[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>girl at work >talk to her every now and then >Occasionally

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

File: 084.png (74KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
084.png
74KB, 300x256px
>girl at work
>talk to her every now and then
>Occasionally ask her if she did anything exciting the next day
>You know, small talk
>"Not much anon, you?"
>Same.
>Doesn't seem to do much at all.
>New in town, doesn't know many people
>Let's hang out sometime, then.
>"Sure."
>Gives me number.
>Fast forward four/five days.
>Lounging at home, bored
>Decide to text her if she wants to do something.
>No response at all

I am confused.
>>
>>38534531
*exciting the previous day
>>
>>38534531
Don't text again whatever you do

Just see her at work, greet her, pretend everything is fine, and then say "thanks for responding to my text" in a sarcastic but playful tone
>>
>>38534753
Even that comes across as desperate, you dumbass. She'll get that you were serious no matter how you try to play it off.

Better to be yourself and die alone than to play the game and lie all the time. Unless you're a shallow dumbfuck.
>>
>>38534753
yes OP this is the correct answer, this will establish a nonchalant context and make you seem chill with her.

>women are a meme but shit, they are so fascinating to me
>>
>>38534796
it depends. If there's playful banter between you guys all the time, this is okay. If shes a serious person then yeah, sure that comes off as a little uncouth.
>>
>>38534872
>>38534753
I won't be doing that. She is somewhat awkward, so I couldn't imagine that response being taken well.

>>38534753
>Don't text again whatever you do
Definitely. It really doesn't bother me either way, to be honest. God forbid I try to make friends.
>>
>>38534753
No, don't do that OP, just act like it never happened. Don't even talk to her when you come into work.
>>
>>38534531
>shitting where you eat
You fucked up. Keep work and personal life separate or else you're in for some awkward times
>>
>>38534940
This is what I plan on doing. I'll still talk with her though, since I'm not offended at all. Really just confused. I guess I don't understand people much at all.
>>
>>38534531
She probably showed all her friends that the loser from work actually tried to pick her up.
>>
>>38534990
>>38534962
I don't even like her romantically, though. She's just similar to me, is all. I won't end up texting her again. I can take a hint.
>>
>>38534981
Good don't be like me when I was a teenager. I creepily spammed the girl I liked "hey" everyday and if she didn't answer I'd send it again a few hours later. This is part of the reason I don't even try anymore, I cringe too hard
>>
>>38534531

YOU JUST GOT G H O S T E D
>>
>>38535410
Huh, so that's what they mean/what it feels like.
>>
>>38534531
She's too busy texting all of the Chads in her contacts
>>
you say she's awkward, yet you wonder why she didn't respond. girls can be shy and have social anxiety too. she could have been afraid to respond, afraid of what it might lead to (any social interaction).

now I don't know her, so what can do I know? did you get an aspie vibe off of her?
>>
>>38535788
So shy and awkward that she completely ignores? Possible. I don't think she would be an aspie or anything, just a normal, shy person.
>>
>>38535864
I used to be very very shy. or had social anxiety. I don't know where one ends and the other begins..

there was a time where if a co-worker hit me up on text (has happened, similar to your situations) where I simply ignored it and feigned ignorance next time I saw him when he confronted me about it.
trust in >>38534796
don't confront her about it. if she is like me, she will become super uncomfortable around you - until the end of times.
>>
>>38535788
>>38535948
People who let their anxiety control them so much that they kinda hurt other people with it are generally shitty people anyways. You don't wanna go out with those types.
>>
>>38534531
Completely ignore her and pretend she doesn't exist

Watch her slowly lose her shit
>>
>>38534753
this, but the sarcastic and playful tone is extremely necessary
>>
>>38535948
Thank you for your perspective, it helps a lot.

>>38536033
Sounds childish and unwarranted.
>>
>>38534531
Why did you wait so god damn long to text her back?
>>
>>38536149
Part me enjoying my lounging, mostly me not trying to look desperate. I take it I waited too long? What would have been the appropriate time to wait?
>>
>>38535997
I can tell you've never experienced social anxiety.
>>
>>38536213
I've actually lived with it longer than most here have been alive.

Social anxiety is like anger management problems. When you let your personal emotions hurt other people and you ignore them because you're too anxious, then you're being shitty.

Adults manage their emotions, or at least try enough to not let it affect others negatively.
>>
might have been better to have something planned rather than just text her "if she wants do something"

>hey anonette, faggott0r is having this party tonight do you wanna ----
>hey! ____ here, you wanna join me and a few friends down at the _____ we're just having a few beers and blaaaaaaa

being asked by a guy she essentially doesn't know wether she wants to do "something" is rather unappealing. you need to take some initiative if you want to get to know her.
>>
>>38536196
Maybe a day at most, when a girl gives out the crisp clean digits you have to capitalize quick. I get you're trying to relax but still nigga damn.
>>
>>38536288
still sounds like you've not experienced social anxiety (atleast not the way I have)
your personal experiences are your own, and essentially only reflective of yourself, not me, as another person with social anxiety (previously atleast). what I experienced was a deep-rooted fear of ANY interactions with other people that crippled me utterly. I do not and did not see myself as a shitty person, but the fear was simply too intense for me to even try to explain why (whatever) happened/why I acted a certain way.
>>
>>38534531
Text her again. Say "hello??? U there??? Are you ignoring me??"
>>
>>38536359
sure pajeet.

also, ask if you can "lick her bobs plz"
>>
>>38536359
Absolutely fucking not cunt
>>
>>38536299
This also makes sense. An actual plan may have had this turn out differently. I'll keep this in mind.

>>38536351
Only a day? Are you sure? I've read horror stories about people who sounded too desperate that made me cringe out of the atmosphere.

>>38536359
Stories that tend to start out like this. Gave me a chuckle, though.
>>
>>38536401
>Only a day? Are you sure? I've read horror stories about people who sounded too desperate that made me cringe out of the atmosphere.

believe it or not every girl is different. some might be slighted that you take too long to write to them, they might feel creeped out if you do it too quick, some might want you to send a casual text that same night. the only really important thing, is to come of casual. no matter how quick you text them
>>
>>38536357
It sounds like you just got way too much pride. At my worst I locked myself away in my room for a decent amount of years because I didn't want to let other people to be exposed to my social anxiety. It wouldn't be fair to them at all to deal with my utterly crippled self.

Of course, sitting in a room for years is probably the worst way to deal with one's anxiety, but I eventually figured that out.
>>
>>38536359
Absolutely fucking not cunt

>>38536401
Honestly if a girl doesn't see initiative she isn't going to put effort in. I'm not saying you should have asked her to chill. Just maybe you could have said "Hey" or tried to start some sort of conversation.
>>
>>38536457
>It wouldn't be fair to them at all to deal with my utterly crippled self

sounds like you had a good deal of self hatred mixed in with that social anxiety. it's possible to have social anxiety and not hate yourself like cancer.
>>
>>38536462
Okay, makes sense. I did say "Hey, would you like to do something today," but I don't think that counts as a conversation starter.

Also, what I said isn't initiative either, so I'll have to work on both starting conversations and having a plan/idea of what to do already in mind.
>>
>>38536580
Good idea, also if you see her at work again don't do some dumb shit like... "Hey did you ever get that text I sent?" Not undermining just saying don't do it. But if she brings it up play it cool and try to plan something while at work and then maybe try texting her later on.
>>
>>38536655
Don't worry, I won't bring it up. Even I'm socially aware enough to know that will only bring about bad news.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.