if anything has ever looked down at our sparkling web at night and marvelled at it the way we marvel at anthills.

What are we? Am I an insect? An ant? I wonder if humans have some giant hivemind the way that insects seem to.

This is some good weed.
>>
>>38842236
Yeah I guess so, frustration in general. I hear you on the medication bit, I got off my antidepressant about 3 weeks ago and am weening off klonopin now. I've been feeling a lot of bad but at least I'm feeling, the past few years I've felt in a cloud. Another reason I can't sleep is my mouth is producing too much saliva and I lee needing to spit. What sort of creative endeavor do you pursue?
>>
>>38842301
I got into an argument with some fucking, "Humans deserve to be extinct, muh nature!" bitches about this.

Humans are animals. We build cities. Cities are as natural as bird nests.

Technology and cities and stuff are just extensions of nature and evolution.

Do you believe in the collective unconscious? Shared genetic memory? Some people believe the reason every continent on the planet has imagery of dragons is because the dragon is a primordial symbol, an amalgam of our biggest natural predators in pre history.

Snakes, large cats and something something, can't remember.
>>
File: 1501812361357.jpg (125KB, 471x628px) Image search: [Google]
1501812361357.jpg
125KB, 471x628px
>>38842346
I'm getting back into writing. I had a series of unfortunate events send me into a depression spiral that eventually lead back here to my all nighters.

So I started writing again for fun, short stories and stuff. I want to write a full length novel and I have an idea for this story. It's a bit experimental and at the same time... fun I guess? It's relaxing. And emotional. Maybe a bit sappy and dramatic but that's the mood i'm in inside now.

I havn't draw since high school but I started sketching again too. Pic related. I'm crazy rusty, I havn't drawn seriously in over ten years but when I write I have to sketch out some ideas and characters.
>>
>>38842425
Im not into writing but i wanna produce music videos some day...so kinda similar?

This song is one of my biggest inspirations, idk maybe it'll inspire you too
https://youtu.be/kWo_tQ8XEdo
>>
>>38842495
That's... really unique anon. Why does it sound backwards?
>>
File: 47263621.jpg (46KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
47263621.jpg
46KB, 480x480px
>>38842364
this robot gets it
the distinction between natural and artificial is bullshit
>>
>>38842528
Because it is
Jf recorded himself improvising on a tape, put it in backwards, and then improvised on top of that
>>
>>38842364
>I got into an argument with some fucking, "Humans deserve to be extinct, muh nature!" bitches about this
I'm against all of that nonsense. Anti-natalism, population culling, the whole no-child movement, and the Gaia-hates-people thing. Granted, I'm a tofu-eating hippy at the end of the day, but it's hard for me not to see the human race as being in harmony with it all somehow. How are cities and such not something the whole planet is doing, in the same way that forests and rivers are?

This planet yielded up an animal that can direct the course of rivers, that can live in pretty much any environment on the planet, that seeks to learn and experiment and catalogue, and that is rapidy approaching the ability to command the forces of life and evolution themselves through biotech and genetics. Earth's signature feature-life-is consciously seeking to alter, control, and maintain the features of the earth's atmosphere and surface, and we think that's a transgression or a mistake somehow?

Even if I am gonna buy into some Gaia-hippy-no-ego stuff, maybe humans aren't a mistake. I'm not completely writing off the idea that we can be out-of-balance with nature, but maybe this planet produced us on purpose. Maybe we really are supposed to be stewards to the garden and have dominion over it. Maybe it wanted pairs of eyes connected to brains so that it could behold itself.

I think maybe we're actually beyond being the dominant species. We might be something more analogous to the planet's nervous system.

>>38842550
>the distinction between natural and artificial is bullshit
Yup.

>Do you believe in the collective unconscious?
Yes.

>Shared genetic memory?
I don't know.
>>
>>38842585
Aww man it's weird you bring up Gaia, the main character of one of the stories I wanted to write is actually Gaia.

But she's completely of the mind that humans and cities and tech are natural, she eats meat and likes cars. One of the big points of the story is how she kinda blows the fuck out of hippies just for this reason.
>>
>>38842585
>maybe humans aren't a mistake
>>38842645
maybe life was a mistake and we're here to fix that
>>
File: 1459888741547.png (595KB, 734x708px) Image search: [Google]
1459888741547.png
595KB, 734x708px
i have a huge exam coming up and im pretty behind on my studying so im doing the only reasonable thing: running away as fast as i can dude weed lmaoing and playing hollow knight.
pretty sure i can somehow squeeze out a passing grade thereby completing my degree.
i heard the second you get your degree they hand you a book about how life as an adult works and from then on it all makes sense, is that true?
>>
>>38841344
Applied to a bunch of sales jobs because I don't know what else to look for that I could get that don't pay like ass. Took 1mg of xanax but it's not really making me tired, lately I've been in a cycle of staying up for 24-30 hours, crashing the next day and sleeping 10 hours, repeat. Nothing seems to help, I ran 5 miles tonight at my apartment's gym, nada.

Honestly if I don't find a job soon I'm going to have to move home and I'm not going to start over again, I'm sick of becoming independent then fucking it up endlessly.
>>
>>38842694
In my story Gaia created humanity in the image of the gods and wants to see them progress, grow and become gods in their own right.

She protects the earth like a baby until humanity can take care of themselves.
>>
I'm living with my dad in his camper trailer. Just took my meds, I go to sleep around 8pm, it's 8:32 nao.
>>
>>38842645
I dunno. On the one hand, I do think it's possible for us to abuse Earth, and I don't think it's without meaning or importance that we're basically the first species to start questioning whether we have to live by our instincts. On the other hand, I think separating ourselves too much from our natural place creates a warped view of what we are, and I do think technology is a good thing.

It's truly strange how aware we are.

>>38842718
Everybody is winging it the whole way. You know you're an adult when you look around the room to find an adult to fix something, and then realize, in horror, that you ARE the adult in the room.
>>
>>38842748
>You know you're an adult when you look around the room to find an adult to fix something, and then realize, in horror, that you ARE the adult in the room.
kekked hard but at the same time i have a bad feeling about this
>>
>>38842723
boring and gay,
hope it has some good sex scenes and splosions n stuff
>>
>>38842748
I think it's possible to abuse the earth too but I feel like our biggest problem is abusing each other.

The earth is tough, it bounces back.

>>38842778
Well Gaia is a lesbian that fight space demons, other gods and controls the elements.

I wanted to write a scene where the solar system is destroyed at one point.
>>
>>38842718
Adulthood sucks for robots as you're expected to do adult things at an adult pace
>>
>>38842820
honestly, looking at all the retards out there who manage to keep their lives afloat makes me pretty confident i can handle it somehow.
>>
>>38843007
It's the "adult pace" that's the problem. Even the retards seem to have this superhuman energy and motivation and capacity to just do shit. Even if they often do stupid shit, or do shit poorly.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.