[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your favorite era of the Internet, robots? http://

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1471129381029s.jpg (6KB, 187x250px) Image search: [Google]
1471129381029s.jpg
6KB, 187x250px
What was your favorite era of the Internet, robots?

http://www.strawpoll.me/13474362/

>1983-1994: Primitive Internet
>1995-2000: Dot-Com Bubble Era
>2001-2006: Classic Era, aka Flash Games Era
>2007-2013: Independent Media Era
>2014-present: Hashtag "Post-Ironic" Era
>>
Everything before web 2.0 with the fucking social media integration on every damn site.
>>
>1995-2000: Dot-Com Bubble Era

No social media, everything was new and exciting. The beginning of ebay, AOL...

Now? youtube, which I need, and social media, which I despise cancel each other out, making the current era a wash. Twitter can suck a diseased donkey dick pulled out of a homeless cunt. Social media hashtag will be the death of us, as we saw earlier today with that beanstagrammer.
>>
>>38586068
the internet was coolest during 2001 - 2006, it was the true wild west where you could do anything
it was fun during 2007 - 2013 with more creators getting involved and more unique content

the problem now is that the frontier is closing up, everything is becoming commercialized, so many things are just copies of other things, much less originality out there, plus on most major sites IE youtube you can't post just anything, there are more and more rules all a result of the corporatization

there still are free spaces but they are closing up and I fear in the next few years they will be almost entirely gone
>>
>>38586068
Didn't get to experience it very much until 2006 because parents were poor (I'm not American, so I don't consider myself a part of the "Internet was a secret club until 2007" meme. In fact, my country is very internet-savvy, and my family was one of the last in my area to get internet). Don't have a fav era.
>>
>>38586068
reppin' that independent media era, 2009-2011
as it stands the current era is a blend of a lot of really good shit and a lot of just shit.
>>
>>38586068
Besides the democratization of content, the myopic and often cruel opinion that floats around like William Borroughs' The Word and the way the monitor just stifles creativity like lead pipes what pisses me off is the way you can search ANYTHING and know to expect the exact same site for 10 pages and it's always always a hideously overly-technical delineation of some simple thing.
>>
>>38586068
Probably 97-98 that's the first time I went online via dial up I've had broadband since 03 never looked back
>>
Early 00s internet was a ride man. Miniclips and Newgrounds was my shit. I miss playing flashgames as a kiddo lads.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.