[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you forget a bad memory? I want it out of my head

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 1500984578346.png (136KB, 363x296px) Image search: [Google]
1500984578346.png
136KB, 363x296px
How do you forget a bad memory? I want it out of my head
>>
File: 1500922695055s.jpg (7KB, 219x250px) Image search: [Google]
1500922695055s.jpg
7KB, 219x250px
>>38615445
You don't that's the best part of it.
>>
ez
kill yourself
>>
>>38615445
pre occupy yourself and drink
>>
sex drugs and rocknroll :D
>>
File: CjWnJEiUgAAu5Fz.jpg (19KB, 337x368px) Image search: [Google]
CjWnJEiUgAAu5Fz.jpg
19KB, 337x368px
>>38615445
All you can do is grow from it.
It's always going to be a part of you, but what you do because of it is the only thing that'll make it feel less awful.
>>
>>38615445
Sometimes things are traumatic to a point where they stay with you forever. It's not about forgetting, its about accepting, understanding, learning, and letting go.
>>
>>38615445
time heals everything my brother.
>>
stop 'trying' to forget the bad memory and in a few years it will be gone. just don't think about it.
>>
huff gasonline unironically
>>
>>38615445
Stop thinking about it. When your mind wanders back to that memory, immediately move onto some other thought. Keep it up until the neurons that store that memory become frail and die off.
>>
>>38615868
some people say you need to accept it and let it go others say you need to ignore it, well which is it anon?
>>
File: 1488065958981.jpg (84KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1488065958981.jpg
84KB, 960x960px
>>38615954
You have to accept it, if you try to ignore you'll remember that you have to ignore it.
>>
>>38615718
>>38615811
Theses are the only valid options, anything else just makes you feel worse about the memory over time.
>>
>>38616037
what about dealing with guilt?
>>
>>38616264
The first option is exactly how you can healthily deal with it. If your guilt has something to do with another person, you can try apologizing to them and tell them that you learned from the past and won't do whatever you did again.
>>
>>38615445
Don't let them in, don't let them see
Be the good girl you always have to be
Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know
Well, now they know!

Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door!

I don't care
What they're going to say
Let the storm rage on,
The cold never bothered me anyway!
>>
Fap to it and it'll get better
>>
>>38616452
what if apologizing isn't really an option? Do I talk to someone else about it? I feel like I just need to get it off my chest and have a convo with someone
>>
>>38615445
Therapy helps, but if you're not bothered/ don't have enough money, try weed. My friend smokes it for his PTSD and it seems to help to a point.
>>
>>38616617
Yeah. I screwed up things with someone pretty badly before and I felt like I couldn't face them. Shitposted about it on here for a while before working up the courage to talk about it to my sister (closer to her than my parents desu). After that I felt comfortable enough to talk to the person I had wronged in the first place and we've actually smoothed things over.

But if the person you feel guilty about is dead, or otherwise uncontactable, you have to learn to forgive yourself. It's not easy, but talking to other people about it can help.
>>
>>38616693
Been thinking about that, don't really know anyone to talk about it with though, maybe i'll have to search for some people on here to talk to, they can talk about their problems with me as well
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.