[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do i get more views on youtube? im a music producer and all

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

File: 960.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
how do i get more views on youtube? im a music producer and all my shit fucking sucks even though ive been doing it non stop for years and i dont get any views or anything on youtube

should i just quit or? im getting pretty pissed ive been persistent but this is just rediuclous. I just feel like giving up.
>>
>>38773373
Post your channel here

>inb4 i don't want to

That would be the kind of attitude that is not getting you views
>>
>>38773389
I don't wanna be associated with r9k tho
>>
>>38773510
post channel so we can downvote bro
>>
>>38773373
I think you have to advertise somewhat anon. Most people get a fanbase by hitting a niche.
>>
File: 1487518926278.jpg (27KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
1487518926278.jpg
27KB, 326x326px
>>38773373
You admit your shit sucks, yet wonder why you get no attention? You retard.
>>
>>38775094
Well dude I'm trying to fucking learn fuck off

>>38775051
How? It seems like shitty forums are the only way.
>>
>>38773373
>how do i get more views on youtube
>all my shit fucking sucks
Stop sucking, duh. In all seriousness, though, if you're doing this just to get e-validation then it's not surprising that you're mediocre at it. Which obviously is your motivation, since you judge the quality of the your music by its popularity, rather than the artistic satisfaction its creation gives you. So yeah, I'd quit and return to it only when you're content to do it for its own sake.
>>
>>38773510
Then fuck off you faggot
>>
>>38775143
I just made a beat today that got a lot of likes on SoundCloud pretty quick. It was the only song I could mix properly.

My laptop is such shit I can't mix songs well because they just skip all over and lag I gotta guess it without hearing it so some of my shit sucks and it's my life and only passion. I'm trying so fucking hard to get good
>>
>>38773373
If you're trying to make music for YouTube fame you basically aren't engaging in the creative process healthily.
In my opinion at least.
The majority of my music experience was conducted whilst trying to make money doing it and I'm completely burnt out after a few years.
>>
>>38773373
What kind of videos you made on yt? maybe they just sucks and you need to make them better? why you don't want to post link to your channel here?
You is autist Imao
>>
I've come across genuinely talented music with little views before. Take this as an example: Fairly successful guy who vlogs in his spare time and also uploads music sometimes. He does it as a hobby and therefor has passion. He's not forcing it and therefor it's genuine. If he pushed his music, he could easily get gigs making tunes for games or selling it one way or another, but it's probably not top of his priorities. His songs get only a few hundred views but has friends and small handful of followers.

If your music is trash and you're trying too hard to make it but can't cos you suck, just kill your self
>>
>>38775193
>my life and only passion
>shit at only thing in life

Wrap it up pal, you're a waste of space. The void beckons.
>>
>>38775200
It's not just that it's just it's my only hobby and I love the music a lot I listen to it every time I'm in the car or drinking

>>38775252
I just make something generic like a "future x Kodak black free type beat" and use a random blurry image with a song on top of it. Some of my songs are ok but the mix is fucking shit because my laptop is too slow to properly mix it and ether YouTube or windows movie maker lowers my quality like fucking crazy.
>>
>i make beats

origi
>>
Shill it everywhere to get at least a small base audience. Or relate your music to whatever thing is popular that month.
>>
>>38775284
>my laptop is too slow to properly mix it
Dude you just suck.
>>
>>38775193
>it's my life and only passion. I'm trying so fucking hard to get good
If you're actually serious about making music then maybe get a job and buy a computer capable of making it?
>>
>>38775306
I'm trying but I don't know where I got a twitter and got 800 ghost followers and posted my shit constantly not much results and every time I check my Twitter and SoundCloud my followers have fallen dramatic

I gotta say tho being a neet it feels really good to actually be looking at something somewhat professional. Promoting myself checking my stats and viewers having followers and shit with a priority I have to check and upkeep. Feels pretty good.
>>
>>38775330
It's kind of hard to mix a song and put it together when my laptop freezes and clips it every time you push play so I have to just lay down all the parts and not even really hear it until it's already an .mp3
>>
>>38775348
Pretend that it's not you shilling it. For example make an "obscure music artist" thread and post your own shit. Repeat on different websites. This way you can get people on board while also receiving honest criticism.
>>
>>38775422
Who else would b posting a video with 10 views tho?
>>
>>38775451
Someone who genuinely wouldnt think of the music as generic ass sick beats bruh

Good and unique music gets noticed. Period.
>>
it's because your music sucks
everyones music sucks now
because there are all these little gay programs and toys to make "music"
but no one makes anything new anymore
it's all just the symptom of a society and culture in decay
the art is some of the stuff that noticeably starts to go first
I don't know why other people haven't figured this out
if things were going good we'd have groundbreaking art
now we've got
>Captain Capeshit Episode 11: FOR CHINKY EYES ONLY VERSION
>100s of thousands of thousands of shitty "bleep bleep", "mix tape", "dj remix", "remix", "beats", "-step", "fag_name_ultra_specific_genre_to_hide_fact_it_is_shit_label"

it's all garbage dude you're not going to make anything new or cool
you are not Mozart
you are one of the billions of tards with a laptop who thinks he can make music
you can't
learn to play a real instrument first
and learn to read music and play some non shitty music

it's all on deaf ears
whatever.
>>
>>38775539
oh and to all the
>muh shitty band I like that's new isn't shit!
no
it fucking sucks ass compared to anything that was good
it's shit in comparison
it's hipster emo faggot shit
shit
millenial retard shit
gheeto REAAAL nigga shit
>>
>>38775529
But it's all I can make right now I'm shit I can't help I'm not musically inclined like everyone else. Jordan didn't make the basketball team in school.

>>38775539
Kinda stupid assumption tbqh senpai I know guitar and drums and since fl studio I've been teaching myself piano.
>>
OP you mentioned having a shit laptop and this gets in the way of your passion.
Now theres no reason you can be creative on a piece of shit. Someone with talent can make great midi music (Burzum). If youre going to take this seriously though you need to step up your equipment. Stop being a teen and get a job.
>>
>>38775635
Noone said being an artist is easy. So many artists have died nobodies. Is this truly your passion or a passong hobby?
>>
>>38775635

Honestly, my only advice is that you keep your expectations low. You're not going to reach mainstream levels of success. It just doesn't happen without connections or extremely high-budget marketing.

But if you get good enough, you might be able to attain the status of an obscure "outsider artist" like Viper or Jandek or something. So I would say, shoot for maybe 20,000 views on average. 20,000 is doable if you shill hard enough and your music is somewhat listenable.

Also, if you suck really bad now, it'll probably be a good 5 years before you're at the "listenable" stage. So keep at it. And get a fucking job to fund better gear.
>>
>>38775694
I don't really have anything else and if I had to work a 9-5 for the rest of my life I'd kill myself or just get autismbux

>>38775697
I always thought if I went to a city and lost my bitch personality I could do something but right now I'm thinking of just being a YouTube artist not really planning just seeing what happens
>>
>>38775635
whatever
remember this
will you ever be able to sight read some well tempered claviar ?
or are you still "teaching yourself piano"

dude you're just an average schmuck
you don't know drums or guitar well either
otherwise you wouldn't have a problem

or really it's probably the same deal you're in it for the attention and are tone deaf but think that everyone else telling you it's shit is just more reason to try harder

HURPA DURRRRR
>>
I really want OP to leave this thread being spoonfed useful knowledge. Would 1000 dollars be decend for an amature music setup? I know fuck all about the needed.
>>
>>38775738
You're not very bright are you? You get a shit job to support your passion and try to get it to take off. I know your parents were neglectful in your upbringing, but youre old enough to think this out.
>>
>>38775742
Well this isn't the 80s faggot I don't need to be a musical knowledge god

>>38775746
Id say literally just a bottom end laptop and you're good. You don't need a piano, drum kit, amazing speakers, all these technical knob pushing button shit you just need a laptop and a daw
>>
>>38775775

>You get a shit job to support your passion and try to get it to take off

Bad advice. It's more like

>You get a shit job to support your passion
>...

It's not good to be emotionally dependent on some transcendental "dream". Just make music because you enjoy it.
>>
It's easier than ever, OP. Digital exclusive releases are already here from established artists and sites like bandcamp really makes it easy for someone with a genuine passion towards an artist easily support them and their music.

Commercial success often happened 10-20 years later with some of my favourite artists. People with established sounds who may just have made something that 'clicked' with an audience or used their experience to nail another project, another sound.

Producing pop music is a whole other deal altogether, with that you shouldn't have any expectations that 'maybe i'll just get lucky like that one guy' without any connections, being a r9k poster as you are.
>>
>>38775797
I don't enjoy I because I suck I just want ovhe able to make shit like what I listen to
>>
>>38775797
Except his laptop is bad enough to affect his music. If you call something a passion, its probably worth inconvinencing yourself over it.
>>
>>38775893
I don't mind using a shitty laptop tho I got the cheapest one I could find just cause I was going crazy without fl studio I told my friend I don't care if it runs fl studio version 1 I'm making beats
>>
Im putting more effort into this thread than you are OP. If youre not talented, expect to put hours of work into the daily. Have fun good luck
>>
>>38775854

Once you're at a certain baseline quality of equipment the only thing you can really do is practice. So I would say, upgrade your shit first, then practice for about 5 years. If you still suck in 2022 then maybe your IQ is too low and you should quit.

Also, try to keep your goals reasonable. There's a limit to what you can achieve with low-budget equipment and only one person. Basically, if you want to make 100% professional, radio-friendly music you're gonna need big money or big connections. So instead you should aim for a lo-fi aesthetic.

Good luck.
>>
>>38775922
I already do that so wtf do I do

Most shit isn't even good metro boomin kinda gave up and his shit now is just the same sprinkler hi hats on top of a sample
>>
>>38775928
I want to make shit like this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e5d4vxomECU

It's 2 notes and a 2 step hi hat I'm so stupid
>>
>>38775937
You keep doing it. Who inspires you most to make music?

Ignore what that other user said about IQ. Not a path you want to go down.
>>
>>38775261
my friend was the same except he got his music into a game indie one quite big one after years of putting stuff out
>>
>>38775977
Producers like metro boomin and lex Luger

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hvy1YOMG-hQ

It's so simple yet I can't do it
>>
>>38776029
You cant copy the style of the beat or make something of that quality? Well, a professional made that for a million dollar artist. Can you see yourself setting time aside for the next year and cranking out as much as you can?
>>
>>38776087
I can't make something that quality
>>
>>38776100
https://youtu.be/SlCRfTmBSGs

Gold night dude. Gl
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.