[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What strange / unconventional hobbies do you have? Is it something

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 19

File: 1501187691760.jpg (100KB, 764x960px) Image search: [Google]
1501187691760.jpg
100KB, 764x960px
What strange / unconventional hobbies do you have? Is it something that girls may get attracted to?
>>
>blacksmithing
No
>metal casting
No
>chemical engineering
A few times
>antique textbook collecting
They'll think they're interested at first, but get bored the same day
>chronic masturbation
Once
>bowfishing invasive species
No
>automotive restoration
Just hamplanets and lesbians
>>
>>38669162

Wow

Only the BBC can please this goddess
>>
>>38669162
Archery and judo
Maybe my love for outdoor camping and building random mounds and dolmens in the countryside
>>
>>38669289
>namefagging
Only fags
>>
>audio
doubtful
>>
>>38669374
>archery
Compound or recurve?
>>
>having high-res cover art and all the correct metadata for my music files

turns out girls don't listen to late-80s russian underground punk in the first place
>>
File: D3966.jpg (848KB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
D3966.jpg
848KB, 2448x1836px
>>38669371
I guess some girls are just built for the BBC.
>>
>>38669371
>anybody liking niggers
fuckin lol
>>
>>38669371
Big bird cock?
>>
File: 1499786189516.jpg (35KB, 448x604px) Image search: [Google]
1499786189516.jpg
35KB, 448x604px
>Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Nope.
>Fantasy Cartography
I've never met a girl where her eyes didn't glaze over when I've said those words.
>>
>>38669474
Recurve.
Building the dolmens is a lot more fun though. I'd like to think I tricked some white kids into believing they find a Native American religious site.
>>
File: swordfu.webm (1MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
swordfu.webm
1MB, 640x640px
>>38669289
>blacksmithing
there are lot of top tier qts who are into hema tho.
>>
>downloading huge collections of obscure music genres then never listening to most of it
>making noise music
>shitposting

I don't think girls are into this
>>
I'm into Cartography and construction, so I doubt anyone would be interested in my hobbies
>>
>>38669608
>flailing a plastic sword around
>hema

wut
>>
>>38669585
Neat. What's your draw length and weight?

Thank fuck you're keeping the normie population docile.

>>38669608
They are? Only socially frustrated underaged neckbeards have tried to commission a blade over 14", so I stopped making them before I got v& because a customer tried to go for the high score. I mostly stick to custom hand tool making and antique reproduction. I had a fairly popular custom crochet hook line for a while, but it was all online third party work.
>>
>military surplus
>>gasmasks
>>firearms
>>apparel
>photography
>fashion
>amateur radio
>prepping
>record collecting

I mean maybe the hipster ones like record collecting and photography but certainly not gas mask collecting.
>>
>>38669537
Alternatively, big black condor

>>38669553
What exactly is the 2nd one?
>>
File: 20170726_010939.png (257KB, 720x416px) Image search: [Google]
20170726_010939.png
257KB, 720x416px
>>38669162
>masturbating
I guess
>>
>>38669289
bowfishing invasive species sounds like a lot of fun, but my wrists and arms are so weak, i can't even open a bottle of water without difficulty

blacksmithing also sounds neat, but i'd just want to watch, and probably not for long since my attention span is null.

you sound like you live in a fairly outdoorsy place based on your hobbies, is that right?
>>
>>38669882
27 in. Went a little short.
50#
Have hunted with it but didn't get to shoot jack shit
>>
>>38669882
yo speaking of interests i like trucks but have never drove one how do you put it in gear when first starting put? spunds like a no brainer probably but when ive felt of trucks shifters when theyre off theyll usually only have a gear or two you can actually put it in since it dpesnt have syncromesh

is it easy to put it in gear when the truck is actually running? like i know ive been able to only put it in reverse or 5th when its parked or just 4th
>>
File: 27072017_133421.jpg (1MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
27072017_133421.jpg
1MB, 1080x1080px
>>38669162
wargaming.
and yeah, my gf likes miniatures too but she doesn't play an specific game, she tends to help me with some painting every now and then though.
>>
>>38669585
>>38669374
>building mounds and dolmens

i actually want to start doing this.

any pictures of them? I enjoy honouring the sacred sites of my ancestors, building them would be pretty cool.

i want to be buried in a burial mound tbqhfam
>>
>>38669916
>What exactly is the 2nd one?
Drawing maps for fantasy worlds, of course. Ever see those beautiful maps in the front of The Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit?
>>
>>38669909
How often do you use your mickey boots? I've been down to -20F for 4 hours and they still were too warm.

>>38669974
There are wrist guards that can take pretty much all the strain off your wrists, and compound bows are pretty easy to hold drawn. You really only need about 25lbs for boat fishing, since you'll rarely shoot past 7' out or 3' deep.

3D printing might be more your speed.

I grew up in the suburbs around los angeles, and was the bane of the neighborhood. Moved to the midwest for college, same story. Moved to the ghetto and was welcomed as the token whiteboi, and was frequently burglarized until the neighborhood was bought out by the city for demolition.

>>38670053
Nice. My bowfishing rig was a pigfat hoyt with a 26" draw at 40lbs. Worked fine for carp, but I sold it a few years ago. I'm thinking about getting something big enough for deer now that I have a reliable freezer, and my industry shuts down during the first week of rifle season anyway.

>>38670068
They're pretty easy once you figure out how the clutch brake works (you just push the clutch pedal to the floor and wait a second). Once you're moving and know the rpm range of the gears, you don't even use the clutch, and can go from gear to gear with one finger (floating/revmatching).
>>
>>38669526
>built for the BBC
Literally die you cuck
>>
>Surfing
Yes, in fact I mention this trait any way I can and found its a great initiator that can lead to "Hey will you teach me to surf?"
>Public speaking
Maybe sort of, weird hobby but it gets me juiced
>>
>>38671215
Where do you live that surfing is unusual?
>>
>>38671215
Southern California, about 30-45 minutes from the coast. So surfing is not completely unusual but its not like I live in a beach town.
>>
>>38671340
whoopsi originalliii
>>38671459
>>
>>38669162

I'm a purple belt in BJJ and have been training Muay Thai for 4 years now.

At first I was doing BJJ just for the physical touch of people but now its more of a routine than anything else. I'm actually growing to despise it since everyone I meet makes a joke about it being gay. I've bruised/torn my ACL, fucked my collar bone, destroyed my nose and had my shoulder dislocated 3 times. I think I've just become accustomed to the pain or think I deserve it subconsciously. The worst part is having this stinky 27 year old girl who never washes her Gi or crotch trying to triangle me. Even if you tap she makes sure to leave you there for a extra few seconds so you can whiff her terrible stench.

I also clean and restore WW2 weaponry. I recently got some Bayonets from France that I'm going to be working on soon. They're in my workshop.
>>
>>38671775
>Dislocating your shoulder three times
Anon, you're not doing yourself any favors. Once you dislocated a limb, it's pretty fucked and becomes prone to further dislocation and injury.
>>
>>38671775
Do you have any SVT-40 bayonets? They're obviously not french but I'm having a hard time finding anything where I live.
>>
>>38669974
compound bows do all the work for you. you think the pulleys are just for show?
>>
File: gundumb.jpg (190KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
gundumb.jpg
190KB, 1000x667px
>>38669162
>fightan games
no
>plastic robots
no
>>
Just got into collecting vinyls, in an effort to find qt indie girls
>>
>>38671848
I know. I don't care anymore. It feels like I'm already past my prime at the age of 25. After the second time I just popped it back in instead of going to the ER or asking my RN brother to do it.

>>38671855
I'n afraid not. I usually get custom orders from VAs to restore or clean up their old memorabilia. Most of it either looted Gook shit or Natzi equipment. I've never gotten my hands on alot of Russian stuff.
>>
File: IMG_9085.jpg (21KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9085.jpg
21KB, 225x225px
>>38669162
>Researching ancient scriptures
Twice
>Devil shit
All the time
>poetry or "conscious rap"
All the time
>obsession with Existentialism
Yes
>>
>>38669162
I run solo guerrilla warfare drills in the woods near my house and simulate survival situations. I go in basically without water or food and try to survive the weekend. I pretend there's imaginary enemies, ambush them, and "shoot" them with my sks but not really because people nearby will hear the gunshots.

I think girls would think I'm a freak if they ever found out about my hobby.

I also make flower arrangements. Mostly with wildflowers I find in the woods during my mock raids and survival exercises. They wouldn't like that either because it's not chadly.
>>
>>38672324
You could downscale it a bit to survival tactics, camping and the art of war. A lot of cute kinda hippy girls like wilderness shit.
>>
>>38669162

I spend a lot of my time developing trading algorithms, but I don't ever tell anyone about it because then I have to explain it that's probably hobby 1, 2 and 3 and my job.

I tell a lot of people I am a gardener, or that I want to be a gardener when I grow up just to avoid talking about my hobby because no one seems to understand it/
>>
>>38672383
>>when i grow up

MODS
>>
>>38672398

I'm 27 dawg, I say when I grow up as in what I want to do as a career
>>
>>38669371
You mean the BBH (Big Black Hawk)
>>
>>38669553
There's girls into tabletop, I think there's a decent amount of them into White Wolf games
>>
>>38672367
Wouldn't they be weirded out if you asked them to go for a hike deep in the woods?
>>
I build plastic airplane models, building a B-17G right now and a B-24J next, although German planes are generally better to build in my opinion. I have an airbrush and their liveries look a lot nicer than just bare metal aluminum or olive-drab. Also planning on putting together a Nieuport 28, WWI French biplane. Bit of history, the highest scoring American ace Eddie Rickenbacker in WWI flew it and so did TR's son Quentin Roosevelt. Also all of TR's sons except Quentin who was killed in WWI served in both world wars.
>>
File: decidueye.png (98KB, 196x195px) Image search: [Google]
decidueye.png
98KB, 196x195px
>going on long walks
maybe
>3D art
probably
>fine art
probably
>speaking japanese for 15 years
most likely
>>
>>38670610
Extreme cold weather gear is for arctic circle, antarctic continent type of stuff. The only time id wear mickey boots is in the most adverse of conditions, theyre rated to -20 but again, arctic winters like -35 and lower would be about where extreme cold weather gear starts to shine. Again, think of John Carpenter's The Thing, Arctic Circle and Antartic expiditions require ECW gear.
>>
>>38669162
>What strange / unconventional hobbies do you have?
Looking on it, all my hobbies are fucking boring. Anything cool I get interested in I only approach at entry level.
>>
>>38669289
Are you the autistic Kevin truckerfag or a different one?
>>
>>38669553
Serious? Table top games has tons of female fans. Honestly, I think you would find more with this than you would video games.
>>
File: dream dresses.jpg (1MB, 2388x1900px) Image search: [Google]
dream dresses.jpg
1MB, 2388x1900px
>tabletop gaming
>origami
>lolita fashion
Big old nope
>>
>reading custom licence plates
nope
>watching anime
nope
>comic books
haha, no
>4chan
You all know how this works out
>>
>>38674550
>>reading custom licence plates
Is that a hobby?

>anime
>comic books
>popular internet website
>strange / unconventional hobby
Anon please
>>
>>38674591
I count it as a hobby. Because I don't have any real hobbies. I quite enjoy it actually. I'm going to try and become a drawfag soon, if that counts.
>>
>>38674668
No, anon, drawing doesn't count as a strange or unconventional hobby but good luck anyway
>>
>>38674668
>only reading them
>writing them down
>not transfering them to your PC later to see if you get the same car more than once

Pathetic.
>>
building scale models of places i have been to?
painting miniatures
dota 2
hunting
>>
really into /k/ things. Gearqueer etc. 99.999% of people think its just weird but one girl did let me dress her up in some of my gear and take pictures.
>>
>programming
I wish.
>3D modeling and animation
Probably, until they realize how boring fucking around in Blender is
>linguistics and phonetics
n o p e
>graphics design and vector art
Maybe.

Wow, there's really nothing interesting there from a social point of view.
>>
>speedcubing

people are usually pretty impressed by it the first time but it doesn't really last
>>
File: U2-face.jpg (101KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
U2-face.jpg
101KB, 1024x1024px
>3d printing/modeling
>electronics
>bird keeping
>fishing
>tabletop
>candle making
As you can imagine I get supreme vagina on the regular
>>
>woodworking
>trash-tier drawing
>vidya
>out stuff
If I had a dollar for every time I've smashed, I'd be dead from hunger
>>
If the thot in the OP is a falconer, why does she dress like a typical roastie cumdumpster? It's the most cultured hobby.
>>
>>38676082
how fast are you?
t. nationals bld top 5
>>
>>38672404
BBE, that's a golden eagle.
>>
>fashion
>literature
>film
It really doesn't matter what hobby you have as long as you can talk about it in an interesting way, a lot of people like listening to people talk about things they enjoy you fucking nerds
>>
>playing lots of different musical instruments
some girls are interested in guitar or piano, but not enough to act on
>vidya
no
>streaming
had a fem orbiter or two, but they never stick around
>TCG
lol no
>board/card games
the only card game girls like is CAH
>book collection
most of my books are either about vidya history or programming tutorials
>ju-jitsu
haven't practiced for years, so no
>drinking heavily
very occasionally, but drinking doesn't magically grant you social skills, so not really

Generally not a lot of interest here, despite having some relatively normie hobbies.
>>
File: 1471998159885.png (360KB, 637x433px) Image search: [Google]
1471998159885.png
360KB, 637x433px
>piano
never impressed anyone, but I suppose it could
>art (i sell art online so not really a hobby, it helps ontop of neetbux, but still)
same deal
>particular interest in 18th century warfare and weaponry
nooope
>my bug collection
it's actually done quite the opposite, it has made girls ghost me
>>
>>38676615
what kind of art do you sell?
>>
>>38677264
honestly it mostly ends up being some animu shit or some character art from their MMO character or some horse shit. A fair amount of FFXIV characters, actually, thinking about it.
I just take commissions and do whatever cus I'm a poor neet and will take any money
only done 1 furry commission, never ever again
>>
>>38677328
thats pretty sweet actually, sounds neat
>>
File: 1487715563016.jpg (32KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
1487715563016.jpg
32KB, 500x359px
>>38677414
it isn't without it's downsides
some times people try fuck you over with paying, have ridiculous wants, talking to idiots, etc etc.
but it's alright, I live comfortably I suppose, and I always wanted to make a living off art so i guess I'm living the life I want
>>
>lucid dreaming
It's more of a solo endeavor so I doubt it

>cello
I'm fairly new but I doubt it not a chad instrument

>German language
Doubt it maybe euro girls would care but still probably be indifferent at best
>>
>>38672270
>>obsession with Existentialism
Baby philosophy.
>>
>vydia
No unless she's a gamer
>anime
Absolutely no
>used to play piano
This could work... If only I keep doing it
>programming
>watching random videos on YouTube
>listening to eurobeat and synthwave

Well, being alone can be good too, I guess :^)
>>
File: 1500259444956.jpg (188KB, 667x782px) Image search: [Google]
1500259444956.jpg
188KB, 667x782px
>>38669916
But that isn't a condor. It's a golden eagle.
>>
>underwater basketweaving
gets chicks WET
>>
>gunspinning
no

>my pumpkin garden
Its a concrete pad now

>weaving
My grandmother was kind enough to let me use her loom and teach me

>militaria
I keep my floor covered in rags to soak up all the jizz when they see my M38 luftchutz helmet built on contract by the Bulgarian army for their anti air gunners. I walk into town with my east german uniform and kit on and I get 10-15 bitches within the hour.

>snorkel/scuba
I think I saw a lady once who wasn't wearing or lost her swimming suit top, other than that the barracudas and sea turtles i've seen have taken more interest in me than women

>coloring maps and doodling to imagine fake timelines of countries, like the soviet union taking over poland in the early 1920's or something like warhammer 40k
obvious

even conventional things like guitar or the outdoors don't help me with women.
>>
>>38677557
Oh I also nuzlocke rom hacks which is how I get teh ladies
>>
>>38669371
>>38669526
Why does everyone keep bringing up British television with cute girls?
>>
>>38676268
Birds are cool as fuck. I have a sun conure and a cockatiel
>>
>>38678618
Treat them well anon, birds are unpredictably fragile
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.