[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Schizo meds

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: 1459635769678.jpg (10KB, 268x265px) Image search: [Google]
1459635769678.jpg
10KB, 268x265px
So I'm on 20 mg of Olanzapine (anti-psychotic) and can no longer enjoy anything, I mostly just lay in bed doing absolutely nothing. Any schizo/psychotic bots that know what I should do? I can't live like this.
>>
>>38755996
I have no idea how you live as a schizo without killing yourself.
>>
>>38756033
I'm not schizo, just have regular anxiety induced psychotic symptoms, which is why I'm on meds and waiting for therapy
>>
I have bipolar disorder and my manic episodes are effectively psychosis, so I'm on a low dose of abilify. I also take a few other medications. The abilify is the lowest dose but still has the strongest effect. When they first started me on it I was a fucking zombie. Now I have the worst of my symptoms controlled without it affecting my ability to function.

Try asking your psychiatrist if they can try lowering your dose OP.
>>
>>38755996
Damn man, I feel for you. I'm a 32 year old schizo and have been since I was 26. I've had tons of episodes, mostly from when I'm not managing my symptoms. Is this a new medication? Keep in mind its better to manage than believe that Jesus is fondling you.
>>
>>38756357
Thanks for replying, I'll ask my doctor when I see her again. Did your zombie symptoms subside over time?
>>
>>38756413
Damn that's along time. How are you holding up? I'm 22 and have veen taking the meds for 3 weeks now so yes it's new.
>>
>>38755996
Here also a schizo on olanzapine. I hate my meds as u do. That's why im secretly not taking them. Life's gud now. I start hearing voices overtime now, but at least my brain isn't kill
>>
>>38756603
Aren't you afraid of losing it? What does your doctor say?
>>
ackchyually brain drugs are bullshit but im afraid i dont see any othere future for me
>>
>>38756501
No problem dude. The side effects of the meds lessened slightly over time but it was reducing the dose gradually that removed the zombie feeling completely

For the record I'm 25 and have been taking abilify for four years now.
>>
>>38756567
Yeah, it's been a long ride desu. It's taken some time learning how to manage effectively, and also partially getting used to it. I'm currently on Risperidone, and its not bad. Never take Haldol, it'll give you Tourette syndrome.

One thing to keep in mind is to stick to meds despite being tempted to not take them. When you go off and on sporadically, your episodes can become more intense. I did this when I was younger and ended up catatonic in a psych ward. You seriously should just take them and slowly readjust. There's a lot that you have to deal with when you have this shit, so learn what works for you before you take anything on.

Recognize your negative symptoms as well.
>>
>>38756730
docter still thinks im on my threatment. When i have a appointment with my psychiatrist i lie about my metal state and all is good. Yea i might lose it again but im start getting a hang of recognizing early symptoms. When im starting to go mr.Robot again i'lll start talking my pills until im tranquilo
>>
>>38756890
Dude, one glitch and you're going to be done. Take your meds ffs.
>>
>>38756958
nah. i just turn into your average quiet beta who's secretly thinking he can change the world with a pocket calculator. No worries
>>
>>38755996
Seroquel, at least your dick still gets hard. The only side affect, in the beginning, your heart races a little bit if you get up too fast or you try to exert too much energy suddenly (after first hour of ingestion) and weight gain. Its all pretty minor as long as you watch how much you eat. It will chill you out pretty well actually its a little bit dopey but that wears off after two hours. The only problem is it has a noticeable withdrawal around the scale of heroin, but your under medical supervision so that risk is also minor. It works surprisingly well if you need the meds.

Personally, id stay away from meds, but if you need them Seroquel is pretty good all considering
>>
>>38756829
I'm more tempted to smoke weed again but I'm too afraid of the possible side effects with these meds. I wouldn't stop taking them though, I never want to go through psychosis again.
>>
>>38757127
During first two hours of ingestion your heart will races a little from time to time, but that stops after about 1-2 hours lasts during the first month or so when youre getting stabalized on your dose
>>
>>38757127
Weight gain is also a side effect with Olanzapine, I go to a gym which has personal guides so I spoke to one of them and he knew exactly what antipsychotics are and how they affect the body. He gave me tips on dieting and told me to continue on my workout schedule. Thing is I can't be bothered to get out of bed let alone cook meals and go to the gym.
>>
>>38755996
>Olanzapine
oh boy the weight gain is gonna be fun, you have no idea.
>>
>>38757326
How much did you gain? Oregano
>>
>>38757165
Thats what fucked me up when I was younger, but I had mixed results. I could go for periods where nothing happened by weed alone but the second any real stress showed up I caved and was talking to cats after three days awake and chain smoking. It would help with the associated depression but I'd have to ignore the voices. The paranoia from the dopamine rush is what causes it. So due to that I stopped smoking weed, and by my age it doesn't really seem appealing anymore. The second the high would hit, my voices would get bad and say shit like "We're baaack!" lol
>>
>>38757480
About 130 lbs in 5 years
>>
>>38757062
Not taking your meds is the stupidest fucking shit and makes me so angry
>go to psychiatrist
>get diagnosed with a mental illness
>given something to take that will dramatically improve your quality of life and lifespan
>don't take it as directed?????

What's the fucking point of going to get help if you won't follow simple instructions? Meds don't work properly if you take them on and off, antipsychotics are not like painkillers.
>>
>>38757652
Damn that's 68 kg extra (I weigh 91 kg and have 22,1% bodyfat),
>>
>>38756603
What's it like being a schizo? I've got mad anxiety and have been through psychosis before, but I'd like to hear what it's like to have your condition
>>
>>38757651
Well that's fucked up. I've never been able to hear what my voices were saying, perhaps I should just stay of the weed.
>>
>>38757836
Exactly, I even did the conversion to make it easy for you because I thought you were a burger.
Yeah, I pretty much doubled my weight because of that shit (from 70 to 13x) and, in my case, it didn't even help. It actually made things worse because as it turns out I wasn not really schizophrenic and I wasn't supposed to take antipsychotics.
>>
>>38757997
Why would you keep taking a medicine that doesn't help and made you gain a fuckton of weight? Wasn't there a point where you stopped and thought
>maybe I should ask to switch meds
>>
>>38757916
The less you take care of yourself, the worse it gets and the longer it takes to come back. At least for me, the stronger the episode the more clear they become plus that weird tickling/locking up sensation in your brain gets worse. Weed will make your head sing eventually.

People joke about neetbux but honestly I wouldn't wish this shit on an enemy.

I keep it a safeguarded secret, normies really don't understand.
>>
>>38758392
Yeah, after all those years I stopped taking it even if the fucking psychiatrist told me that I shouldn't. That's when I realized that he was an idiot and he got the diagnosis wrong.
To be fair, I went through hell when I had to detox from that shit, but it's good to be free.
I even managed to lose all the weight I gained, I'm down to 73kg now.
>>
>>38758466
If it wasn't schizophrenia, what were you actually diagnosed with?
>>
File: 28947237347634.gif (1MB, 508x583px) Image search: [Google]
28947237347634.gif
1MB, 508x583px
>>38756099
IF YOURE NOT A SCHIZO WHY THE FUCK TAKE ANTI PSYCHOTIC PILLS DUMB FAGGOT.

just fucking exercise that's the best thing you can do
>>
>>38758566
Who knows, I'm done with those quacks.
basically my problem was autism (meme autism, not the real one). You know, zero social skills, complete isolation ecc...
My parents brought me to a couple of doctors, and I ended up taking pills that I didn't need. Also, those pills even created some psychotic symptoms, so the doctor told me that I was getting worse and that I needed to keep taking the pills. It was a fucking mess, man.
Now I'm still autistic, I'm a 26yo KHHV and some things aren't going to change, that's who I am. But at least I don't have the additional shit that those pills were shitting me in my brain.
>>
>>38758665
Wow dude
I'd make fun of you for being so stupid but you've hurt yourself more than anything I could do
>>
>>38758767
Well, you don't get the picture. When I started taking (more like they FORCED me to take) those pills I didn't really know what I was doing, and as I kept taking them my mind was fading away day after day.
And I was certainly stupid enough to trust the doctors.
But then, for some reason that I don't really understand, even though my brain was almost completely shut down, I decided to quit all those pills I was taking (I was also taking benzos for insomnia, I forgot about that).
Like I said before, the withdrawal was atrocious and some of the symptoms lasted for 2 years.
Now my mind is clear again, but at the time I couldn't really think straight and realize what was happening to me, because the druhs were fucking with my brain.
They turned me into a zombie, and a part of me misses that, because at least I wasn't aware of how much my life really sucks.
But in the end I managed to do the only smart thing, so it ended well enough.
>>
Sup my dudes, I don't have schizophrenia myself, but my mum does and is in the middle of being treated for her second bad episode. She's currently in a secure ward and is getting risperidone (against her will), she simply refuses to acknowledge her psychotic episodes, and is denying her previous episode back in 2008 where she was put on olanzapine until she stopped taking them in 2012.

Do you guys think she'll start to become more aware of her episodes or 'jumbled' thoughts after a while on the risperidone? During her episode it was mainly paranoid delusions but she has real memory problems and seems to just invent explanations for why she had these delusions in the first place. She can't seem to remember much of anything, especially when she gets really bad audio/visual hallucinations.

What can I do myself? She wanted to come back home but I'm fairly certain that letting her pretend that she doesn't have a serious mental illness is just going to make everything worse. I had to sign off on the section 3 (britfag) last week and feel guilty as fuck for it but really hope she gets more stable. At the moment I just bring her biscuits and tobacco.
>>
File: goodnight sleepy1.jpg (27KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
goodnight sleepy1.jpg
27KB, 250x250px
i have schizoaffective disorder and i'm on abilify and bupropion

i'm so fucking tired all the time, it's hell. i also gained around 50kg since starting the medication.

i used to take lamotrigine too, until a few weeks ago. now my psychiatrist wants to put me on mirtazapine as well, which i think is fucking retarded, because not only does it make you sleepy, you also gain weight, both are side effects i fucking want to avoid and the reason i stopped taking lamotrigine.

i got myself some 4-flouro-methylphenidate a while back, which made me feel completely normal and awake again. sadly that's expensive and has since been outlawed in my country. but it made my brain work properly again. i'm a smart guy, or at least used to be, being tired and not being able to use my brain is suffering. the 4f-mph was a great experience, it made me feel like before the illness and medication.

i am trying to get my psychiatrist to prescribe me methylphenidate (ritalin), i'm hoping to get the same effects as i did with the 4f-mph (though 4f-mph is about twice as strong). but that would be off-label and it can also cause psychosis. she said she wouldn't prescribe it to me until i've tried literally everything else there is. i am now officially a lab rat until i get what i need, but at least there's hope.
psychostimulants in combination with atypical antipsychotics are the answer to my problem. i hope i can convince my psychiatrists eventually. otherwise i'll just stay on autismbux until i die.
>>
>>38758958
Damn man, that sucks. You probably did the right thing though, I've been in psych wards with people like her and they're bound for a repeat episode if they refute help. She may be denying to simply get out of there and brushing it off, which is when you need to remind them of the actual crazy behaviors they displayed.
>>
I have been on 4 different anti psychotics and so far the only side effect I had was weight gain

Maybe ask your doctor for a different anti psychotics
>>
>>38758597
>just exercise
spotted the actual retard in the thread
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.