[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dating while 18

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: 1501027842409.gif (956KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1501027842409.gif
956KB, 245x245px
Is dating below my age really that big of a deal? Some people act like if you're 19 or 18 and date someone who's 17 or 16, you're some kind criminal or low-key just pedo. But then they introduce the stupid half your age + 7 rule which makes no sense.
>20 y/o college student
>Try to date a 17 year old in high school and get called a creep?
>40
>Date a 26 y/o and it's somehow not as weird?

Wouldn't a percentage system be better. Like be at least 75% of this person's age to date them. (AgeX/100 * AgeY)=75% or <75%

I say this cause I just turned 18 (1999, April) and this girl who was interested in me 15 (2001, September), a 2y and 5m difference. While I start my first year of college she'd be in 11th grade. And by my third year, she'd join me. Since I'm here I'm rather beta so this would be my first GF yet it seems many people in my surroundings (my mom, her dad, a few people I know, some others) are saying i shouldn't reciprocate even though it's clear we're both interested. I'm not even interested sexually, we're honestly great friends and have known each other for about 3 years. I'm being cucked out of my first relationship just cause a few people disagree with us. Should we just do what we want or is there some actual issue here.
>>
>>38804590
dont normies have that stupid "half your age plus 7" rule?
>>
>>38804596
Yes I clearly stated how stupid it is. The 75% version works so much better cause in this situation a 40y/o and a 27y/o would be a 67% while we would be at 83% and in late September 88%.
>>
It's pretty weird. Girls aged 17 and 19 both physically look the same. Older guys usually date younger because women start to look old. So it shows that you are not mature enough for a girl your age / can't get a girl your age
>>
The difference is that minors aren't mature enough to make important life decisions such as who they should have sex with. I know there isn't much of a difference between 17 and 18, but there has to be a cut off point somewhere.
>>
File: 1501302584264.gif (7KB, 170x200px) Image search: [Google]
1501302584264.gif
7KB, 170x200px
>>38804690
>People are unable to think or make decisions until they reach an arbitrary age
>>
>>38804736
I hope that means you're fine with a 10 year old making your financial decisions then. If you seriously think a teenager has the same insight as an adult you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>38804690
I never understood that. At 16 we can start learning how to drive, live alone, are above the age of consent and can even be held accountable for our crimes. In high school they even scold us for acting childish. So the whole maturity thing seems off.

And as I said before, though sex might happen, this is legitimate romantic interest and not lust. I really don't care about that for now.
>>
>>38804789
Please see >>38804815 and OP . No one mentioned 10 year olds. This is recently 18 and someone who turns 16 in a month and 24 days.
>>
>>38804590
You're just two years older than her, what's even the problem here. Of course you should do whatever you want. And if you're really interested in what others think, the issue will dissapear sooner than later, if they don't ever forget it, when she turns seventeen no one will care.
Also, it's not really that much of a big deal in general, I think you just happened to be surrounded by people who don't like it for some reason.
>>
File: 1501233408651.gif (6KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1501233408651.gif
6KB, 300x300px
>>38804930
Her dad is being a huge asshole about it and idk what could happen if we just do as we please. In my case my mom disagrees but is not as strict about it. My dad is fine with it and so is her mom but she stays quiet.
>>
There's still brain development before 25. As you get older, the years are effectively shorter for your experience.

The earlier years' difference is more important than a proportional amount of later years' difference. Half+7 reflects that better than a straight percentage, while being simple enough for people to remember, and implying a minimum for even equal ages at 14.
>>
>>38804590
Because she's under the protection of her father or nearest male relative and you intend to dishonor her
If some fucking creep touched my daughter or my sister, I'd fucking beat the shit out of him with a ballpeen hammer
>>
File: 1500675207118.png (133KB, 487x622px) Image search: [Google]
1500675207118.png
133KB, 487x622px
>>38804690
you do realize that sexual relationships between minors is totally fine and happens at a younger and younger age as we move to more and more degenerate times? The law isnt about the young ones not being able to make decisions the law is ment for adults to keep their hands off of young teens.
>>
>>38805047
I seem rather responsible, I'm a straight A student, have a job even though it is for training, and about to got to a pretty good Uni after a gap year. I might have my weird hobbies such as Polynesian moving drawings and being a music geek but on the outside I seem like a rather normal guy or even great, except for the small incidents of autism which I'm slowly recovering from. In fact he's been fine with me up till now. I'm pretty far from the typical creeps on this site so quit projecting.

She has always stated that her dad is rather controlling though. I've never really seen it till now.
>>
>>38804590
>Dating someone from HS into college
OP you're gonna break up less than a semester into college
She's not gonna wait on you and you're not gonna wait on her
>>
>>38805361
>We still live in the same city
>Oh shit, same neighborhood?
>Pretty much been best friends for 3 years. Still one of the only few friends I have.
>She was interested in me first.

idk senfampai. Plus I'm not getting cucked out of my first relationship cause "oh you might break up" as if that isn't a possibility for any relationship.
>>
>>38804590
When I was your age I was in love with a 14 year old. I don't think there's anything morally wrong with it, but I know it looks weird. She's 17 now, and I'm starting to feel better about asking her out sometime. She's super mature and her family likes me. If you're really in love, she'll still be there in a couple of years. If she finds someone else, it wasn't meant to be, and consider it a good thing you didn't date for a while only to break up.
>>
>>38805317
The Dad just doesnt know you, probably has no idea about your achievements and your personality, noshit you need the fathers approval but that doesnt matter as you need the girls confession to go behind bars and if youre that good together thats not gonna happen even if The Dad is gonna start shit and get cops involved. In the end it wont matter for shit those few years are gonna fly by regardless of if you do anything or not just that youll have missed those years to be with her. Trust me im an expert 21yrold dadless kisllesvirgin hikineet, but you dont have to be an (((expert""" to know how humans think and the world turns.
>>
File: anime_japanese_man_laughing.jpg (51KB, 333x308px) Image search: [Google]
anime_japanese_man_laughing.jpg
51KB, 333x308px
>>38805499
>Being this naive
Nice one lad
>>
>>38804653
18/15 is fine but also illegal
>>
File: 1469406292267.jpg (167KB, 769x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1469406292267.jpg
167KB, 769x1000px
>>38804590
The reason people don't like it is because of
>>38804684
and because there's a pretty big difference in maturity between even ages 16 and 17 in teenager that you don't see between ages 22 and 23 for example. It doesn't matter even if you think she's mature for her age, once you factor in things like life experience.
Also, she probably looks up to you a whole lot and that makes her very impressionable. I'm not saying you would intentionally manipulate her, but it would be very easy to do so. I guess my main point is that you are innately on a higher level than her in many ways and that this can lead to problems in a relationship.
I wouldn't start this if I were you. But then again, I'm not you, so just consider what I said at least. And jesus, don't do the sex with her.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.