[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Control House >Control Senate >Control Republicans

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_6889.jpg (28KB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6889.jpg
28KB, 460x259px
>Control House
>Control Senate
>Control Republicans
>Control Whites

>Can't pass a fucking healthcare bill
>>
Funny how the republicans voted to repeal Obamacare dozens and dozens of times over the last several years back when they knew it couldn't pass the senate or would be vetoed by Obama. That's now been proven to have been nothing but political theatre. They could have spent the last seven years developing a health care plan that they were actually proud of and could actually have the conviction to stand behind. Instead they just talked about it, apparently assuming the day would never come where they actually were expected to govern.

This country is just going to the dogs and honestly it makes me sad.
>>
>>38674807
Because their healthcare bill fucking sucks and their reps will vote them out in the midterms if they actually implement it. There's plenty to criticize about the obamacare, but it's less shit than what they're fronting
>>
you know. i dont want it to pass either but you keep saying that your gonna fucking jinx yourself. dems are so fucking arrogant and cocky. they have a year and a half guaranteed of total rule to figure it out (its really 3 and a half because dems are total shit) keep telling yourself he wont get anything done though when your own party has fucking zero power to do shit about shit
>>
>>38674807
But he doesn't control any of those things anon? The Republican party controls the house and senate but he certainly doesn't control them, many of them hate him and only supported him because they didn't want a democrat to win, and he certainly doesn't control whites since most young white are libs
>>
The thing is, Obama even said Obamacare could be improved. The most logical course of action should have been to fucking amend his plan and IMPROVE it. But nope the GOP and their hick voters can't stand a black man accomplishing something so they want to get rid of it when they have literally nothing better to replace it with.
>>
>>38674807
It's weird. The Democrats lost, but the Republicans became the JUST party.
>>
>>38674807
I imagine Obama must have been rather frustrated that so many people thought passing a healthcare bill was easy.
>>
>>38675383
they're both the JUST party. we need a military coup desu
>>
>>38675360
Would it matter if the entire Republican party was in lock step behind Trump? What is his health care plan? I honestly don't know. I'm seriously asking. Does anyone know what kind of health care system he would design if given the choice? I just remember stuff like this from the debates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDdb4CemRTA
>>
File: 1500953818448.png (161KB, 301x312px) Image search: [Google]
1500953818448.png
161KB, 301x312px
>>38674807
>can't figure out literally anything to replace the healthcare plan
>decide to just throw all the healthcare plans in the bin and figure it out later
>majority of congressmen tell you to fuck off because that's not a real plan
>whine and cry about obstructionism when your "throw everything out we promise we'll figure it out later" bill doesn't get voted through
>>
>>38675392
Remember though, it was "passed" using "deem and pass." It NEVER attained the legislative numbers required to legally pass.
>>
File: IMG_6909.jpg (2MB, 2400x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6909.jpg
2MB, 2400x3000px
>>38675427
I'd full support a coup led by Based Mattis.

Once Trump gets caught in bed with Putin, it'll be the perfect opportunity for him to take over.
>>
>>38675499
this. we need a national security state and national planning like the chinks fuck politics and fuck kikes
>>
>>38675432
I legit don't think he ever had a plan. He thought he could run the government like he runs his businesses and that's just not how it works.
>>
>>38675432
He didn't have one. He hasn't even had a real opinion on the healthcare bills presented by Republican congressmen. He alternated between complimenting it and talking about how great it was and insulting it and calling it mean and heartless. I don't even think he read the damn thing.
>>
>>38676220
His opinions are whatever he thinks they're supposed to be to appeal to his base
>>
>>38675432
His healthcare plan is "I'll sign whatever you idiots get on my desk" which has so far been nothing
>>
The vote just closed on the senate's third attempt, the "skinny" repeal. Another failure. It isn't happening.
>>
>>38676646
Kek what a joke this administration has been.
>>
>>38675086
drumpf, ami rite?
>>
>>38676674
Mitch McConnell appears to be on the verge of tears on the senate floor.
>>
>>38676674
Everyone knows Republicans are the most incompetent people to ever hold office. There's a reason the primaries went the way they did. It's practically 50 Jebs in the Senate.
>>
>have a politics board
>don't use it
>spew out to every other board
Why does pol like to shit everything up
>>
>>38676787
>>38676759
>>38676674
>>38676646
>>38676260

WE
get
IT

You voted for hillary. But trump won. when will u understand!
>>
>>38674807
Did I somehow click on /pol/ and not realize it? Get this shit thread off this board faggot. Go back to /pol/ where you can suck Trump's chode all day and nobody will mind.
>>
>>38676847
I didn't vote for her. If I didn't think republicans were retarded I would've voted for Rubio since the primaries.
>>
>>38676847
Hilarious that some nine months after the election no one is able to give a "defense" of the current administration without mentioning Hillary Clinton. I get it, crooked Hillary, et cetera, ad nauseam.

I can't speak for the other people whom you've referenced, but guess what? I didn't vote for her. I was kind of hoping that one good thing about Trump's election would be that I could finally stop hearing about Hillary Clinton. Sad.
>>
>>38676933
I don't have a defense of the administration because I don't feel I need one.I like most of what Trump has done so far that he has power to do himself. You'll never catch me trying to defend Congressional Republicans. I can't, and I don't want to.
>>
File: shapiro.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
shapiro.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>ywn be charismatic enough to take over the country
>>
>Republicans actually criticize legislation proposed by other Republicans instead of mindlessly voting to pass it like Democrats do and tell Americans "You have to pass it to find out what's in it" with Democrat-proposed legislation
>this is somehow a bad thing
>>
>>38674807
>Control Whites
That's.... painfully accurate.
>>
>>38676962
Did you ever consider that the chaos in the Senate might have been ameliorated by a president who wasn't totally missing in action during the health care debate? Do you have any idea what Donald Trump's preferred health care plan would have been? I do not. Why did he give no meaningful or material guidance to congressmen that were trying to replace Obamacare? Why did he give different answers on what he thought of their efforts depending on whom he was talking to?

This is a diverse country with a lot of people with very different political views. You're never going to get a congress that all feels identically on something so extremely complicated as health care. A good president would have shepherded the debate along and arrived at a bill that was tolerable enough to pass. That's how Obama got Obamacare passed in the first place. Instead Trump left congress to twist in the wind because he's clueless and he has nothing meaningful to contribute. Have you ever heard Trump talk about health care? It's painful and embarrassing.
>>
Impf btfo
>>
>>38674807
See. This is why people are turning to the Alt-left and are dumping the Alt-right.
>>
>>38677127
More like this is why people are turning to alt-left, alt-right, and/or centrist ideologies because the main players at bay have been falling apart disastrously.
>>
>>38677074

No, Obama got Obamacare passed because he had a Democrat majority and Democrats vote to pass anything proposed by another Democrat because of "muh progress." It was unilaterally passed by Democrats and the bill was so long nobody in Congress read it all before it was passed.
>>
>>38677074
Price had a healthcare bill. After Trump's direct team's plan got shot down enough he made it pretty clear he would sign whatever they got to him on their own, they, who have bitching about Obamacare for years and have had years to come up with a solution. Then, they get to a point where they don't even need a PLAN, they just need to pass the bare minimum of getting the process going, and they fail. Healthcare is the GOP's baby, not Trump's.
>>
>>38677148
I think that you have the right of it and it really concerns me. I'm worried that we are going to see more and more support for people like Trump and Bernie Sanders. Charlatans and fools who peddle bad ideas are going to get more and more traction if our professional politicians can't pull back from their decline.
>>
>>38677235
"Bad" ideas are a refreshing change of pace from no ideas. We need to arm more middle eastern rebels and prolong the Cold War, now that's the ticket both parties in Congress can get behind
>>
>>38677204
I'm not going to debate facts with you. Go read the history of the affordable care act. Look at what Obama originally wanted and look at how it evolved to something that was eventually passable. Republicans have talked about repealing Obamacare for seven years. It's been a single minded obsession. They have majorities in both houses. They have the presidency. The law is unpopular. The law has numerous objective failings. Don't tell me that repealing Obamacare was just totally impossible.

Funny that out of all that I said it was the bit about Obama that you wanted to talk about. All you people can do is badmouth politicians who are long gone. It's kind of incredible.
>>
>>38677215
>>Trump's direct team's plan

What was the plan?
>>
>>38677235
""Professional""" politicians are the conmen. The founding fathers were heavily opposed to professional politicians.
>>
>>38677268
I do not agree that bad ideas are better than no ideas. I kind of think that speaks for itself.
>>
>>38677293

Are we just going to pretend like Democrats didn't blame shit on Bush years after he was gone?
>>
>>38677338
So you'd like to behave like the Democrats?
>>
>>38677318
Why didn't they put in term limits for congress then?
>>
>>38677305
Price's. "Ryancare"
>>38677293
>Republicans have talked about repealing Obamacare for seven years. It's been a single minded obsession.
Exactly. Thank you for making my point.
>>
>>38677361
They actually designed a constitution to encourage the creation of an elite ruling class. The electoral college is a very peculiar instrument that only really exists in our country and its purpose was to put a firewall between the government and the people. The senate weren't originally elected directly either. They were originally elected by state legislatures.
>>
>>38677361
Term limits have nothing to do with it. If the people wanted the politician in it figured they should be allowed to serve regardless of how many terms they have had. The founding fathers wanted politicians to be regular workers and tradesmen who worked when needed. They were heavily inspired by Cincinnatus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucius_Quinctius_Cincinnatus
>>
>>38677399
>Exactly. Thank you for making my point.
What is your point?
>>Price's. "Ryancare"
Ryancare was designed by Trump?
>>
>>38674807
Trump voter here.

Honestly have no idea why the Trump Admin is dicking around with health care instead of cracking down hard on illegal immigration, securing the border, preventing terrorism, and rolling back bad trade deals.

The only thing I can think of is that the neocons in his cabinet have somehow outmaneuvered the Bannon/Sessions wing. You dance with the ones that bring ya. Have no idea why Kushner and his ilk seem to be rising in the Trump Admin. Freaking sucks.
>>
>>38677350

No, I'm just making the point that you're full of shit if you think only one side blames former presidents from the other side as >implied by you saying "All you people can do is badmouth politicians who are long gone. It's kind of incredible." It's selective amnesia.
>>
>>38677413
Well, that's pretty naive. How could they have thought that was going to work eh?
>>
>>38677435
because trump is a good goy mate

People forgot that with jews, you ALWAYS lose.
>>
I Trumpled 'em.
>>
>>38677435
Which trade deals do you think need to be rolled back?
>>
>>38677436
I don't think that. I just think that the practice itself is a waste of time and I'm not fooled by it. Here's what I mean by that. I'm trying to talk about repealing Obamacare and you're trying to impute the meaning behind a single sentence while very conspicuously ignoring everything else.
>>
>>38677422
It was designed in collaboration with Price and such with Ryan and others. It didn't get far enough so Ryan withdrew most of his contribution and tossed it to senators and reps. And my point that Republicans are shit for not being able to pass something they should have already figured out without needing constant pep talk from the President who will sign whatever they give him in regards to healthcare, as if they particularly cared what Trump had to say in the matter anyway.

>>38677435
Tax reform and infrastructure is far easier to work with with healthcare sorted out, two things that would be far more helpful to the Rust Belt than any of what you said, including trade deals. /pol/ still doesn't quite understand the economic element of Trump's victory. Healthcare shouldn't have taken this long at all because there was some assumption Republicans actually knew what the fuck they were doing to any extent whatsoever.
>>
File: trump_WoW.jpg (2MB, 1600x1129px) Image search: [Google]
trump_WoW.jpg
2MB, 1600x1129px
>>38677435

>ICE deporting beaners left and right
>illegal crossings going down
>ISIS getting rekt
>TPP BTFO his first week in office
These things are happening, Share Blue
>>
>>38677522
Well I certainly agree with you that it's inexcusable for the Republicans to have talked about this for so long without ever sitting down and actually planning how they would do it.

But I don't think that Trump should have just checked out from the debate. You said that you think Trump would sign anything that lands on his desk with regards to healthcare. I'm inclined to agree and that alarms me quite a bit. That's what I'm saying the problem is.
>>
>>38677522
I'm not sure what people thought that the republicans had "figured out" except "repeal all of obummer's shit." That's it.

1. repeal obamashit
2. ?????????????
3. profit
>>
>>38677582
Apparently that was giving them too much credit, because they couldn't even pass the repeal sans replacement.
>>
>>38677074
It's not the president's role to create legislation.
>>
>>38677552
It's not like there's a bunch of hyper advanced plans to pick apart and choose from. The last option tested was literally just repeal and replace later, it doesn't get simpler than that really. And even that they couldn't agree on because of ol' tumor brain.
>>
>>38677552

It's almost like Trump is part of the executive branch and Congress is part of the legislative branch...
>>
>>38677634
>>38677669
Oh please. Is the man a rubber stamp? President's have used their moral authority to shape policy direction and guide congressional debate since the founding of the republic. Care to explain to me how a boarder wall might be constructed considering that it's an idea originating with the executive and not the legislature? Most every domestic measure that presidents campaign on is understood as being their plan to preside over the legislative direction of the country. He can't write the laws or cast a vote. He can do what every previous president has done to get stuff accomplished though.
>>
>>38677636
During the campaign Donald Trump told us over and over that he had a "great" healthcare plan. Why did he lie about that? He said that he had a plan that would give insurance to everybody at low cost. Why did he say that over and over and over when it wasn't true?

Why did he make seemingly zero effort to actually design such a plan? Why didn't he devote any of his immense resources to researching such a plan. Why didn't he champion such a plan to congress? Why, during the congressional debate, didn't he tour the country promoting his plan and selling its virtues to the American people? He kept holding campaign style rallies. Why couldn't he have used them to do this? It could have really helped vulnerable republicans who were afraid of opposition from their constituencies if they had this kind of backing from the president of the United States. Why didn't he personally take a hand to try to assuage congressmen's concerns and make a deal that could pass? Isn't that his forte?

Should we expect his promises for tax cuts, infrastructure, etc. to go any better?
>>
>>38676807
I think pol has shitted up their own board and filled it with newfags, so now the pol members that want real discussion are spilling over to other boards.
>>
>>38677435
Honestly the tax reform and healthcare are the most pressing issues atm. Also ICE has increased their amount of deportations.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.