[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tl;dr: Does Tinder throttle/gate the users you see in your pile?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

File: 1501380192755.png (20KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1501380192755.png
20KB, 512x512px
tl;dr: Does Tinder throttle/gate the users you see in your pile? Is there any way to get around that.

Okay, so I know some of you use Tinder with varying degrees of success, I recently started, but deleted my first profile a bit ago.

After remaking my profile with better pictures, I tried to match with one of the girls I had matched with before. Unfortunately, I can't find her on the app. Every day Tinder will give me a few more girls in my "pile" to swipe left or right on, and she's not in there.

I know she didn't delete her profile, because I made sure to check her information on my first profile right before deleting it and making my second. I suspect that Tinder throttles the displayed pool of people. Some of the girls I immediately saw on my first profile, have come trickling into my feed days after making the second. I'm getting sick of using this app. It's been days and I haven't even seen the profile I'm looking for. I even went out of my way to find various social media profiles of hers, and update my Facebook likes accordingly, in hopes that having more common interests will give her priority.

Does Tinder actually throttle the users it shows you? Is there any way at all to find a work around?
>>
What does throttling mean here?
>>
>>38839702
i find it funny that you actually think you're going to get anywhere with that girl if you find her, let alone match with her
>>
>>38839738
In this sense, it would mean that it's only displaying a few accounts nearby, and holding the rest back.

>>38839788
Perhaps I won't, but I already matched with her once, with an extraordinarily shitty profile. This time, I have a much better profile that's practically tailored to her interests. I also have a decent handle on her likes/dislikes after digging around on a few social media platforms and her accounts on some obscure "artsy" websites. Like I said, it might not happen, but I should be able to handle things decently well.
>>
>>38839702
The answer is always going to be no.
You have to be the top 99.9% otherwise You will get ignored. she's getting rich charismatic body builders throwing themselves at her she doesn't do anything besides pick and choose the absolute best.

What makes you think you even stand a chance those odds?
>>
>>38839855
m8, I'm just trying to find her profile, and asking questions related to that. I'm not asking whether or not I have a chance.

With regard to chances though, like I mentioned above, she swiped right once, and since then, I've stalked her pretty extensively on social media. I know what makes her laugh, what things she dislikes, etc.
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 630x819px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 630x819px
Help me guys, is pic related a good opening line with a girl? First girl I ever matched with and idk what to say
>>
>>38840483
That's a very autistic reply. Don't.
>>
>>38840643
How do I start a conversation then? Lots of bios say not to ask how their days are going etc. cos they find that boring.
>>
>>38840483
I have said worst things but you'd be better off saying what's up than that shit
>>
>>38840674
Starting a Tinder conversation is virtually impossible

1. Girls on Tinder put no effort in
2. Girls on Tinder just look for validation

Its A LOT easier to talk to girls in real life trust me.
>>
>>38840483
>>38840643
>>38840683
I just got another match and she sent a gif of a woman taking off her glasses in like an admiring way, wtf am I supposed to say to that?
>>
>>38840732
she's like stupidly attractive too, so she might just be a bot.
>>
File: 1483342361092.jpg (121KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1483342361092.jpg
121KB, 800x800px
>>38840732
you tryna smash?
orignalajljfoajsd0ofoa of course
>>
>>38840674
Use something from your profile. If she lists her favorite band or movie or whatever, open by saying you like them too. Otherwise, one that always works is:

"I want to feed you sushi and slap your ass after watching a movie".
>>
>>38839702
Yes. it has an ELO type system that everyone starts at base neutral linked to your facebook.If you get bad reviews or swipe to many times in a day you're shunted into the bad user/possible spambot section and the high quality users are no longer available to you. Its damn near impossible to get out of as well.
The only way out or to avoid it otherwise is to buy tinder plus which removes all that shit.
>>
>>38840674
>How do I start a conversation then?

YOU SEND HER A MEME BRO
>>
>>38840842
fr tho is sending one of those gifs they have attached considered dumb, or is that fine as an icebreaker?
>>
>>38840930
>one of those gifs
No gifs are lame af bro u need to send obscure 4chin memes

they'll get curious and then ask you what is that? etc
>>
>>38840643
>>38840683
>>38840483
Her profile mentions joke so I'm gonna ask her "You got jokes?"
>>
File: 1446221070489.jpg (65KB, 600x660px) Image search: [Google]
1446221070489.jpg
65KB, 600x660px
>mfw thread gets hijacked

G-good luck, anon.
>>
>>38839702
It does throttle the available accounts, yes. I suspect it gives more swipes to users with higher ELO and vice versa. But if you keep opening and swiping you will eventually see the same girls again. And again. And again. But if you wanted those girls, you should have messaged them the first time around.
>>
>>38841916

I deleted my first account senpai. I'm just beginning day 3 of account 2. Still haven't seen the qt yet. I do have 23 matches thus far, so I'm assuming my ELO isn't horrible.
>>
>>38842127
>23 matches thus far
>2 days
kek why on earth are you on this board?
I got 2 matches in 5 months
>>
File: 1444734520285s.jpg (6KB, 250x231px) Image search: [Google]
1444734520285s.jpg
6KB, 250x231px
>>38839702
>no one left in your area to swipe
>refresh
>some more options
>cool i'll get to these later
>no one is found
I think Tinder hides a chunk of people from you if you don't pay for it. I believe I have a very uggu face compared to guys on there, but there should be more matches than what I have.

There's no way it's just fat chicks liking me.
>>
>>38842268
I don't know if you've been reading between the lines here anon, but:
>matched with a girl and decided she's my oneitis from a 500 character bio.
>Extensively stalked her social media profiles to get a decent grasp on her personality
>Made an entirely new Tinder for the sole purpose of actually wooing her, complete with staged photos, and a bio tailored to her likes.

Take a wild guess as to why I'm here, anon.

>>38842340
I'd almost understand throttling for baseline users, but I bought a plus subscription. That said, I'd recommend buying a boost and using it at primetime on a Thursday or Sunday.
>>
>>38842966
>Take a wild guess as to why I'm here, anon.
You obsess for some random slut and suddenly you think you're a robot?

Maybe you should try wrting to teen vogue?
>>
>>38842340
yeah, I never get any matches, and I'm a pretty attractive guy. 99% of the people they show me are 4/10 at best. I live in a shitty suburb so that probably has something to do with it. I'm also in the south, so not a whole lot of like-minded people here either.

Tinder is only worth it if you live near a major university, or if you're in a large city. For instance, I was visiting my friend in Colorado a few months ago, and he lives in Ft. Collins- 5 minutes away from Colorado State. I was matching with qts left and right.
>>
>>38843001
Obsessive tendencies and a complete and total lack of social skills, senpai.
>>
I'm told I'm handsome irl every now and then. When tinder first came out I'd get several legit matches a day.

I must have done something to my ELO because whenever I create a new account I'm only shown bots. Clearly the app ties any new accounts to your phone number to maintain your ELO.
>>
>>38840483
I literally just said "well hello there" with my tinder match and have ended up talking to her for 3 months now, exchanged snapchat and phone numbers, and have met up in person fairly regularly
>>
>>38839840
>This time, I have a much better profile that's practically tailored to her interests.

do you really not know how creepy and autistic you are?

girls are out there living their life daily while you sit behind a screen trying to get girls to like you. why didnt you just meet her the first time around? she has for sure moved on
>>
File: just.jpg (30KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
30KB, 600x601px
>>38839702
Its my first go on the app so i bought 1 month of tinder plus so that I could swipe literally everyone on the app with "boost."

After about 3 weeks ive only gotten around 12 matchs. I still see people effected from my boost matching me(it says) only 2 people that i superliked liked me back (one unmatched)

Haven't actually met anyone but I did dodge the chance to one night when she was drinking near by with people. Plans to meet with the girl i superliked after her vacation but who knows

>tfw ugly/average
>>
Can I use a fake picture? Like animu. I want to just see what's on there
>>
>>38839702
If you're picky with the likes your profile won't come up to chicks that often. You also have to talk to them because the algorithm records all of your actions and decides how many profiles you'll see daily and how many profiles will see yours.
You have to swipe right on chicks that are average or below you and not to swipe right on as many of the 10/10s that you come across.
Also, if you swipe right on all chicks you'll get the same result, less chicks to see your profile.
You have to find a balance. Of course free users are limited.
To try to get more matches try to reinstall the app, mess with the area and age you're looking for.

t. loser with normalfag friends who try to find me a girlfriend so they autistically do research about tinder to make sure I have the highest chances to get laid
>>
The problem with tinder is that even after you match with someone, you need to play your cards EXACTLY right to even make a slight chance.

> She needs to actually want to meet up with you
> She needs to be actually attracted to you
> You need to make sure you don't fuck up the convo
> You need to be lucky enough she even wants to talk at the exact moment you start talking

the list goes on and on
>>
File: efd.jpg (47KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
efd.jpg
47KB, 403x392px
>normies will never stop making their degenerate tinder threads here
GEEEEET OUUUUUUT
>>
File: 20170804_200118.png (178KB, 720x1128px) Image search: [Google]
20170804_200118.png
178KB, 720x1128px
>>38848052
No, you don't. If you're chad you can get away with almost anything. It's more about the cards you hold than how you play them is how I'd put it. If she thinks you're barely passable the chances are she'll never meet you anyways. If she thinks you're hot she is going to be keen to meet regardless of how you go about arranging it.

Anyway, I have some unused matches saved up and think it's time for a game of "dubs decide what I say". Pic related
>>
Tinder is absolute shit my man. I got a bunch of matches(using nothing but a selfie and a shirtless mirror pic, mind you. Bitches are thirsty), but 90% of the chicks I met irl were way fatter than their profile, and the other 10% were fucking crazy. Maybe its just cause I live in the american south, but seriously fuck that app. The bitches are also very pompous, every match they get adds a little extra to their ego. Just hire a whore if you wanna get laid, or if you have a problem with that for some reason and have any semblance of social skills and aren't underage just hit up local clubs and pull some drunk skank. Both will be much better than any tinder sloot.
>>
>>38839702
OP, I signed up for tindr a few months ago, and had a decent number of matches, conversations, etc and only like a 1/4 of them were bots.

Closed my account, signed up again (using same facebook profile), added different pics, etc. Kept it for 2 weeks before giving up. 5 matches and 3 were bots. 1 was a bitch, 1 was a landwhale with a deceiving first picture.

Maybe she closed her account? Or maybe they actually do throttle it if you close.

What also pisses me off is that they keep charging you for tindr plus even if you disable your account, this is because it's tied through google play...fucking bullshit.
>>
>>38839909
That's creep as fuck dude, just leave it haha
>>
File: 1466659105487.gif (2MB, 343x249px) Image search: [Google]
1466659105487.gif
2MB, 343x249px
>match with qt
>asks for height
>say 5'7
>says aw cute and unmatched
I guess a positive way of looking at it is that maybe some tall qt will wanna /SS/ me.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.