[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me one good reason you're not out hiking the Appalachian

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: map-of-Appalachian-Trail.jpg (125KB, 702x571px) Image search: [Google]
map-of-Appalachian-Trail.jpg
125KB, 702x571px
Give me one good reason you're not out hiking the Appalachian Trail right now.
>>
I have work in the morning
>>
I live on the west coast, and I don't have the resources to mail myself packages of food for five months while hiking the PCT.
>>
Ticks. Fuck those things.
>>
If someone does this then take me with you.
t. Man living in Appalachians who does farming all day
>>
>>38821020
You don't have do that, silly. You hitchhike into nearby towns and replenish in stores.

You also need a trail name.
>>
>>38820737
Sometimes I just wanna take a walking stick and wander the wilds of America
>>
>>38821423
Isn't that more expensive? I thought that's why people go through the trouble of setting all that up in the first place. Also, I don't want a trail name, I want to be nobody.
>>
File: shutterstock_92480956-copy.jpg (1MB, 1000x761px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_92480956-copy.jpg
1MB, 1000x761px
>>38821029

i would be more worried about bears desu
>>
>>38821464
Statistically speaking, bears are far less dangerous than ticks.
>>
It's hot as a niggers asshole outside
>>
>>38821463
It costs around $5000 to disappear on the trail for 4-6 months. That includes all of your gear and food, and your occasional all-you-can-eat buffet or hotel stay. I'm not sure how much you could shave off if any by mailing all of your food but it doesn't seem too worth it. Maybe people mail their food to save time.
>>
>>38821450

You can do it anoneru
>>
I don't think I could handle seeing young happy couples having fun together.
>>
>>38821464
is it bad if I want to pet him?
>>
>>38821684
There are people who keep them as pets and they're able to play with them and pet and love them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J184FmCiuLk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpeHzsplOnM <--- This guy is a bit of a robot
>>
>>38821540
Hmm, maybe I'll do it next year then. I'm not working anyways, might as well do something cool before I run out of money.
>>
>>38821464
>not packing a gun
I've thought about doing this hike. I would bring my .44 if I did.
>>
>>38821889
Tfw waffles prefers to stay at home and be NEET than to go off into the wilderness and become a wild bear
>>
>>38822018
>I would bring my .44
For the bears? I would be more concerned about humans than I would with those cute black furballs.
>>
>>38820737
>Hurr durr travel bro! Who needs hobbies, and talenst when you can Travel bro! People will think youre interesting!
>>
>>38820737
with little luck youre going to die, otherwise youll probably get robbed and loose all your expensive equipment and tendies, might get kidnapped and sold off to some arab prince, but mostly its just niggers and crakas who haunt those trails to nag some shti from tourists or the gullible.
>>
>>38822134
They will though. You'll experience moments and have stories to tell.
>>
My knees are shit
>>
>>38821464
Just let him gently
>>
>>38821616
This. I go to the woods so I DON'T have to see happy people. Going on a frequently used series of trails would be awful
>>
>>38820737
I live on the other side of the world
>>
File: 164771321.png (6KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
164771321.png
6KB, 226x223px
>>38820737
>tfw live in the netherlands
>had my gear all packed and shit
>wanted to walk all the way to lithuania
>planned the whole shit out, bought a map and pointed all the checkpoints where i'd rest
>started to daydream about going full innawoods
>day of the hike
>walked about 10km from my house, then took the bus home
>>
>>38822270
Sorry to hear that but kek
>>
>>38822270
atleast you tried. that better then most people here
>>
>>38822270
what happened anon

jeez
>>
>>38822270
What the fuck? How and why did you give up like that?
>>
>>38822155
Are you kidding? That's one of the good things about National Parks and hiking trails. There are literally no niggers there.
>>
>>38820737
How do people even walk far? I don't get it. I walked 5 miles today and my thighs rubbed against each other so much I can't walk and they bleed. My legs feel fine just where my skin rubbed it hurt like fuck.

I'm also not even fat I'm just chubby and skinny fat

Also yeah fuck ticks I live near there and I walked in the woods just once with snow on the ground and got Lyme disease fuck this shit
>>
>>38822270
>>wanted to walk all the way to lithuania
Why the fuck would want to go here?
t. lithuanian
>>
>>38820737
>Give me one good reason you're not out hiking the Appalachian Trail right now

Tweakers, pill heads, those crazy hillbilly stereotypes that sit on their porches all day cradling shotguns and complaining about government conspiracies.

I live in the surrounding area
>>
File: tumblr_mfdqh1jM5t1rah60to1_500.jpg (262KB, 426x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mfdqh1jM5t1rah60to1_500.jpg
262KB, 426x640px
>>38821540
i want to do it but i have no money
>>
>tfw never seen a mountain in reaI life
>>
>>38822324

It's >90% white in this region. And violent crime among whites is every bit as bad as a poor black ghetto. Sorry, Anon. /pol/emics won't help you survive in the real world.
>>
>>38822466
>And violent crime among whites is every bit as bad as a poor black ghetto.

Source?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.