[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else notice a lack of sympathy for Chester on Facebook

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 9

File: Chester-Bennington.jpg (96KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Chester-Bennington.jpg
96KB, 630x420px
Anyone else notice a lack of sympathy for Chester on Facebook posts and stuff? Lots of "Suicide is selfish" and "Why didn't he think of his kids?". Barely saw any of that when Robin Williams topped himself.

I mean he was famous but not everyone knew his work. It just seems like all the normies who go on about "DEPRSESION IS REAL GUYZ :((" have done a full 360 now.
>>
He seemed like a tough, strong guy.
>>
>>38506496
sucks because in the end it doesn't even matter
>>
Glad he killed himself. He won't make shitty music ever again.
>>
>>38506448
>Barely saw any of that when Robin Williams topped himself.

There was loads of "suicide is selfish" posts and feelings but the main difference is that Chester is only 41 while Robin Williams was like a million years old and had Parkinsons'. Williams' kids were all adults with their own lives and careers but Chester's kids are still kids.
>>
ARTV's probably crying right now
>>
>>38506542
IKR BRAH I PREFER EDGY MUMBLE RAPPERS LIKE XXXMEMEACION, LEMEME GRIPZ TOO!!!11 PRAISE KEKISTAN XD
>>
>>38506448

people lack compassion.
>>
>>38506448
No one has sympathy for suicide. It's like people are forgetting that's it's related to mental illness and they equate it with lack of willpower. Normies will never understand what it's like.
>>
>>38506448

the whole "suicide is selfish" thing really pisses me off

do you know who's actually seflish? the sort of person who would say that phrase, rather than think "wow this person must have been in some pretty unbearable torment to have wanted to kill themselves" they think "wow this person killed themselves, now I don't have them in my life anymore"

a bit drunk so I don't know if I expressed that idea as well as I wanted, anyway I will add that it does suck to kill yourself for the people around you, and I get that argument, but to call them selfish is ridiculous, I mean I suppose you could call them self-absorbed in hatred, but I don't think most people kill themselves thinking "YEAH IM GONNA HURT ALL THE PEOPLE AROUND ME, THAT'LL SHOW THEM" in fact its usually probably more like "i'm going to stop dragging others down to my level and just take myself out of this world"
>>
File: 139035361828.jpg (75KB, 600x526px) Image search: [Google]
139035361828.jpg
75KB, 600x526px
>>38506542
haha nice man XDDa
>>
>>38506661
No I get what you mean. Can't believe I actually haven't thought of it that way kek. You have a point.

Like I doubt these people with families have refused to recognise their suicide would devastate them. but they do it anyway? They'd have to be going through a hell far worse and it'd be selfish for others to expect them to stick around to save them some grief.
>>
>>38506448
People will never fully be empathetic to depression and mental health whilst millionaires are offing themselves. What reason did he have to do it? What caused his depression? People won't feel very sorry for a millionaire with a hot wife, kids, and a laundry list of even hotter girls wanting to fuck him. Same goes for Williams. Why did he do it? He was a millionaire who literally every normie adored. People will become aware of mental health when celebrities with the lives most people dream of having stop killing themselves.
>>
all i've seen are sympathetic posts, OP. lots of stuff like "their LP/song/etc. meant a lot to me and helped me through tough times" junk. ain't seen anything about selfishness yet
>>
>>38506661
The issue is that the guy has six kids that he nog longer has to feed and raise, that's the selfish part.

Also

>millionaire pop-rock star with one of their most successful albums ever
>unbearable torment
>>
>>38506829
Yeah I've seen a lot like this too but it seems like a third are spiteful shit vying for attention.
>>
>>38506675
Not even him but how is that edgy?

I'm happy aswell he will never make shit music again
>>
>expecting normies to empathize or care about human suffering
shiggy diggy
>>
File: IMG_0450.jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0450.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
>>38506542

happy to see chester's spirit continues to live on in people like you
>>
>>38506883
>implying Chester wasn't a normie/Chad
>>
>>38506448
>Barely saw any of that when Robin Williams topped himself.
Nope there was a lot of it.

Also this >>38506594
When Robin killed himself he was basically already dead and had no responsibilities/not much to live for.
>>
>>38506841

don't get me wrong, I totally get this side of it as well, I think he was a bitch, he always kind of has been desu, don't hate him or anything though

I mean I've had my own challenges with suicidal thoughts, but I don't feel its right to make parents see their child die before they do, just as I don't feel its right to bring children into the world knowing full well the spectrum of suffering and joy they can experience, and not see it through, at least until they are at an age where they could have a better understanding of what you did (early 20's at the earliest imo)
>>
>>38506841
>you can't be sad if you're rich
uh
>>
I don't see any meaning in talking about fb and other plebs media.
>>
Well, they only said possible suicide
you never know
>>
>>38506939
if you were molested as a kid you will alays be a robot
>>
>>38506957
He wasn't just rich though. He had a wife and family, made best selling albums and his job was to tour the world and play songs from said best selling albums to hundreds of thousands of fans at sold out shows and festivals. Yet he ws suffering.
>>
File: man tipping his hat who is you.jpg (9KB, 281x211px) Image search: [Google]
man tipping his hat who is you.jpg
9KB, 281x211px
>>38506995
>l don't see any meaning in talking about fb and other plebs media.
>>
>>38507076
>I'm a millionaire
>10/10 stacies wanna fuck me
>I make best selling albums for a living
>have 6 kids and a hot wife

Uncle Tony touched my willy tho so I'm a robot. Sure thing anon
>>
>>38507076
It's calIed depression. Makes you sad in seemingly good situations.
>>
>>38507124
Wrong person.

>>38507029
Was supposed to go to you
>>
>>38507124
>>38507166
Some people are better at playing pretend than you are, don't be mad
>>
>>38507179
I'm not the one who said a millionaire rock star was a robot. That was you.
>>
>>38507127
What did he have to be sad about?

His life was worthless? Not really no.

He's doing nothing with his life? Also no?

What was he so sad about?
>>
File: 1499739600879.jpg (66KB, 700x519px) Image search: [Google]
1499739600879.jpg
66KB, 700x519px
His newer music got a ton of shit. I went to hellfest and saw them not long ago. They got booed the shit out of and people were throwing shit at them. I guess that was the nail to the coffin. Plus he had alcohol/drug problems like every other celebrity. He seemed like a cool guy and his suicide kinda caught me off guard.
>>
>taking your own life because you're probably already dead inside is selfish
>forcing someone to live a life he doesn't enjoy isn't
Funny thing is "if you really love someone let him/her go" is what most normies think
>>
>>38507252
Literally the problem with depression. You have everything you could possibly want and you're still sad. That's why the disease is so shit.
>>
>>38506448
robin williams had some form of disease and was old
chester was a rich drug addict that left 6 kids behind
ppl dont sympathize much with drug addicts to begin with cause of the war on drugs but they sympathize even less with ppl who have kids that depend on them and commit suicide
>>
>>38506448
Nobody wants to admit that they used to like Linkin Park. That's the reason.
>>
Yeah I didnt mind NU metal when I was 14.
>>
This is just a guess based on how old they are but robins kids were probably older and can fend for themself
>>
>>38507252
>retarded normo response

depression doesnt make sense, that's the point.
>>
>>38506448
anyone who has anything but compassion for suicide is a normie that has never experienced true suffering. seriously. you wouldnt. fucking. know.
>>
>>38507497
>implying every normie doesn't white knight for depression.

Depression is the most normie mental illness there is. Every depressionfag always tells me 'their personal story' which is the exact same every time.
>>
>>38506522
thats funny i havent seen that exact joke 20 times already today
>>
Thats because nobody fucking likes linkin park. Anyone that says they do is just memeing.
>>
>>38506661

You no what pisses me off?
How we are not allowed to point out the obvious facts that make suicide selfish anymore.

I remember when Robin Williams killed himself, and a tv personality dared to make a point that permenantly scarring his family was a bit selfish.
All the leftist, touchy feely, language police fucks decended on him like a pack of wild dogs, calling him to apologize for stating facts. It is absolutely disgusting.

Suicide is selfish. It will always be selfish. Nothing can change that. I don't care if that fact makes people "feel bad" or doesn't help their situation. We shouldn't be structuring our language around peoples "feelings". This is about protecting the truth and our freedom to say it no matter how people feel.

Give support to the mentally ill. They can get help, or they can kill themselves. But they can't go around making people feel shame for daring to question the false narrative. Even if you stop people from saying it, people will still think it.
>>
CRAAAAWLING IN MY SKIIIIN
oregenenenelo
>>
the selfish people are the ones who insist you continue living
>>
>>38507778
hey grandpa, what's more selfish, killing yourself or having kids?

that's what I thought. go fuck yourself.
>>
no one really knows him, robin williams was a well loved dude, no one would have badmouthed his choice. but chester? some edgy famous niche music goy? normies will share their mind without fear of being castrated
>>
>>38507850
Made no sense you dumb piece of shit
>>
>>38506594
>>38506942

Robin William's suicide can be directly traced to his medical condition that progressed with age.

Chester's was at best correlated with drug use and MUH SHAMEFUL MEMORIES :(

That's the reason - I'll still miss him.
>>
>>38507095
So what? Fb is for normies, so GTFO NORMIE REEEEEE
>>
>>38506448
desu the most upsetting part is that none of the articles or memorial playlists contain his best song. fucking normies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2H4l9RpkwM
>>
>>38507907
I bet when Chester killed himself he was shit faced on something
>>
>>38507991
I bet he was thinking about it before today.
>>
>>38506448
>using normiebook
Go back there OP
>>
obviously with all his money, fame and everything the only thing he could possibly legit be depressed about was the fact that by being molested he turned into a molester himself.
Being a pedo is the only excuse for severe depression that isn't snow-flake bullshit.
>>
>>38508141
t. pedoshitter

>>38507959
He was also a normie, anon, don't forget that.
No pity for normies.
>>
>>38506661
i agree, its selfish to force people to live in this world. especially by imposing some sort of guilt trip implying that you MUST continue to live
>>
>>38508178

use that brain you are so smug about to think about it.
All your "mfw no gf" "im a virgin at 30 years old" is snow flake bullshit.
Not a pedo. I focus on reality and use my brain kiddo.
>>
>>38507879
the fact you resorted to name calling, clearly means you have lost this fight.
>>
>>38507778
Is doing something selfish really a negative though anymore in this country?

Self-improvement books, self-help books, focusing on your own problems, going to a personal therapist, personal trainer, personal dietician, saving up money for one's own retirement, taking a vacation for one's own relaxation, rooting around looking for a job so one can make an income for him/herSELF.

These are all selfish actions; primarily interested in one's self. Now in this context it's suddenly a negative to be selfish?

Because it's inconvenient for someone else.
>>
File: Untitled.png (46KB, 562x449px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
46KB, 562x449px
pffffff
*inhales*
HAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>38506787
Like if this guy who had it so "great" and despite everything his mental state still overcame his circumstance and he still killed himself because hes that fucked up in the head, doesnt that just make depression seem even more powerful?
>>
File: nothingpersonnel.png (95KB, 454x674px) Image search: [Google]
nothingpersonnel.png
95KB, 454x674px
>>38508224
>kiddo

Who said I'm one of the no gf babies?
And if YOU used your brain to think about it for one second, you'd realize that there are actual "excuses for severe depression" that don't involve muh gf and muh sexy kiddies, you fucking mouthbreather.
>>
>>38507124
when youre that depressed nothing matters to you, fucking nothing. you cant understand unless you have felt it.
sure he may have been a bitch or this or that, but you cant sit here and deny the power of brain chemistry
>>
>>38508228
Keep telling yourself that bud. Lol
>>
>>38508239

No, you are absolutely right.
Selshiness isn't negative anymore. And you can thank all the european continental philosophers and atheistic thinkers for pushing this idea. Things like consumerism, promiscuity and hedonism have replaced spirituality, family values, and temperance. And it didn't take to long for these loathsome ideas to start degrading the value of human life.

We live in a world where euthanasia activism is a thing, women get abortions for the most trivial reasons, and murderers and terrorists deserve sympathy from the media. We have gotten to the point where life itself is losing value and meaning. And who is pushing this? The leftist political thinkers, the ones that are supposed to be all for dignity and respect. It is absolutely disgusting, and all this "YOU CAN'T SAY SUICIDE IS SELFISH! THE TRUTH IS HURTFUL" bullshit is perfectly consistant with that nihilistic worldview.
>>
>>38508178
Most normies weren't molested for years starting at 7 and don't kill themselves.
LP's fans are normies.
>>
>>38508431
I want time machine posters out of this board.
>>
suicide usually makes people angry
it tends to remind people that it is very possible to dislike the state of affairs enough to want to die and make it happen
it hits the niggling bit in their minds that wishes it was dead
and makes them envious in that they can't work up to do it themselves
>>
>>38506448
Normies are the first ones to brag about their successes, put you down for your failures and call you selfish for even being in a suicidal state of mind.

Wanna know why? They falsely believe in free will. Think about it, these people aren't thinking "Oh, his struggles with mental illness, depression, being abused as a child and having one of his best friends die must've caught up to him", they're not thinking anything deeper than "Oh wow, I can't believe he chose to be suicidal, what a scumbag."

They're also the type of people to be die hard liberals or conservatives and to claim that mental illness isn't real.
>>
>>38506448
Because his career is literally a joke. His music is awful and encompasses the worst parts of the 2000s. I had a real good laugh listening to the more infamous Linkin Park tracks today.
>>
>>38506787
I would think this kind of thing would have the opposite effect. Suicides are almost never reported in the news unless something spicy happened along with it or a celebrity did it because suicide isn't news. Celebrity suicides cause more people to even think about suicide, for better or for worse.
>>
File: 1498612369378.jpg (101KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1498612369378.jpg
101KB, 600x600px
I agree with them. You're the biggest faggot if you kill yourself and you have kids/inevitable grand kids that you brought into the world. What kind of message does that send to them? If you're gonna kill yourself at least have the decency to never reproduce.
>>
Then don't listen to it retard.
>>
>>38506448
As someone with a very suicidal friend who has an incredibly shitty life, I cannot say I think suicide is selfish. I do however think telling people that they can't kill themselves is selfish. You're just keeping someone alive because their death may sadden you, with no real regard for their own well being.
>>
>>38509055
I don't think either is selfish. People are born with dispositions that have a shit ton of outside factors tacked onto them as they grow up, potentially fucking a person up and causing mental illness and suicidal inclinations that they can't help. That said, most people naturally put great value in close, interpersonal relationships and inherently expect sacrifices to be made to live among other people and keep these relationships afloat. People apply these expectations even further to those with families of their own. In a sense, suicide, to a lot of people, is the same as selfishly leaving your loved ones behind because you felt a certain way.

Basically, people don't choose to be suicidal but others who judge them don't choose to have such expectations of other people. It's all just biological disposition, upbringing and environment.
>>
>>38506448
his record label staged the whole thing to milk the last value remaining of linkin park from "RIP le crawling guy" memers. Your sympathy is nothing but shekels for some CEO. Get a life.
>>
File: DFM2l2jUMAAvNSB.jpg (137KB, 1440x1169px) Image search: [Google]
DFM2l2jUMAAvNSB.jpg
137KB, 1440x1169px
Sympathy? Why the fuck should this degenerate receive any kind of sympathy at all? His entire career was psychological warfare against young Whites.

Fuck this dead, degenerate piece of shit. 14/88.
>>
>>38509444
(((They))) fake a lot of shit, Sandy Hook, Isla Vista and the Boston Marathon too, the """killers""" are in some Hollywood penthouse somewhere, along with all the little crisis actor kindergarten kiddies. People won't believe how many of these events are staged right beneath their noses. This guy's completely fine, making shitty music for some Jewish execs.
>>
>>38506448
The guy left 6 children.
He was cruel, to be honest.

I don't really care about his feels. That was indeed selfish.
>>
I haven't ever really listened to LP but I have sympathy for people who kill themselves.
I will say it was irresponsible for him to have children and then kill himself, but hoenstly, what does it matter? Having a depressed dad wouldn't be much better than having a dead one. They probably will develop depression themselves and do the same thing daddy did.

Normies really should fuck off with
>it's selfish :^(
>now give me my virtue signalling points :^)
>>
>>38509508
Wow. So edgy. Thank god you're anonymous!
>>
>>38506614
>>38506675
>>38506900
Weak ass bait. Teenage girls can troll better than you
>>
>>38506841
Who cares? The kids will be fine. He left them with a shit load of money. As long as mommy sends them to private schools and they don't do drugs when they're teens, they'll turn out just fine.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.