[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

henlo robotos As of today I finally purchased a home of my own.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: ISq5x6ggkkcu7k0000000000.jpg (222KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ISq5x6ggkkcu7k0000000000.jpg
222KB, 1024x768px
henlo robotos

As of today I finally purchased a home of my own. I live in SoCal and managed to knab a steal of a house in a nice little secluded area in a national forest. I'm giddy with excitement because I'm finally going to be able to truly separate myself from the world and just live in my cabin and go on nature walks and go fishing all the time and basically only have to deal with normans when I go grocery shopping.

The best version of the NEET life awaits and I can hardly contain myself.

Question is, how deep into this should I go? I can probably establish complete financial independence within a couple of years, but I dunno if complete disengagement from the world is a good idea.

Pic related, it's my Hobbit hole.
>>
Alternatively, who wants to actually live out that /r9k/ house meme?
>>
No one wants to live with me and LARP being beta hobbits? Sadness.
>>
>>38633663
I would if I was in fatty land.
>>
>>38633884
California is practically not in burgerstan anymore. Just ask /pol/.
>>
That's fucking awesome dude, I've wanted to do something like this for a long time.

Complete disengagement might be a bad idea for your sanity's sake, just go to markets or pubs and talk to a few people every so often, you might meet people who can help you with your property too. That would be my plan anyway.
>>
>>38633480
dafuq? is that in topanga canyon?
>>
>>38633927
Fortunately my dad is an ex construction contractor, so we've got the house maintenance/modification thing on lock. Going to make this into a palace for cheap.

One thing I was thinking of to keep up contact with the outside world is that there's a little general store just down the road that's been closed down for a few years evidently. A buddy I know happens to know the owner and evidently she lost the business because she killed someone in a DUI.

So my thinking was that I could open a convenience/small time grocery store there to serve the local community, since the nearest grocery stores are like thirty minutes away. That way I could make a little money on the side and get to know people in the area. Seems comfy as shit to me but maybe I'm idealizing.
>>
>>38633480
This is a photo of your actual place? How far away are you from LA?
>>
i dont want to piss on your chips anon.
but do you have any idea of the kind of upkeep and maintenance a property like that requires?
>>
>>38633941
Nah, Santa Ynez Valley, just east of Lake Cachuma.
>>
>>38633969
Yup. LA's about three hours away. Santa Barbara is only about fifteen minutes though.

>>38633972
Yes, but it's not as much as you'd probably think. My whole family is either in construction or are landlords and I grew up in that business. Really, the biggest threat is fires, but that's what insurance is for.
>>
>>38633480
get a security system. You never know when you might be visited by some friends from Oakland, and living out there all alone means you can't rely on the cops.
>>
>>38634004
Oakland is like a full day's drive away, I'm nowhere near a high-crime area. Santa Barbara county is wealthy and white as fuck.
>>
>>38634001
So are you hoping to actually just live by yourself or is this going to be an /r9k/ mansion project IRL? I live in SoCal to so I'd be down to build a normie-free commune.
>>
>>38633663
i would. i so sit on the toilet for like 4 hours at a time and push little toilet paler wads up my ass. as long as u dont mind ordering 50 rolls at a time of single ply and you have more than 1 bathroom im down.
>>
>>38634040
I dunno, I'm just exploring options. It's technically a 2 bedroom, but there's a corner room that could easily be a 3rd bedroom/dayroom.

More pics, this is the living room.
>>
>>38634055
It's on well water, that would be a very bad idea.
>>
>>38634057
Well, if you are serious about the mansion thing, and from what I'm looking at it definitely is spacious enough, do you have an e-mail or something to contact you? I live in LA, just graduated and am also looking to have an escape from not just the city but the people in it.
SoCal is a wonderful place but inhabited by just some of the biggest normies around.
>>
>>38634057
FUUUUUUUUUCK that looks nice
>>
>>38633965
Sounds like a really good idea to me. You'd get to know everyone, if you're not a dick everyone will like you and you'd become a pillar of the community. Plus it helps out with the becoming financially independent bit too. Depends how much time you have to spare from maintaining your property though. I assume you're gonna be growing your own vegetables and stuff?
>>
>>38634057
How much was it?

Looks very nice
>>
>>38634109
Give me a sec and I'll make an alternate e-mail. I'll want to get to know someone pretty well before I sign on to having them live with me because I can be pretty particular.

What's your degree and do you have a car?
>>
>>38633984
nice. love the climate up in that area compared to farther south.
>>
>>38633480
congratulations op! that place looks hecka comfy
>>
>>38634142
No problem, and that's smart. Tbqh I have my own place here in LA, so I'd most likely be just dropping in every now and then for shorter stays. I'm a double major in English and Film, unfortunately, but am going to grad school for something in business or law next year. I have my own car.
>>
>>38634118
I really, really want to, would probably need to build a greenhouse due to wildlife in the area. But I have to check the park regs to make sure that's even allowed, not really sure about it. Better than having an HOA over you but they have some particular rules about things, particularly modifications.

>>38634132
You wouldn't believe me if I told you.
>>
>>38634188
>You wouldn't believe me if I told you.
Ridiculously high or low?
>>
>>38634186
Good, car will be necessary as it's some ways out from proper civilization.

[email protected]
>>
>>38634201
Insanely, insanely low. The fact that it's in a firezone and on park land evidently drove people away. Oh well, my gain and their loss.
>>
>>38633480
that sounds amazing, i'd love to do something like that here in england. somewhere in the lake district would be perfect
i wish you luck in your endeavours mate. wish i could join you t.b.h
>>
>>38634186
Oh, worth mentioning, there's a pretty decent degree-mill law school in Santa Barbara that's cheap as fuck from what I understand.
>>
>>38633480
FUCK. Why did I have to be in the east coast. I'd move there in a heartbeat
>>
More pictures. Super comfy wood stove in the master bedroom.
>>
Dope ass patio. Notice the permanent stone-structure grill on the right. The river is like 100 yards away and I totally plan to fish in it and grill out every possible chance I get.
>>
Shit, forgot the original picture.
>>
>>38634381
OP here. East coast sucks man, I used to live in Brooklyn a long time ago and I think it's a major source of my social anxiety. Get out ASAP, the whole Eastern Seaboard is turning into Europe 2.0
>>
>>38633480
Just know, OP: I'm 100% jealous and you'll be living the dream for me and I'm sure many robots. Hope it's as comfy as I've always imagined it. Good luck!
>>
Last picture. The cozy-ass kitchen. I may update the countertops but the knotted wood cabinetry I find highly comfy.
>>
>>38634473
Is all that stuff yours? Or did it come with the house
>>
>>38634362
Nice, also sent you an email. These pics are great btw.
>>
>>38634224
it's in a firezone

Forest or Russians?
>>
>>38634499
Nah, the owners are in the process of moving their stuff out, so I'll be redecorating when I move in. Which is good, I don't really share their taste in furniture. It's all a little too hippy for me. I like dark earthtones and stuff.

Tbh I'm really looking forward to the redecorating part. I'm kinda gay for furniture shopping.
>>
>>38633480
>national forest in socal

Enjoy evacuating every Fall for fire season.
>>
>>38634553
Forest. Hence all them trees in the pictures. There was literally just a huge wildfire in the area up here but it was contained about six miles from the house.
>>
>>38634567
I already live in Santa Barbara, it's nothing new to me. Plus there's fire-fighting infrastructure on-site.
>>
How did you buy this? What is your job? I'm presuming you have one and are going to continue working after moving in, since you will need money to survive. So why are you talking about the NEET life?
>>
>>38634585
I have a bunch of mineral interests in Texas and some rent homes in a college town in Oklahoma. Plus I manage my own investment finances.

I don't work, and have no intention of working any time soon.
>>
>>38634602
Doesn't managing those three things you listed count as work? How much time per week do you spend on them?
>>
>>38634623
Sort of, that's why I don't consider myself truly financially independent yet. But if I can keep this up for a few more years I can just stash my money in a bunch of index funds and never think about it again.

The mineral interests are handled by the production company though, I just get a check. And the houses are handled by a property management company, only time I have to think about them is if someone needs to be evicted and I just gotta sign paperwork.

As for managing investments, I spend 3-4 hours a day on it, give or take. Most of that is honestly just reading news though.
>>
>>38633480
I think guns weren't allowed in CA, but you should really get something for self-defense anon. A sword or an axe or some shit. You'll never know when and why you might need one.

Also grats, it looks comfy.
>how much $?
>>
>>38634661
They are there's just restrictions. I already own a pistol and an assault rifle. I also plan on stocking up on bearspray to chase off the more dangerous wildlife.

I'll just say this, it was under $500k.
>>
>>38634697
Good for you. Also not murrican so don't really know housing prices that well but that decent sized looking house for less than 500k sounds good.

Are there any hobbies or things that you'll do now that you live there? You said hiking right, anything else?
>>
>>38634735
Especially in this area that price is super low. It's hard to find a house for less than a million, no joke.

Hiking for sure. There's a river really close so I'm going to pick fishing back up (haven't gotten to do it in years). Maybe hunting but that depends on the park regs. Fuck I dunno, whatever I feel like.
>>
Alright guys. I'm off to sleep. Will post again in a few days when I start the moving process. Maybe I'll take furniture suggestions from robots.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.