[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robot sports

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3737.jpg (2MB, 3600x1792px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3737.jpg
2MB, 3600x1792px
Did any fellow robots play sports growing up? If so which ones?
I played American football and rugby, I loved them but had a few concussions and now my knees are fucked up. They crack and pop from the slightest movement.
But I'd definitely do it over again given the opportunity
So robot, what's your sports history?
>>
>>38650997
>robots
>sports
kys normalcunt
>>
>>38650997
I played tennis for a little bit, but I was never good at it. Luckily even a weak skeleton like me can play since I have long arms, but I never practiced enough to be any good at it.
>>
>>38651060
>not playing sports as a kid

You are literally the robot of robots.
>>
>>38650997
i didnt join any sports
or any clubs
or go to any dances
or events
or parties
or prom
or grad night
>>
>>38650997
Played soccer in high school but quit because I was only mediocre and the team was too chaddy for me. Did okay at track. Now play ultimate frisbee at college. It's the only non intramural sport I can still be somewhat competitive in but it's kinda fun and passes time.
>>
>>38650997
I've always wanted to watch Slut Woman Super Handegg Game but apparently its only on premium cable.
>>
File: 1476748352002.png (226KB, 717x441px) Image search: [Google]
1476748352002.png
226KB, 717x441px
my mom made me do sports, but my dad was too much of a helicopter parent to let me do anything really contact. Mom forced me to go for track in middle school even though I hated running and wasn't any good at it (asthma) but I got out of it once another dude on the team choked me out in the locker room for no reason. He went on to be an MMA fighter and then died drunk driving. Then in high school I did tennis for a summer which I kinda miss, and played soccer, which wasn't bad but I had pretty much the same experience as >>38651139 plus a couple of intentional balls to the head.
>mfw our one Indian kid got kicked off the team for calling our one black kid a nigger while screaming him out during practice.
>>
>>38650997
I did fencing for six years through middle and high school. It was actually really nice having something to do that was not attached to my pathetic academic career and otherwise terrible school life. I quit after seeing zero competitive success after that long however, I wonder if it was me being physically very weak or just stupid that held me back.
>>
>>38651060
you're not a robot if your parents didn't force you to do sports, you were the worst player on the team, and had to deal with the coaches half-heartedly encouraging you to do better and your teammates resenting you for existing.
>>
>>38651845
Stop reminding me of my childhood. In baseball I was forced to be a left fielder, and this was tee-ball so no one ever hit the ball that far. I'd just stand there staring at the grass. I was also forced to play soccer which I was also terrible at but I've blocked those memories out of my mind.
>>
there's an alternate universe where i play professional baseball

>be me
>parents make me do little league
>okay at it
>finally get to kid pitch
>tallest kid so they have me pitch
>autistically mimic pitchers i see on TV (my favorite: bob wickman, a man mostly remembered for being incredibly fat)
>not very good but i repeat the actions enough that i begin to get a sense for how a ball spins, how to get it to end up where i want it, etc
>high school
>try out for the team
>get on but play infrequently
>summer before junior year
>massive growth spurt
>turn into a 6'3" lanklet seemingly overnight
>begin next season
>suddenly realize i throw much faster
>coaches basically shit themselves
>convince me to sign up for "travel ball"
>basically organized groups of vaguely talented kids who play in tournaments where scouts watch you
>do this the summer before my senior year
>coaches generally impressed with my velocity
>nobody seems to say anything about my mechanics but ok
>basically just coasting on athletic ability, pretty easy to K if they aren't expecting heat
>senior year starts
>college scouts sometimes show up to these games
>game 2 of the season
>my pitching elbow explodes
>get a fucking expensive surgery
>never pitch again
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.