[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's currently July, 2017. Every American has access to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: internet.jpg (36KB, 500x474px) Image search: [Google]
internet.jpg
36KB, 500x474px
It's currently July, 2017. Every American has access to the internet. Most can access it from their pocket. Everyone uses it. Your 8 year old plays Minecraft, your teenager uses snapchat and social media, you use 4chan, your mom uses Pinterest, your grandma tries to use Facebook. Hell, it would be weird if you didn't use the internet, and depending on your age, it's weird if you don't have an Instagram or snapchat account. Basically everyone uses the internet regularly, you're in the minority if you dont.
Now, let's go back a bit. It's July of 2000.
Unless for some reason you had to use a computer for work or school you probably didn't know too much about computers or use the internet often. If you used the internet often, you were "that guy". Maybe you played counter strike or doom. If you weren't into gaming you were probably a weeb, furry, emo, or computer geek, posting on forms with rejects like you.
My question is what changed? Why is the internet all of a sudden a big thing, why does everyone use it now?
>>
smartphones happened, anon.
>>
>>38559893
Rather than use it for the betterment of mankind it is being used in to replace regular social interaction. No longer do you have to make much effort to see what all your friends are doing. To meet women. To look for a job. When bored you may simply give in to the quick rush of watching vids, playing games, or whatever else it is you can do on your phone. The results of this will potentially change human society into an unrecognizable form.
>>
>>38559893
The colors on the screen produce a dopamine response in the brain, for one
>>
Easier to set up an internet connection. Just give out the wifi password and everyone knows what to do but the same would be more tedious with a 56k modem
>>
>>38559893
The love the Internet, 100s if years of wisdom and experience has allowed me to see through normies who would otherwise would fool me and has exposed my mind to great personal and philosophical growth. Although it's a lot to take at once. It red pilled me.
>>
>>38559893
>Why is the internet all of a sudden a big thing, why does everyone use it now?
>why does everyone use fire now
>why does everyone use a spear now
>why does everyone use a wheel now
>why does everyone use bronze, iron, gold, now
>why does everyone use a car now
>why does everyone use a phone now
>>
>>38560888
You didn't get mocked as a teen for using a car though
>>
>>38561047
depends on where you live, famalam
>>
>>38559893
People started selling shit through the internet.
>>
Facebook was the first big spike in internet usage. There were other networks before but FB was a new, more user-friendly one that was hella popular for some reason. Internet slowly becoming more popular and then BAM. Smartphones. The Internet is now 100% normie affair.
>>
>>38561173
There was MySpace. But that was for teenage edge loards and pedos was never used by adults like facebook
>>
>>38559893
The internet satisfies human desire for socialization without the work, commitment, and risk of going somewhere and engaging with other humans face to face. It appeals to every human on a fundamental level. It's only natural it would spread. As to the speed of growth, some individuals figured out how to monetize this fundamental appeal and thus were incentivized to spread it faster.
>>
I first noticed more people I knew using the internet after myspace got big. I'd been using the internet since 1998 and only a handful of kids in my rural school cared much for computers back then, much less the internet. After graduation (2005), a friend I used to know asked if I had a myspace. I didn't, but he made me curious so I searched myspace and found like pretty much my entire graduating class on there, kids who were typing like 22 words per minute in keyboard class in 2003. It was perfect timing for those people to get in touch with one another (as I'm sure facebook was for people a few years later) and that site made it happen. From that point on I started to see the internet being used more for social interaction rather than just the special interest forums I was used to.
>>
>>38561284
Interesting.

I used computers ofr gaming, but didn't really get high speed internet until around 2001-2002. I was using dialup from around 1998 onwards, and before that I was just a kid who played computers for gaming and had a few friends who I wrote down their numbers.
>>
>>38561173
>that was hella popular for (((some))) reason
I have no idea how a social network founded by a Jew who was willing at the drop of a hat to manipulate what users saw and feed them only stories that supported establishment/globalist agendas (until literally told by courts that they had to be more fair) EVER rose to popularity in such a cutthroat market! Pure coincidence, I'm sure.
>>
>>38561439
Wasn't it just for college kids at one point?
>>
>>38561463
>>38561439
>>38561173
>>38561195
Facebook works with prism aka government spy machine. Myspace was user regulated. Facebook was pushed for a reason.

It also took off due to business men no longer having to pay for their own website, using fakebook instead.

Facebook then bought the oculus rift, pissed us off for a reason: like they want to see through your very EYES
>>
>>38561463
Same anon you replied to, but on a less redpilled note I also know it frequently helps law enforcement (and even civil court cases), you'd be surprised at how many untermensch post evidence against themselves or outright confessions (not legal confessions, but still evidence). Happens a lot in family law, for instance (I just know more about family law than others, since I have relatives who practice it), a parent for instance will be in a child-custody case and post public pictures of wild parties and illicit drug use.

Normies gonna norm, I suppose.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.