[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is depression just a meme? Are you depressed? How does your family

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0220.jpg (12KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0220.jpg
12KB, 125x125px
Is depression just a meme? Are you depressed? How does your family treat your mental illness?

> my parents are disappointed

>think I'm a lazy loser

> don't know why I can't just get up and make a change.
>>
stop being a whiny faggot and man the fuck up, 'depression' is a made up illness that describes teen angst
>>
Bumping original
This is an original post
>>
>>38616782
You forgot to say that it was made up by jews
>>
>my family is grossly negligent
>supported myself for 8 years now
>bipolar
>managed to not get killed or arrested too many times before I got on the right meds
>did manage homelessness, becoming an alcoholic, ruining my health, wrecking my finances, destroying every good relationship in my life, dropping out of college, and so on
>fast forward to getting shit treated through years of therapy and the right medication
>have a good job, live in a nice house, have a loving gf, fixed almost everything I fucked, life back on track through sheer force of will
>even with so much good in my life I still get tfw nothing is immediately wrong and my mind fucking searches for shit to be upset about, especially if it will make me feel worse about myself
>still have days or weeks where I'll miss stupid amounts of work because I can't get out of bed or would rather risk getting fired than spend even one minute fully aware of how fucked everything feels

"Depression" where stacies and chads get a little upset and get over themselves the next day is a meme. Depression because of life circumstances is mostly a meme. Depression from something being physically or mentally wrong with you is legit, but almost everyone seems to use it as an excuse to never try to get better
>>
>>38617234
Good story anon pretty inspirational

I just feel like I'm in a loop of doing the same shit all the time and I can't escape it I feel stuck. I also HATE HATE HATE change it fucking terrifies me but being stuck doing the same shit wageslaving having no friends makes me want to kms

It's like a part of me likes feeling this way it's like I treat myself like shit by eating bad and doing drugs as a form of self harm.
>>
>>38617402
Also I totally isolate myself
>>
>>38617179
To push their big pharma pills that only make you dependent on them and even more foggy, thereby allowing you to be easily manipulated
>>
>>38617402
My dude I know those feels so hard. If you genuinely want to feel better, you'll start changing little things to feel better. Eat better, sleep better, better hygiene, talking to people, easing up on the drugs. Change is painful but it can be good.
>>
>>38616722
>stop being so lazy anon, get out of bed
>sorry mom I'm just really tired today
>tired of what? You didn't do anything today
Tired of living

I think that's the major problem. When people are even meme depressed, they don't see a meaning to anything, life is pointless so why bother. Meme depression gets even worse when life you've been dealt a shit hand and are thousands of miles behind the average person.

I just want to be productive again and at least tolerate life
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.