[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you will never live in capital wasteland >tfw you

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 12

File: Fallout_3_cover_art.png (169KB, 256x429px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_3_cover_art.png
169KB, 256x429px
>tfw you will never live in capital wasteland
>tfw you will never explore the wastes with your beloved gf and dog
>tfw you will never put your mind to use to develop innovative and deadly weapons
>tfw you will never own a shack in megaton
>the you will never own and maintain your power armor

Hold me brothers
>>
File: 1479394323439.png (101KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1479394323439.png
101KB, 1000x1000px
knowing my luck, i'd be one of the ghouls.
>>
>>38778783
With all my acne scars I look like a ghoul.
>>38778732
The vaults in fallout seem really comfy, I would love to live in one of them myself alone with unlimited supply of food and entertainment
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 894x894px
>>38778732
>tfw you will never enlist to join the enclave
>tfw you will never have an enclave officer gf while you're a standard trooper
>tfw you will never be tasked with setting up an outpost with your enclave officer gf along with your mind controlled deathclaw pet

Why even live? Also I unironically enjoyed fallout 3
>>
File: 1292109482191842.jpg (32KB, 550x344px) Image search: [Google]
1292109482191842.jpg
32KB, 550x344px
>tfw you will never run errands around the wastes to help moira brown
>>
>>38778850
Fallout 3 was the shit
>>
>>38778850
same. i unironically think fallout 3 is the best in the series after having played all of them for hundreds of hours
>>
File: image.jpg (380KB, 1600x907px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
380KB, 1600x907px
>>38778866
The story is a tad boring but I thought the gameplay and some of the lore was really fun. I just don't understand why people shit all over it.
>>
>>38778945
Tbh I've never seen anyone insult fallout 3. Many people I've spoken to have thought it was the best after NV and some people even thought it was better
>>
>>38778945
the gameplay is shit and it's just another shitty open world game that is filled with worthless crap
>>
my advice would be to look for doomsday "preppers".
you can roleplay with them and they actually believe the world is ending, so it helps with the suspension of disbelief.
plus their gear is less mad max bathroom homosexual leathergimp and more actual survivalism. Plus they're mostly conservative folk so you might get a qt Christian arranged marriage gf. Hey, you need to have kids to restore the world population after The Happening.
>>
>>38779003
Here's hoping Obsidian can make another Fallout game with a full development cycle so that they aren't rushed. I'd like to see it take place east of NV and the Hoover Dam where Fallout: Van Buren was going to take place
>>
File: MHu85ym.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MHu85ym.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>38778732
>ywn be a courier for the Mojave Express
>ywn walk the lonesome road
>ywn make people smile by giving them their package, their little joy in a joyless world
>ywn meet fun characters through your travels and form unsuspected relations
>ywn find love in the Mojave Wasteland
>ywn find love
>>
>>38779003
1, 2, and NV are the only real Fallout games.
>>
>people who struggle with their safe, stable 1st world lives fantasize about post-apocalypse

I think most people here don't want to admit that irl, they aren't hyper-lethal, plot-armored ultra-Chads. The more privileged robots would be able to get a Vault spot, but end up getting butt-fucked by the Illuminati pseudoscience program. The vast majority of us would be in a mutie's gore bag, or a feral ghoul if we're lucky.

Also, Fallout 3 was just an okay game. Not bad, not great.
>>
>>38779390
Whatever the vaults may be, they're comfy as fuck and safe, not irradiated, free from all aliments, super mutants, and other spooks
>>
>>38779567
You're using 'safe' kind of loosely there. Very few of them provided much actual safety by design (e.g: 101, 8, 17, etc.), and even then those were liable to contamination, outside interference, or being scooped up by Enclave Mengele wannabes.

The majority of them yielded horrible fates, or turned the dwellers into ultra-niggers of some sort.
>>
File: 1499575820666.jpg (56KB, 500x617px) Image search: [Google]
1499575820666.jpg
56KB, 500x617px
>>38778732
I know the feel man. Just wrapped up the core game of F4 and now I feel the need to cleanse myself with some F3 and NV. I'll be there soon man. Just two DLCs to go.
>>
>>38779704
F4 somehow felt, very different from rest of the series
I somehow didn't like it. I loved playing it, enjoyed it but couldn't say I liked the plot and everything
>>
>>38779003
>>38778945
faggots who never played NV and the first one.
No fallout 3 goes against what every RPG is
IT GIVES US A TOO DEFINED BACK STORY.
Wanna be a raider and slaver?
NO YOU MUST SAVE THE WASTE
No ill stick with new vegas.
>>
>>38779845
giving an overall imperative to an rpg isn't necessarily bad. Mass Effect 1 did it well; give the player the broad goal of stop lizard man, and let the player fill in the blanks of how.

Plus FO3 had the option to fuck over the wasteland, but all evil options in that game were mind bendingly stupid.
>>
>>38778732
The lone wanderer is a true robot
>grew up with a single father
>wageslaves after poor performance on GOAT despite studying and having pretty good int
>bullied by Butch and Tunnel snakes
>amata oneitis
>kicked out of home
>wanders around, nobody wants to travel with him except for his dog- has to pay people money just to be his friends
>even his dad dies, leaving him with no family
>called to save vault
>saves vault
>amata still won't put out
>At the water purifier his friends refuse to go in, even the radiation proof ones
>Sgt. RL and fawkes call him a wimp for not suiciding
>goes in purifier
>dies
>>
>>38778732
We have that in Europe, called Bulgaria.
>>
>>38778732
>tfw you will never live in capital wasteland
Oh no I will never live in dry grey area with no social order or indoor plumbing. How terrible.
>tfw you will never explore the wastes with your beloved gf and dog
Raiders would eat your gf, rape your dog, and then kill you if you're lucky.
>tfw you will never put your mind to use to develop innovative and deadly weapons
Time to blow myself up trying to make a nuclear powered reverse vacuum
>tfw you will never own a shack in megaton
Republic of Dave is better.
>the you will never own and maintain your power armor
This one is true
>>
>>38778850
Iktf

>Be me
>Playing Fallout 3
>Discover recording of Enclave soldier detailing how he took out two feral ghouls
>Comfy as fuck
>Wish that that was me
>ywn land in the middle of a bombed-out square and vaporise a band of BoS troops
>>
>>38780134
>>dies
Not if you have the shekels no you don't
You ressuscitate in that BoS add-on
Poorfag
>>
>>38779773
It was extremely short. I expected a large fleshed out story, but was really disappointed in the end. The atmosphere felt off too. The whole focus was built around settlements and rebuilding society. That's why I like F3 and NV so much, because they focus on surviving more.

I've heard good things about Far Harbor and Nuka World though, so I'll just have to wait and see.
>>
>>38778732
Otherwise you can just go in the Middle East or Congolistan and whatever shithole, it's pretty much the same, look up Damas-fucking-scus it looks like DC in FO3
>>
>>38780828
The ability to RP was really hampered by the fact that the story is decided on your behalf. You're a former soldier, a decent family man-woman who loves his kid and probably never had to survive before. I'm rigid maybe but I never wrapped my mind around that
>>
>>38780876
For the sake of fairness in New Vegas you're a mailman who got shot in the face which turned you into a bloodthirsty sociopathic spawn of Satan while potentially delaying further development of the western wastes because you felt like it.
>>
>>38780808
I mean yeah I could say that but that takes away from the point of the greentext does it not? If you use the addons as part of the story he went to space and saved earth from an alien invasion.
>>
>>38780828
Don't buy Nuka World, its a bit short and exploration is overseparated into dungeons with jackshit in between. Story is shit too. Far Harbor is Kino though.
>>
>>38781465
I won't defend NV at all costs because it had its flaws. But at least you can imagine a bit of back story by yourself. You can say he's been a courier all your life; has had a traumatic childhood; is an NCR vet; is a survivalist; etc etc
>>
>>38778783
You have infinite life until you go feral and you can go in all the irradiated areas you want. Hardly a bad deal.
>>
>>38778850
>enlist in the enclave
That's not how it works, you're born into it.
>>
>>38781465
>who got shot in the face which turned you into a bloodthirsty sociopathic spawn of Satan
>he plays new vegas like some CoD tier pleb shit
>>
>>38781609
If you're not irradiated, that is 9/10 times a vault dweller, the enclave let's you enlist
>>
>>38782402
Not that anon.
They don't take outside recruits, period. Look at what they did to Vault 13.
>>
>>38778732
>gf
shit fantasy op
>>
>>38782457
>I never played Fallout 2

Gotcha.
>>
File: you.jpg (73KB, 490x333px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
73KB, 490x333px
>>38782510
Name one, ONE accepted recruit in that wasn't Enclave stock to begin with. If you say 'Chosen One', you have a goldfish's attention span.
>>
File: 5702cf6aea70f.jpg (54KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
5702cf6aea70f.jpg
54KB, 557x605px
>>38778732
>he thinks he'd be immune to pain like his fallout character
>he thinks he'd be able to tank bullets before getting power armor
>he thinks he can engineer new plasma, laser, and gauss weapons without an education
>he doesn't want to live in the Mojave

>>38778850
>he thinks it's possible to join the enclave
The enclave is the best faction though, so you have good taste.
>>
File: falloutncrveteran.jpg (730KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
falloutncrveteran.jpg
730KB, 1920x1080px
>>38778732
>patrolling the modern world completely makes me wish for a nuclear winter
>>
File: fallout4.jpg (346KB, 1900x1330px) Image search: [Google]
fallout4.jpg
346KB, 1900x1330px
>>38782644
Not OP, but...
>he thinks he'd be immune to pain like his fallout character
I know I wouldn't be
>he thinks he'd be able to tank bullets before getting power armor
I play hardcore mode anyway, so basically 1 bullet = death
>he thinks he can engineer new plasma, laser, and gauss weapons without an education
You learn from experience or by joining a faction
>he doesn't want to live in the Mojave
NV is the superior game by 1000%, but the Mojave would fuckin suck to live in. All the soldiers do is complain about the heat.
>>
File: 1393649466865.png (24KB, 559x484px) Image search: [Google]
1393649466865.png
24KB, 559x484px
>fallout cucks
Slavs are the masters of comfy irridated depression
>>
>>38781925
>what are multiple playthroughs where you do different things on each playthrough
>>
>>38782600
>prove something to me
>don't use evidence that would prove me wrong

Thanks for your time, friendo.
>>
>>38782887
They're not even the same genre though. Stalker is 1st and foremost a shooter and fallout is 1st and formost and rpg. You can like both.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.