[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can i give up on cigs?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 13

File: images.jpg (1KB, 176x116px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
1KB, 176x116px
How can i give up on cigs?
>>
stop buying them
>>
stop smoking them
>>
stop being a pussy and just stop
>>
>>38819341
I am not that broke ffs
>>
>>38819318
E-cigs. Stay away from shitty gas station e-cigs and get yourself an Ego AIO or similar starter kit. I managed to quit cigs in a few weeks and now exclusively vape.
>>
>>38819341
fbpb as always
>>
>>38819355
tried quitting cold turkey a few times. wont gonna work im sure
>>
Make a promise to someone. I made a promise to a friend that if she stopped cutting herself, I'd stop smoking, and I haven't touched a cigarette in about three months now. We both felt like each other's habits were self destructive, so it only made sense if either of us were going to stop.

Essentially you're going to cut it cold turkey, with some more strings attached. If you're used to smoking at least once (likely more) a day, the first three days are going to be hell. Dispose of anything cigarette related; lighters, paper used for blunts, the cigarettes themselves, everything. If it helps, do what I did and throw everything in the shower and wet it until it's unusable and then throw it in the trash so you don't get the urge to pull it out. Makes sure you have someone to talk to as well, and make sure the time you'd normally use for smoking is filled in with something else. Perhaps visit somewhere or try a new activity.
>>
>>38819366
living in a third world country. the stuff we have here explode.
>>
>>38819366
Please shove your vape up your ass and blow your head off :3
>>
>>38819372
Just stop. People that whine about being "addicted" are just pussy faggots that can't handle a headache for a day.
>>
>>38819385
thanks for your time. but i dont have anyone to make a promise for since im out home for college and living in a different city completely alone. even if its the hardest way, quitting cold turkey is the most effective one i guess.
>>
File: IMG_6525.jpg (225KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6525.jpg
225KB, 3000x3000px
>>38819366
I mean, is this supposed to be bait? This is seriously an abstract form of it.
>>
>>38819401
i have three left in the pack. i will be trying that
>>
File: eHktkjC.jpg (92KB, 720x548px) Image search: [Google]
eHktkjC.jpg
92KB, 720x548px
>>38819393
>Shitting on smoking
>Attacking someone who successfully quit using a far safer alternative

Why anon? Did someone hurt you?
>>
>>38819406
You got an internet contact or anything? Could you call home and say, "Hey I'm going to quit smoking I just want to make it out to you guys?" Hell, as an anonymous internet stranger I'd be willing to make a little bro-to-bro promise for us both to improve. Cold turkey is best turkey, but it's easier if it isn't /just/ quitting cold turkey on your own.
>>
File: 1.jpg (41KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
41KB, 852x480px
>>38819444
Even meth addicts are better than fucking vapers.
>>
>>38819420
Not bait anon, just giving my 2c. Hundreds of thousands of people have quit smoking using e-cigs. Just providing OP one of many options available.
>>
>>38819454
Well mother is gone long and dad would say fuck you do whatever you want haha. But i can promise to you if you think thats gonna make it easier for me.
>>
>>38819479
yeah man thank you for your suggestion. but i dont want my face to blow up
>>
File: R390EId.jpg (58KB, 528x623px) Image search: [Google]
R390EId.jpg
58KB, 528x623px
>>38819473
>assuming all vapers are hipster assholes

When was the last time you went outside anon?
>>
>>38819444
>far safer alternative

When the citation that is needed is not gonna turn up the way your retarded ass think it will, you're in for a surprise.
>>
Can someone explain the "quitting cold turkey is hard" meme to me? I've abused many hard drugs for months and I've never had problems quitting cold turkey
>>
>>38819489
A promise to your God would be much more effective, but yeah I'd be down.
I'll give up something for you to give up smoking.

How about I abstain from /d/ and fetish websites for you to stop smoking?
>>
>>38819516
i've been smoking for 8 years
>>
stop smoking them. Oh and smoke weed.
>>
>>38819510
A google search took me 30 seconds. Nice try faggot.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/e-cigarettes-around-95-less-harmful-than-tobacco-estimates-landmark-review
>>
>>38819525
giving up on fisting is way harder.
>>
>>38819504
This board is full of plenty of people who don't like things because they are different. Pretty sad.

OP, I used a vape to help me stop smoking. I would lower the amount of nicotine in the juice in it over time. Then once I ran out of my bottle I just stopped. But you could still vape, I mean, it does taste good and such.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (163KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
163KB, 1920x1080px
>>38819504
>le vaping meme
Pls stop
>>
>>38819516

most people wont have a problem until they've been abusing opiates for a long time
>>
>>38819541
See you in 5-10 years, dumbass.
>>
It's a just do it kind of thing. I just did. I really miss it but I haven't smoked in two weeks.
>>
>>38819550
tried it a bunch and i love the taste. but as i said before im not getting one because all we have here are cheap chinese built ticking bombs unfortunately
>>
File: IMG_6058.jpg (26KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6058.jpg
26KB, 250x238px
>>38819543
I currently am at a failure to understand this statement, but okay.
>>
>>38819558
Nah. In all likelihood, obesity will kill you first :^)
>>
>>38819583
isnt fisting involved in your fetish catalog?
>>
>>38819497
You can literally order it online and not get parts blowing up in your face I invested money in mine and every time I hit it I get nicc'd and it taste like fucking donuts. That shit only happens with bad atomizers and mods.
>>
>>38819574
Order a vape online. It may cost some money to buy a vape + different juices but you will save money in the end.
>>
>>38819318
honestly vaping is the only way out unless you have a strong willpower
>'pack every two days' type of smoker for three years
>learned about vapes
>got a high quality set up
>quit smoking all together
>vapes occasionally after a year

if you get a good mod (50+bucks) with good juice (go for a 6mg nicotine level. not too harsh and not too light) then you'll really enjoy vaping. after sometime of vaping you lose the desire for cravings and can go a whole day forgetting that you have a vape.

vaping doesn't give you that feel good tabacco smoke aesthetic but its better than severely damaging your lungs, ruining your skin and getting cancer.
>>
Every time you go to buy them just imagine how fucking terrible it would be to die a long drawn out lung cancer induced death. It culimates with you choking on your own saliva as shit water fills your lungs. I love smoking but when I want to quit I always just think of this right before I buy them and I stop. I'll usually only buy a pack every now and then when I'm absolutely wasted and smoking feels better than sex.
>>
File: no-smoking-sign.jpg (45KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
no-smoking-sign.jpg
45KB, 600x450px
Don't forget! Vaping isn't smoking, so you're allowed to do it wherever you want. The best way to vape is to blow your cloud at small children. :)
>>
>>38819604
>>38819318
i need to add that fuck the vaping is for faggots meme, i dont vape in public just as i hardly did with cigs because of muh common courtesy.
>>
>>38819604
This the only thing I miss about cigs are the taste vapes can never replicate that I've tried buying tobacco flavored juice before but it's meh the menthol juice is decent though. If you get the chance you should try the mystery airhead juice. It taste like an airhead.
>>
>>38819604
>>38819597
>>38819596
where do i get a quality vape?
>>
File: deebly.jpg (55KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
deebly.jpg
55KB, 600x500px
>>38819366
He's too weak willed to actually sever a shitty stimulant from his daily life.
>>
>>38819645
I got my Vape from a brand called SMOK my model is a T-PRIV. It cost $100 and I'm loving it. It has some additional features like lighting up custom colors when you smoke from it and telling you how many puffs you've taken it also gives you the option to decide how strong you want your hit in terms of wattage/temp and also lets you put a lock on how many puffs you can take from your vape before it stops you and asks if you'd like to undo the lock. It comes with a nice tank large enough to have liquid in it for a day or two and it comes with an atomizer that burns at 30-80w. If you'd like I'd post a picture showing you what it looks like.
>>
>>38819318
buy an ounce of weed, preroll 28 joints and take three days off work, every time you get a craving for a ciggie, smoke a doob, you are going to be so fucked that the physical withdrawl will be gone, and after the third day you are going to be so weary of being incredibly stoned that you will be able to go back to work, it wont cure the mental addiction though
>>
File: Pepe Confused.jpg (101KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe Confused.jpg
101KB, 1024x904px
I don't get why people suggest vaping when people want to quit smoking. If I ever wanted to quit, it'd be to get away from nicotine, not the smoke itself. The few people I know who vape do it way more than those I know who smoke.
>>
>>38819728
There's a lot more control for nicotine consumption with a vape than there is with a cigarette. You can eventually bring the nicotine level to 0 and then just smoke it to feed the habit of just smoking something. Plus if you invest right it taste very good.
>>
>>38819717
Weed actually helped me draw off the cravings.
>>
>>38819341
Pretty much this. I just don't know how to stop feeling so overwhelmed at work, though.
>>
File: 1496353937359.png (57KB, 218x218px) Image search: [Google]
1496353937359.png
57KB, 218x218px
>>38819694
>Attacking others instead of dealing with one's own insecurities

Wew lad
>>
>>38819770
The whole concept is stupid.
>>
>>38819790
Do you know what kind of disgusting shit is in cigarettes? You makes you smell bad, age faster, rot teeth, lung cancer, etc.
>>
>>38819444
you didn't stop. you just substituted one habit for another.

one that is new and not well understood, to boot.
>>
File: vape_starter_kits_2.jpg (13KB, 412x299px) Image search: [Google]
vape_starter_kits_2.jpg
13KB, 412x299px
>>38819645
either a vape store or an online site. i suggest for you're first vape you do some research online on it, go to a nice vape store (the ones that sell box mod vapes) and ask the workers for help, theyll set you up with everything youll need and show you how to work it too. if you're too much of a shut in for that just do an average amount of research, watch some videos on what youll need, how to use them and mod reviews and then just go order one offline.

>>38819637
ill take your mystery airhead and leave you with purple pixie stick by time bomb.
>>
>>38819819
Oh boy, here comes the elementary school lecture funded by anti-tobacco campaigns.
>>
>>38819790
Not at all it's pretty smart it does what it does and has made its own industry big enough to compete with big tobacco. Vaping only has a couple of carcinogens where cigarettes have a couple hundred different carcinogens.
>>
>>38819856
What, am I wrong? Don't get so upset.
>>
>>38819789
I felt shitty about myself as a person until I dropped nicotine all together. Being called out like that motivates me. Just like how I appreciate my friends fat shaming me since I gained 20 pounds.
>>
>>38819790

I swapped to vape about 3 years ago. It has saved me around 20k bogan dollars.

(1-2 pack day smoker)
>>
>>38819854
>purple pixie stick by time bomb.
Nice I read some reviews will definitely look into buying some and mentioning this juice to my friend.
>>
>>38819865
>>38819867
Vaping hasn't been around long enough for its health effects to be studied the way cigarettes have. I bet people in the future are going to think it's stupid as fuck that we were doing something worse to avoid feeding a bad habit. Like how fake sugars are so much worse for you than if you just ate normal food.
>>38819889
You should neither smoke nor vape to such an extent.
>>
Just stop smoking.
>>
>>38819844
I didn't say I kicked nicotine altogether, I said I quit smoking cigs. Yes, I still consume nic, but through a far safer method.
>>
File: cheers_luv.jpg (121KB, 501x644px) Image search: [Google]
cheers_luv.jpg
121KB, 501x644px
I made a promise to God involving smoking (or rather, stop smoking) and I haven't put my mouth on a cigarette it's been almost 5 months. Seeing as I used to buy a pack each 2 days, as long as I'm a devoted catholic I don't think I ever will smoke again.
It can be hard. I don't leave my house but when I see a pi on instagram of some guys having a good time around a table with beer and smoke I imagine myself in that situation, drunk, having a good chat with friends mid night, and then the thought of lighting a cigar with them. It's temptive, I can't say how I would react since I haven't been in that situation yet, but it seems to be working. I read the bible a lot and that strengthens my will to never smoke again.

I imagine something like that would only work if you're as christian as I am, or believes in a God like I do.
>>
>>38819919
Unlike cigarettes there are only a few things that go into vaping. There is either propylene glycol or vegetable glycerin (sometimes a combination of both), nicotine and flavoring. It's pretty safe.
>>
>guys i need to stop, its literally going to kill me
Who fucking cares? Are you a normie with a wife and a kid? Or worse, a failed normie who is holding out hope that without cigarettes you'll find your way. Tobacco is a great product that offers instant stress relief.

>but it might make me die faster
So? Your life isnt worth dragging out. 18 to 30 are your golden years. After that you're just watching the clock waiting for death. Try to enjoy some of it.
>>
>>38819969
Just remember, if you even THINK about smoking a cigarette you'd better bloody well ask for forgiveness. God is in your head, and he's not fond of your thought crimes. ALWAYS IN YOUR HEAD.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.