[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's with the current state of philisophical hypocrisy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Scales.jpg (26KB, 520x401px) Image search: [Google]
Scales.jpg
26KB, 520x401px
What's with the current state of philisophical hypocrisy in western cultures, regarding masculinity?

I'm told that as a man, I should be encouraged to share my feelings, shouldn't be afraid to ask for help, and be willing to be vulnerable.
But when I do strangers, friends, and even family all shame me for being "whiny", for not "manning up", for being child-like, and especially that my ability to earn income is a direct reflection of my worth as a human being.

I'm told that as a man I should be even more aware and respectful of the feelings and safety of others, that I should be aware of my privilege and try not to offend women or minorities.
Yet when I do I get chided for being patronizing, that I am just "looking down on them with pity" that they don't need, and that I shouldn't think I know what their needs are.

I'm told that as a man I should love my body regardless of how it looks, weight, shape, height, size, color. That every human being deserves to be treated with love, dignity, and respect.
Yet I am constantly judged, harshly, by all these attributes. I am either not masculine enough, or I am over-compensating. That my desire for love, dignity, and respect, is nothing more than entitlement.

Are these just the growing pains of a cultural shift in philosophy?
Or am I living in an era where gas-lighting men is not only acceptable, but encouraged?
>>
File: DSC_0986_1024x1024.jpg (140KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0986_1024x1024.jpg
140KB, 1024x1024px
>>38708872
>caring about spooks
>caring about what other people think of you
Shiggy my diggy
>>
Men have to be as gods. Mystery and stoicism is like divinity. If you're sensitive, women will empathise with you, but they won't find you attractive, and men will deride you, because you are competition.
>>
>>38708872
That's because the liberal bullshit peddlers are dominating the media. They only want you to be less masculine because it causes less problems for them. You'll be a lot happier if you live the way nature intended and forget all the pc bullshit. If you offend someone tell them to suck a dick, and always approach a conflict/situation with the mindset that you are in charge.
>>
>>38708872
Gaslighting has always been the status quo: power structures are always based on unrequited loyalty, and the only way to keep that together, long-term, is through manipulation. The west has a conundrum right now that the illusion is maintained through growth, "a rising tide lifts all boats," so they can say, well you're literally giving away most of your time to your employer, but your lot is improving. But since our leaders are idiots, they've been trying to keep that together using credit booms, and the dream gets a bit less plausible with every bust.
>>
>>38708996
>caring about what women think
I swear this is the disease of this board.

Stoicism is good. But not because of social gain, that's irrelevant. Stoicism makes you a better human, it allows you to achieve your goals because you can reason about the world instead of using emotion.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.