[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I go for in community college. What's a good

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1429256041988.gif (464KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
1429256041988.gif
464KB, 500x338px
What should I go for in community college.

What's a good degree to get that can land me a job once I get my associates but also that I can continue studying at a university so I can get a bachelor's?

I have a ton of credits like over 60 so I pretty much have all the core classes knocked out.
>>
be a nurse!! practicing nurses get their doctorates
but don't cuck yourself do what will make you happy as you'll try the hardest in that field and get far.
>>
>>38699988
I wish man but I have a weak stomach. The job I have now has nurses around me and I have to look away when they stick people or draw blood. Thanks though.
>>
>>38699965
Accounting or become a park ranger
>>
>>38699988
That's the route I took. I hate it, but I'd hate doing anything. Starting IV's and giving shots is kind of fun in a way. Not many other jobs pay you to do that kind of thing to people. You see all kinds of cool shit. I wish I'd gone for medicine though. Pisses me off when they don't do what I say when I know more than them.
>>
bumping before I go to bed
gn
>>
>>38699988
This, also girl coworkers ratio is ideal.

Only peoblem is nurses tend to be surly 'sassy' and generally unpleasant
>>
>>38699965

IDK, take some classes to meet some people?
>>
>>38699965
I've heard good things about radiography/computed tomography. You get to work with some neat tech. You get to help people, but without having to deal with piss/shit/blood/vomit like nurses and paramedics. Pay seems to be solid.

I would say either that or something computer-related like cybersecurity or networking.
>>
>>38701998
Well I'm up.

I wanted to do accounting but I'm horrible with math. I had to drop calculus back when I was in school. Fuck imaginary numbers.
>>
>>38704394
>wanting to do accounting
If you value your health don't get an office job.
>>
>>38703835
I have jungle feaver and ive noticed alot of hot black women become nurses especially foreigners. Hnngg
>>
>>38704417
Because you're always sitting? Well I go to the gym pretty often. I work a pretty shit job now so I'd kill for anything else that pays $12+.
>>
>>38704141
I was going to do radiography but apparently you need to sign up early like before May for that course and I don't want to go another year without school.

Tell me more about cyber security and networking. What degree could I get in a university with these?
>>
>>38699965
STEM, medicine, law, finance
>>
>>38705339
>because you're always sitting?
That's just one thing to consider. The workload could be stressful and you will have to deal with normals every day.
>>
>>38705377
You could probably work them into a Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree, but it probably depends on whether the community college has a relevant articulation agreement with the university. See if you can find the info on the CC's website or just give them a call and ask about it.
>>
>What should I go for in community college.

>What's a good degree to get that can land me a job once I get my associates but also that I can continue studying at a university so I can get a bachelor's?

Nursing.

>I have a ton of credits like over 60 so I pretty much have all the core classes knocked out.

Good.
>>
>>38701998
How do I become a park ranger? Seems something I would enjoy very much. Anyone here one?
>>
>>38705377
>Tell me more about cyber security and networking. What degree could I get in a university with these?

None.

>>38704394

Don't worry, accounting is all algebra. You can do it. If Calculus is a degree requirement, take the CLEP Calculus exam for ~$100 to get the credits (it's not graded but it counts towards your degree).
>>38705409
>STEM, medicine, law, finance

The OP asked for things that he could immediately do with an associates and transfer to a bachelors.

>>38705546
You could probably work them into a Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree

No, you probably can't. Computer Science is mathematics, not computer applications.

>>38704417
>If you value your health don't get an office job.

probably good advice. sitting is correlated with death in multiple studies
>>
File: 1485700034408.png (112KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
1485700034408.png
112KB, 500x522px
>>38705677
>No, you probably can't. Computer Science is mathematics, not computer applications.

It depends on the university. Which is why I said in my post to research it first, you imbecile.

Random google searches:

http://www.regis.edu/CCIS/Academics/Degrees-Programs/Undergraduate-Programs/BS-Computer-Networking.aspx

http://www.umuc.edu/academic-programs/bachelors-degrees/computer-networks-and-cyber-security-major.cfm

http://www.coloradotech.edu/degrees/bachelors/it/network-management
>>
File: IMG_0228.jpg (66KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0228.jpg
66KB, 720x720px
Would any experienced /g/entleman recommend going into computer engineering? Is it comfy? Will computer engineering land me a job in machine learning?

Plz respond
>>
>>38705644

/out/ will have some good advice on this topic
>>
>>38699965
Economics

Logistic

IT
>>
Whatever you do, stay away from law:

http://thirdtierreality.blogspot.com/
>>
>>38699965
Go to germany and get an actually good education at a good university for only a part of what you would pay for your college education in burgerland. We have lots of english taught study programms here.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.