[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nobody can seem to give me some type of advice >I'm

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: 1501722411737.jpg (36KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1501722411737.jpg
36KB, 400x400px
Nobody can seem to give me some type of advice

>I'm turning 30 soon
>Make roughly six figures and govt takes a big chunk
>Moved half way across the country for my career
>Ended up becoming successful and finally finding happiness
>After a few years of having a lot of money you see that I'm still alone
>I have nothing but a career
>I'm a workaholic
>I work a lot, and have dedicated my life to a career
>I just want a gf, or a friend again
>But these days I find reasons for not making friends
>I have no idea what to do anymore
>The nightly /kino/ nights aren't helping either
>Just cant take my mind off of being alone anymore

In Japan people like me are called salary men. These are men who spend their whole life working for a company
>>
>>38813000
Are you in japan? if not you're already a lucky boy. try to focus on God. Make sure your ira is being packed so you can retire early and focus on living again.
>>
>>38813000
Same, dude. We're too old to get into a new social circle, but not old enough to just give up and buy a woman yet. I'm just going to put away $50k a year until I figure out what I want in life. Surely I'll be used to not having a gf by then.
>>
>>38813000
you could kill yourself. please do.
>>
>>38813000
are you going to get your hogwarts acceptance letter on your 30th birthday?
>>
File: 1501349915492.jpg (128KB, 850x1202px) Image search: [Google]
1501349915492.jpg
128KB, 850x1202px
>>38813000
>Be 31
>Make 50k
>Been working 50hr weeks since I was 24
>No friends/no life
>Anime is all I have
Fucking lucky buster making ~$100k
>>
>>38813000
out of curiousity, tell us your career and job
>>
>>38813000
why are you in japan to begin with?Are you a native or did you get lucky as a foreigner?The only advice i can really give you is to join a niche community(if you a desperate a famous fandom) and try to start from there.
>>
>>38813000
Same boat my man, I even got a masters degree.

I thought going back for a masters degree would help me find a gf or a new group of friends, it didn't work but hey, it looks good on your resume
>>
File: Ptbw9yH.jpg (47KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
Ptbw9yH.jpg
47KB, 800x522px
>>38813336
>would help me find a gf or a new group of friends, it didn't work but hey,
>>
File: Crying-Frog-Meme-06.jpg (216KB, 937x528px) Image search: [Google]
Crying-Frog-Meme-06.jpg
216KB, 937x528px
>>38813283
IT Engineer
>>
File: 1487004713672.png (205KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1487004713672.png
205KB, 550x550px
Could always bag a roastie on some online dating site for some companionship

You're already way ahead of the curve if you're making that much money and can pretty much take your pick of the litter
>>
>>38813376
Go for a masters degree in management, plenty of females there.

You can even drop out when you find a gf and go for a real degree in science or finance.
>>
>>38813440
Money doesn't help at the six figure level.
>>
>>38813000
I got my masters in comp sci and am looking for a help desk job, since your im IT can you tell me if its hard or if i should know alot, i pushed off applying for 5 months due to shyness but i need a job ill even take a low wage so is it hard or easy for a robot?
>>
>>38813513
Sorry i meant to type bachelors
>>
>>38813509
I think you're wrong. Most women on these sites just don't want someone that's broke or minimum-wagecuck tier
>>
>>38813513
You can learn a lot in the field or the company you start off with

some questions before interviewing people

1. Whats your experience like?
2. Any tough situations you had to work through?
3. Whats your favorite things about tech?
4. How is your home network/computer setup?

If you keep applying for jobs you will get in

Do you have any certs? What state are you in?
I know of plenty companies currently hiring level1-2 techs

I'm a lvl5 tech
>>
File: 1445710982350.jpg (261KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1445710982350.jpg
261KB, 900x900px
>>38813000
>Make roughly six figures and govt takes a big chunk
GET RID OF INCOME TAX AND MAKE UP FOR IT BY INCREASING SALES TAX
REEEEEE I SHOULD GET ALL THE MONEY I WORK FOR
MEANWHILE PEOPLE GET AUTISMBUX BECAUSE THEY SAY THEY GET TOO NERVOUS AROUND PEOPLE
REEEEEEEEEE
>>
Same OP, 28, IT guy, lots of money, few acquintances who are also nerds (not the 'memer' or 'gamer' types, just the social recluse like me).

No gf ever and don't see that changing anytime soon.
>>
>>38813557
Dude, it is horrible

I want to buy a snek with the income I have but wth the taxes it just isn't worth it

I never said I was a millionaire, just a guy headed down a road I dont understand anymore
>>
>>38813562
You're a normie in the IT field

I'm completely alone, the other nerds will never accept me and let me in

I'm in a very tough situation
>>
>>38813588
Why don't they accept you?
>>
>>38813612
>38813612
Nerds, geeks and social out casts have always formed social circles around video games, dungen and dragons

I was never raised with those things, I spent my whole life being alone. I didn't know these things bring people together........

At work introducing myself to a bunch of new techncaians we hired

I introduce myself, nobody really cares...

They start talking about dungens and dragons, they start mentioning games likes rust, and other PC masterrace type games and I'm just standing there being a geek but never having anywhere where I can fit in
>>
>>38813570
I make $59/hr as a pharmacist
Usually work 40 hours a week, so that's a little over $113k
Texas doesn't charge income tax thank god, but the federal government takes $18,713 plus 28% on the amount I make over $91,900. That leaves me with $88,379 before other shit is taken out like medicaid/care, 401k, etc. It's bullshit.
>>
>>38813000
Are you in US op? if so what state? Want a successful BF?
>>
>>38813557
>GET RID OF INCOME TAX AND MAKE UP FOR IT BY INCREASING SALES TAX
Silly anon don't you know that the American economy relies on the worker serfs buying and constantly consuming useless junk because they are trying to fill the empty void in their lives?
>>
I ended up taking "experience courses" at a local community college/continuing education thing. Shit like seminars or afternoon info sessions about specific topics. There are basic ones like basic cooking, learning tips on a specific type (loved the stir fry and baking ones, very fun), photography and developing your own film, wine/whiskey/bourbon tastings, shit like that. The people that go to these things are usually 30 something professionals that want to do something interesting for an afternoon or evening but low-key low stress. Met quite a few people like myself who just had no idea how to make new friends, ended up developing connections with a few of them. I'm in the same boat that I don't spend much money (already built and paid off a modest home, little in the way of debt, take in something like 96k after taxes, put 60k away each year), so these courses have been a fun little way to get out, and are usually pretty cheap, maybe $50 - $150 depending on the length and content.
>>
>>38813888
>>38813000

Jesus Christ. What's with all these richfags on r9k?

Try being almost 30, living with shitty parents, being poor, having no friends, but also having a 126 IQ and a worthless degree.

How the hell do you educate yourself for a career like that? I know people that majored in comp sci that can't break 50k.

It's a "who you know" world , and that means you know someone assholes. Get the fuck out. You at least have some sort of relationship. Even if it's just professional and mostly a facade.
>>
>>38814020
Perhaps you don't really have a 126 IQ.
>>
>>38814227
Perhaps the psychological evaluation I got at a major university medical center was just a hallucination or a paranoid delusion?

Nope, I just suffer from depression and social anxiety.
>>
>>38814020

Not to rain on your picture party Chumlee, but I kind of spent about 13 years working to get here. I've posted this before.
>Worked on a framing crew in highschool and during break from college
>Graduated with a bachelor's in management, had trouble finding work, graduated right after the recession hit
>Went back to work framing
>Had enough experience (3 years) to take the unrestricted construction supervisors license exam
>Spent $1500 on a course, studied my ass off for 3 months, passed the exam first try
>Approached a bank about a business loan, not enough collateral for outright loan
>Made an arrangement with the loan officer
>Bank fronts me, I buy property (individual lots for single family homes), bank mortgages in first position
>150k revolving credit line, I build the house, sell it, replenish the revolving line to full plus interest, and pay back the mortgage plus interest
>Do much of the work myself, hire subcontractors for the rest
>End up with 18k~ profit a house, do 4 a year
>Over the years put away as much as I can, end up having to use less and less building funds from the bank, so more profit in the end
>Take real estate course, can now co-broke, save 6% on the sale price instead of paying someone else
>3 years go by, take brokers exam and pass, now have my own real estate "company" (just me), sell my own homes, save 8k~ a unit in fees
>Get enough put away I don't need a revolving credit line, save on the interest
>Now have enough saved I can finance the land myself, saving even more

I'm at the point now where I hire subs to do the work, while I acquire the property, pull permits, and schedule the crews then sell the homes. It's taken a long time to get to here, and a lot of hard work. But I guess it's just easier to blame someone else for your own shortcomings, right sport?
>>
>>38814277
>social anxiety.
We're fucked, my friend. All that matters are your social skills and the ability to sell yourself.
>>
>>38814376
How did you get that framing crew job?

Im guessing family or friend had something to do with it, you asshole. I'm also guessing they helped out a lot initially by helping you make contacts in your community or giving you a general idea about what you could do. I'm also guessing you live in some part of the backwards part of country that's fairly tight knit if you're building multiple houses on such a small budget.
>>
>>38813000
City life will kill a man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gx97BH5kKo
>>
>>38814399
Tell me about it. It's hard to get a job when you're sweating profusely and trembling every time you go to a job interview.

Doesn't matter if you answer all the questions well and even get your interviewer to admit he's sure you can do the job. If you're trembling and sweating, you're just going to weird people out. It's not what you say, it's how you say it.
>>
>>38814508
>How did you get that framing crew job?

Ad in the paper, simple as that. As for helping, I just worked for them. You work on enough job sites you run into other crews doing other work. We'd be framing, a concrete crew might be there pouring the garage floor, or plumbers or electricians getting an idea for what they'll need, or surveyors doing an as-built. I ended up thinking about what it would take to advance in the field, as I didn't want to swing a hammer my whole life, did research, and took the appropriate steps towards small attainable goals. As for being cheap, you'd be surprised how much it costs to build a house. As long as you aren't in a big city where you need to hire unions or pay absurd prices for the land you can generally build single family residential for between $90 to $115 a square foot (plus lot cost) depending on raw material prices. Just because you didn't get someone to help you doesn't mean everyone that is successful had it given to them.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.