[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>psychologist suggests I play guitar on the street to get

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: wojak-cries.jpg (10KB, 231x250px) Image search: [Google]
wojak-cries.jpg
10KB, 231x250px
>psychologist suggests I play guitar on the street to get over my anxiety
>play Nick Drake songs and some drunk college girls laugh at me once they see who's playing them
>Chad gives me a thumbs up then laughs with his friend
>>
>>38571502
murder that psychologist
and then yourself for listening to him
>>
Ahahaha, that's gotta be one of the worst things to tell an anxiety patient.
>>
File: 1491527232821.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1491527232821.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
>>38571502
>ever listening to a psychologist
>>
>>38571523
wtf why dude no
>>
>>38571546
Well who the fuck am I supposed to listen to? I need a life coach.

Fuck why couldn't I have been born in Roman times where philosophers roamed the streets and picked up random cunts as their students.
>>
>>38571502
>has anxiety
>plays guitar in public
i don't have anxiety but no fucking way i'd ever do that
>>
>>38571608
It took so much courage man, I feel drained and like a loser at the moment.
>>
>>38571502
You should learn that everything you do as a unattractive beta is ridiculous. Your existence is ridiculous to normies. Everything you do is a pathetic attempt at being accepted by them in their eyes
If you dont have any means by which you can improve your looks (surgery, products) I might suggest head diving in the black pill. And even if you did this i would be skeptical you could make it since your psyche was fucked from the start and normal people have a monstrously accurate sixth sense for the socially inept
Life was just unfair and unlucky for you, anon, dont punish yourself. Go be happy by yourself
>>
>>38571502
Don't listen to those other robots. You did good anon. Also your psychologist gave you a good advice. Can you go into more detail? Is it possible they were just drunk and were laughing more generally, you sure they were mocking you? what do you look like?
>>
So they laughed, so what? You're still alive, no? It really shouldnt be that big a deal
>>
>>38571704
who the hell doesn't mock street artists
>>
>>38571502

These other robots shitting on you are dumb asses who only want you stay indulged in self-pity like they all do. You did great anon, not a lot of people have the balls to do it but you did. You have great taste btw, Nick Drake is great and if I heard you playing something from Pink Moon I would have gave you my compliments.
>>
>>38571682
It wasn't always like this. I had a decent social life in highschool and my best friend was a hyper Chad who played vidya with me. How unattractive are we talking anyways? Here at college I meet many dudes worse off then me yet they still smile like retards all day. Sometimes I wish I could be them t b h

>>38571704
I'm 6'1, narrow shoulders wide hips and have kind of a gut but no muscle. Also chinlet and my nose veers slightly to the right.
>>
>>38571744
Now you're just baiting. Go on facebook, every second post is a video of some faggot blowing dubstep into a saxophone while dancing like a dead chicken. Normies love that. Also I have mad respects for anybody who plays on the street.
>>
>>38571810
not a self starter are we?
>>
>>38571811
might be different in other places, but i only ever see bums playing music on the street
>>
>>38571810
Oh, so i guess you just became too self aware/anxious with your social behavior then. I thought you were some very ugly subpar roboto like most of the posters here. Keep on the treatment then, bruh. I think those normies just wanted to fool with your face since you looked shy/nervous. There's probably nothing wrong with you
>>
>more detail

Well here's how it went basically
>Saturday night 2am
>roommate wanted to bring a girl over so I decided to go out and try the doctors advice
>sit on a bench and start playing
>some dudes around the corner were smoking came around looked at me for like 10 minutes
>tried not to care and eventually they left
>girl and her bf passes me by and the bf says "you LIKE that?"
>group of asians in an argument walk by and suddenly are dead silent as they pass
>some girls walk by staring at their phones
>more Chads more stacys
>one black guy goes WOOOOOOOOOO and everyone laughs
>leave at 3am
>>
>>38571905
sounds pretty good to be honest.
>>
So far I've had one gig this year, made $5600.
>>
>>38571546
Tom York is a qt
>>
File: Screenshot (13).png (1MB, 1440x862px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (13).png
1MB, 1440x862px
>>38571502
don't listen to the haters in this thread, you did really well anon. there are people who don't even make it to this step

exposure (intentionally practicing things that make you anxious) really works. but after you go out and do the thing, you have to try to reflect on it differently from how you normally do.

try to have an open mind, and think back. from what you said, it doesn't sound like anything actually bad happened to you. ask yourself, "was what happened actually that bad? were there actually negative consequences on my life other than my emotional reaction? was my emotional reaction proportional to what happened, or was it too much?" after really thinking it through, you go out and do it again, and then reflect on it like this again. if you keep doing this, your anxiety about it *will* decrease, it will happen faster than you may think

I used to busk all the time, and that's just how a lot of people treat street performers, you don't get a lot of positive attention. I've seen even really good performers get treated that way, it happens to everyone

remind yourself that dwelling on negative thoughts doesn't help. keep fighting, friend :)
>>
>>38572069
You're right but it just sucks that my brain acts this way. idk what went wrong besides never having a gf
>>
>>38571905
Seeing it better, I just think you got some pretty shit songs to play. I don't know the singer you mentioned but it seems pretty sub par for even normies to reject it. Go with something more well known and that everybody likes like the Beatles or some shit
>>
>>38571502
Dude do you seriously listen to a shrink? They are all mentally ill.
When I was 15 I was constantly sent to the school shrink because they thought I had some kind of mental illness, she diagnosed me with sociopathy (just layman term for NPD I guess) and way later throughout the years, when I was about 17 she gave me zoloft. They give you the worst advice because they're not even human
>>
File: aloe.jpg (115KB, 750x663px) Image search: [Google]
aloe.jpg
115KB, 750x663px
>>38571502
top rofl if this is true
>>
>>38571682
>>38571810
I almost never had problems talking to people really. But if they would suddenly start treating me like a beta I would think they are wrong and inferior.
And I would probably become Elliot 2.0
>>
>>38571502
Was this in New York?
>>
>>38572699
Boston, BU to be precise
>>
>>38572417
This.
People who made me click on the pictures which contain cars deserve to be impaled
>>
>>38572474
could you stick your dick in that?
>>
>>38572746
yeah you could stick your diku in that
>>
>>38571502
I was by myself reading on campus when two girls walked snickering and saying in a half-whispered voice, "good for him." This guy is right>>38571682
>>
>>38573994
I think you're being way to hard on yourself
>>
>>38571502
You're therapist is a normie giving normie advice. Get a better therapist.
>>
>>38571682
The truth has been spoken.

People suck. You're on your own in life. Do your own things and stop giving a fuck about what normaltrash think about you. They're not even worth your time anyways. They're a bunch of hypocritical scumbags. Mock them back when they decide to pick on you. Be the smarter one. Show them you don't need their privileged asses.
>>
>>38571502
Who cares? Go do it again and as >>38572069
said just react differently and adapt to this new emotional reaction
your lifr is your lifr and it is so short. allowing normies to shit on your small stay in this existence is jllogical
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.