[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here is taking hydroxyzine? Doctor prescribed me this

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Anyone here is taking hydroxyzine? Doctor prescribed me this because i have problems falling asleep. I still haven't bought it becasue im afraid to take it.
>>
>>38710196

"Other contraindications include the administration of hydroxyzine alongside depressants and other compounds which affect the central nervous system.[24] and if absolutely necessary, it should only be administered concomitantly in small doses.[24] If administered in small doses with other substances, such as mentioned, then patients should refrain from using dangerous machinery, motor vehicles or any other practice requiring absolute concentration, in accordance with safety law.[24]

Studies have also been conducted which show that long-term prescription of hydroxyzine can lead to tardive dyskinesia after years of use, but effects related to dyskinesia have also anecdotally been reported after periods of 7.5 months,[25] such as continual head rolling, lip licking and other forms of athetoid movement. In certain cases, elderly patients' previous interactions with phenothiazine derivatives or pre-existing neuroleptic treatment may have had some contribution towards dyskinesia at the administration of hydroxyzine due to hypersensitivity caused due to the prolonged treatment,[25] and therefore some contraindication is given to the short-term administration of hydroxyzine to those with previous phenothiazine use.[25]"

And as always, give it a month. If the side effects are too severe, just ask for an alternative. Your individual biochemistry is a factor after all. If it doesn't work (after a month) or if the trade-off sucks, stop taking it.
>>
What's the worst that can happen?
You'd die?
Big fucking deal, give me a bottle and I'll down it in one go right in front of your eyes, I don't give a fuck anymore.
>>
>>38710565
>What's the worst that can happen?
some minor but very annoying side effects might occur
>>
>>38710196
Its nothing exciting, it just makes you kind of tired
Its an antihistamine that's not much more potent than benadryl. Your doctor gave it to you because it doesn't have any abuse potential like benzos, because he probably thought you were trying to scam real drugs from him.
You are better off not filling it again, a month supply is probably more expensive than 30 pills of store brand benadryl and you'll get the exact same effect.
>>
ALL sleeping medication, including benzos, Z-drugs and anti-histamines are bad for the brain and will ultimately give you dementia when you're older.

That's the sad truth, and I've had chronic fucking insomnia for decades. Used to get a variety of drugs prescribed but now I just live with the tiredness.
>>
Pharmacist here.

Hydroxyzine is a mild anti-anxiety and hypnotic. Used pretty often to help sleep. Not addictive like benzos or anything. Worst that can happen is it doesn't work well for you.
>>
>>38710196
It's basically benadryl+. It works a bit for anxiety, itchiness, as well as a good short term sleep aid.
>>
I took if for sinus trouble. It's decent for a while, but the body builds up a resistance fairly quickly in my experience. It was wirtbless after the first year.
>>
>>38710821
>>38710866
>>38710867
>>38710890
>>38710894
is there anything you guys would recommend to fall asleep quickly?
>>
>>38711505
A bullet to the brain.
Works everytime, scientifically proven.
>>
>>38711505
Alcohol, keep drinking a shot at a time until you cannot stay awake
>>
it makes it impossible to exercise, it made me physically exhausted so fucking quick so I threw it away.
Nice drug to take a few and get a coffee somewhere, killed my anxiety enough to be normal in public so thats a plus.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.