[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to be /christian/ again. I originally go to church but

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: emoji750.jpg (9KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
emoji750.jpg
9KB, 160x160px
I want to be /christian/ again. I originally go to church but I stopped because I became a self-loathing fuck. My problem is that I can't keep up with my fellow church-mates because I cringe every time they talk enthusiastically/optimistically.

pic not related
>>
Try going to a more serious church like an Orthodox one. Also, don't be afraid to be optimistic.
>>
>>38588751
Everything comes from God. If you're cringing at their words, you should inspect them for hypocrisy and call them out.
If anyone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar.
>>
File: 590.jpg (27KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
590.jpg
27KB, 640x640px
>>38588751
>falling for that jewish desert-cuck organization that is called the christian church.
>>
>>38589862
Are you somehow implying that God is not real, Jesus Christ was not his son, and the Holy Spirit does not reside within the temple of the human body?
Or are you just a heavily conservative person doing some ironic shitposting?
>>
>>38589899
"God" is real, Jesus was a man, and the Holy Spirit is something else.
>mfw God didn't exist as an idea for millennia all around the world
>mfw we're all supposed to believe in (((him))) for some reason
>>
>>38588751
>I became a self-loathing fuck.

It's hard to avoid because self-loathing is a central part of christian teaching. 'You're a worthless sinner', your righteousness is as dirty rags', etc.

If you're susceptible to self-hatred and depression and similar mental health issues, I think you'd probably be better off without christianity.
>>
>>38589899
If by (((god))) you mean what I think you mean then no. Your god is 100% not real. Jesus probably lived but didn't possess magic abilities. I don't get why there's a difference between (((god))) and the (((holy))) spirit. So he is obviously not real too.
>>
>>38589980
>If by (((god))) you mean what I think you mean then no. Your god is 100% not real.
I believe in a 10-dimensional fractal universe that is built with information. I can almost guarantee that we do not think similarly.
>>38589933
When you've become old enough to see the consequences of even the smallest actions from years ago, you'll realize that there's nothing wrong with reading some old advice from kings and actually using your brain.
>>
>>38590032
>I believe in a 10-dimensional fractal universe that is built with information
So you'Re NOT a Christian then.

>I can almost guarantee that we do not think similarly.
I fucking hope so.
>>
>>38590061
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, etc.
Calm your titties, brother.
>>
>>38590032
>When you've become old enough to see the consequences of even the smallest actions from years ago, you'll realize that there's nothing wrong with reading some old advice from kings and actually using your brain
So predeterminism has to come from your one "god?" Couldn't "god" be a misnomer for predetermine? Just because something leads to another, doesn't mean someone is pulling the strings.
Also, why does "God" make people suffer? If it's for a "plan", why does he not just manifest the goal? And don't say he created people because he was "lonely." An all powerful entity shouldn't be lonely. This leads me to believe that if there is a god, he is a more malevolent entity.
>>
>>38590157
>So predeterminism has to come from your one "god?"
God is anti-predeterminism if you consider that miracles are things that aren't supposed to happen.
>Also, why does "God" make people suffer?
Because it's funny!
>>
>>38590184
Give me some "miracles", if you would. I haven't seen any in my life.
>>
>>38590032
>some old advice from kings
What, you mean stuff like how much you can beat your slaves, or exactly when to stone people to death, or exactly how not to boil a young goat, or when you should cut off a woman's hand, or ...
>>
>>38588751

Go to /pol/

They unironically helped me find Jesus.
>>
>>38590204
If you're here, even something small will do.
I think it would be a miracle if you cleaned up.
>>
>>38590312
>clean myself up
>God gets the credit
that's a little messed up I think
>>
>>38590326
>that's a little messed up
Well, so are you. Get cleaning.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.