[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here worked as a sales rep or salesman? I am going

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: ur hired.jpg (39KB, 465x576px) Image search: [Google]
ur hired.jpg
39KB, 465x576px
Has anyone here worked as a sales rep or salesman?

I am going to be hiring one soon and I have questions relating to how they are paid, their commission and their sales targets.
>>
bump for sales anons
>>
My dad does. He's an emotions on the sleeve kind of guy so he takes it hard when there's ups and downs in his job. It's a job that you can make money if you out the effort in.

Lot of socialization and smalltalk though. Not a robot job, you normalniggerfag.
>>
>>38563433
>>38563433
I'm the owner of my business and I will need to be hiring one soon as I can't do it alone and I am pretty medicore at it.

My background is in construction estimating which basically behind a screen pricing construction drawings for 10 hours a day.

If you might know the answers to these I'd appreciate them.

>What is his base pay and his commissions percentage on the profit of the sale?

>Does he have a car or is he reimbursed with fuel?

>What is his sales targets compared to his salary? For example, if he has a $60k base does he need to earn $120k profit for the company before he starts to receive commission?
>Does he have to find his own clients as well as close the deals? Or does his workplace give him the clients to close deals?

Pretty much I am unsure of what support I need to give my salesman and how it's best to pay him.

In my head I thought I would pay him a competitive basepay and once he hits his own cost of employment I start giving him a commission %.
>>
>>38563587
He sells software and its mostly skype with webdemos. They do reimburse travel and pay for phone.
60k salary plus 10% commission, he has lots of exp.

I don't want to give out too much info but the company participates in industry events and also get a decent amount of customer generated leads.

It really fluctuates but he can earn his salary for the company in a few months or less
>>
any salesmen on tonight?
>>
>>38563433
way to call your dad a pussy on the internet kiddo
>>
>>38563768
Thanks for the reply anon.
Much appreciated.
>>
>>38563785
If you're trying to bait that was a poor attempt.
>>
>>38563180
bump
this sounds interesting. i want more stories of robots/cyborgs selling stuff to normans
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.