[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't fucking deal with my overbearing parents anymore.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: dog.jpg (50KB, 600x503px) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
50KB, 600x503px
I can't fucking deal with my overbearing parents anymore. I'm 21 years old and I'm completely under their thumb. Now they want to go through my computer and social media, and I'm powerless to argue it because I'm such a fucking bitch. If they try to take my shit or punish me I plan on commiting suicide
>>
>>38500261
It only gets worse anon.
I'm 25 and they try and force me to show them my bank account info and transactions, and when I work. Imagine not being able to buy food because your parents would kick you out for spending money and not saving it.
>>
>>38500435

if you've just been saving money why don't you just move out?
>>
>>38500435
Your parents sound based you fucking retard. I wish my parents did that to me when I was 25. I wouldnt have dropped out of college to snort heroin all day.
>>
>>38500435
It really stresses me out sometimes, you know? I feel so utterly powerless, and it's bullshit. I'm a literal legal adult and they're doing everything in their power to keep locks on me and make me stay their 12 year old child
>>
>>38500261
so force yourself to talk with them about it and tell they how you feel. drink a shot or two if you really have to for some courage.
>>
>>38500520
This doesn't work with my parents. Being real with them only makes things worse, I've learned long ago that I can never actually talk to them about anything important to me.
>>
>>38500261
why dont you just move out? I moved out literally 2 months later after I got a job because parents so fucking annoying.
>>
>>38500539
have you had some major fuck up with them or something? that would explain why they want to go thru your shit. other then that i'm not getting why talking with them would not solve the situation.
>>
What punishment? Tell them you're an adult and they need to fuck off.
>>
>>38500599
No major shit, this is just how they are. Talking to them only makes things worse/makes them more suspicious and overbearing, I've given it up.

>>38500561
I'm still in university so I'm stuck in their home and in debt at the moment. When I graduate I'm getting the fuck out of here

>>38500674
I don't honestly know what the consequences would be. I wish I could just do that but they're in my head, I have a deep fear of them that probably stems from when they'd beat me growing up
>>
>>38500261
OP if I were you I'd pack my shit and go live with some friend. Fuck, u r in college, probably some Chad has a sorority or some shit like that.
>>
>>38500261

You're an adult and they're acting like they have the right to look through your private information?

That's not something they have the right to do. If you were a child, it would be understandable. But you're an adult. They can't do that without your consent.

Listen to me, Anon. You need to tell them that they can't do that. You are an adult. Not a child. The stuff you do on social media and stuff is your business only. They don't own you. They can't tell you what to do. If you were still a child, it would be okay to an extent. But the fact that they're acting like their allowed to look through your stuff like that despite the fact you're a fully grown adult almost offends me in a way.

You have to tell them. What do you have to lose? Just tell them the truth. Tell them that because you're an adult and not a child, they don't have the right to know what you do on social media or anything else.
>>
>>38500730
>I'm still in university
kek my condolences, you wont be moving out any time soon.
>>
>>38500730
Their behavior wouldn't even be acceptable to do to a 12 year old. Nothing is ever going to get better unless you establish boundaries. My parents beat me to the point of brain damage, constantly went through all of my shit and routinely allowed their friends to molest me. It stopped as soon as I bought a cheap hi point and told them I'd kill them if they didn't fuck off. I don't suggest going to that extreme right off the bat but you need to stand up for yourself. Change all your passwords and refuse to tell them anything. If they hit you hit back and press charges.
>>
>23
>finally moving out
>shit-paying job in a very expensive area
>can't afford rents
>mom's friend is willing to rent to me for cheap
>will watch me closely and report back to her about everything I do
Even moving out is no escape from the hell.
>>
>>38500261
Don't forget, anon. U r the best. Go get a better job, go get some chicks, go have some liquid courage and go diss your parents. Fuck them. Shit, it's not like they bought your smartphone and stuff, right?
>>
Pretty damn hard to "stand up" for yourself when you have to rely on the same people to survive. That's why I always keep to myself and keep any social media I have a secret.
>>
File: 1499673393470.gif (1MB, 1258x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1499673393470.gif
1MB, 1258x1000px
I've finally snapped my mom is a single mother, we always argue. Forced me to get a job and she still bitches at me.
I'm going to college next year finally at 22 years old and it'll be 4 hours away. Can't wait.
>>
>>38500261

Rent a small apartment and cut off communication with your family. Maybe after a few years of living alone, visit your family again and see if they've changed.

Even if you're still going to college, I'm sure you can still move out. Get a part time job. And if you can't actually offord an apartment and live completely alone, you can live in a dorm at your university. It'll be an improvement over your current situation anyway.
>>
File: kys.gif (2MB, 500x439px) Image search: [Google]
kys.gif
2MB, 500x439px
I've changed my passwords, double-checked that anything I wouldn't want them seeing is behind passwords/hidden/otherwise protected. Hopefully I can get through this without them starting more shit. There's knives in the kitchen drawer for tonight if things go south. Hopefully it goes fine and I'll see you all tomorrow.
>>
>>38501163
LOL passwords. I had to change banks change my social. Keep checking my balances for my account.
>>
I had my first job when I was 14. Since then my mom never bought me nothing else. Not food, not clothes, not even my School stuff (like books, pens and shit). At 17 I moved out with a friend. I make 10.000 dollars a month now (27.000 reais, in my country's currency)
>>
>>38500810
+1

fucking stand up for yourself anon, geez
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.