[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do roasties gain 50-100+ pounds while pregnant when babies

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: gaston-625x350.jpg (30KB, 625x350px) Image search: [Google]
gaston-625x350.jpg
30KB, 625x350px
Why do roasties gain 50-100+ pounds while pregnant when babies only weigh like 8 pounds
>>
Are you retarded?
This is an original question, I'm curious.
>>
>>38650360
Well first off, most of the weight isn't the baby. There is the liquid within the womb that the baby floats around in, and the extra flesh produced around the stomach area, both of which acount for most of the weight gained. Pregnant women are also more prone to gaining weight, an evolutionary insurance policy most likely.
>>
1st of all, they gain 25-30 max pounds of baby fat
2nd, because their range of motion is limited and they are constantly tired, women tend to be more recluse and not as active, meaning their consumed carbohydrates will be converted to fat
3rd, because making a fucking human takes a lot of energy, they tend to eat a lot, which leads to point two.
>>38650736
>legitimate question
Are you actually stupid, OP?
>>
>>38650831
>http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/healthy-weight-gain
>http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy-health/pregnancy-weight-gain/
Sources
>>
File: 1493600394865.jpg (628KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1493600394865.jpg
628KB, 1440x2560px
OP the better question is why does the baby become a perpetual excuse to never lose weight after the fact.
>>
>>38650360
i've been wondering about this for the longest time too OP. I mean I understand that the baby needs food and all but it doesn't need that much. Suppose a non-pregnant woman consumes 2000 calories. if she becomes pregnant she is not "eating for two" thats bullshit she's eating for around 1.25 max. a baby cannot consume 2000 calories. the woman even though she is eating more food will gain weight at a lesser pace because the baby is also using energy. continue that over the course of 9 months and it should come out to no more than 40 pounds. The mother isn't actually going to be eating .25 times more than normal for the first couple of months it will be less. and if you take into account the baby's energy it shaves of a couple more pounds.

So i guess to answer your question roasties that gain 50-100 pounds fell for the eating for two meme.

>>38650872
>why does the baby become a perpetual excuse to never lose weight after the fact.
because after pregnancy they continue the same eating habits. or resort to eating junkfood since they have less time to cook.
>>
>>38651087
>fell for the eating for two meme
This is legitimately it.

http://www.baka.com.au/lifestyle/health-and-wellbeing/nutrition/the-big-problem-facing-half-of-all-pregnant-women-20170607-gwmwuz.html

People aren't educated as to what the healthy weight-range is for pregnant women, so when they get pregnant they fall for the "medical myth" that they can indulge without consequence, which generally leads to being obese or overweight for the rest of their lives
>>
>>38651212
'baka' should be S M H without the spaces
>>
>>38650872
Once, you have a baby, it fucks your life up. When my uncle had my cousin, he barely slept because the fucking thing would wake up all the time to feed. Simple things you normally had free time to do like the gym or hiking become distant possibilities that you have to plan for.
>>
>>38651269
>When my uncle had my cousin
dont you mean your aunt?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.