[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Depression/ general

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 14

File: 1496428728805.jpg (142KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496428728805.jpg
142KB, 960x720px
How the fuck do you deal with depression?
I honestly don't see how people can live semi normal lives whilst coping with depression.
I'm constantly tired, i've lost interest in all of my hobbied, including animy and vidya, and i want to constantly blow my fucking brains out.
People always say suicide is never the solution, but i'm not seeing any fucking options.
Do anti depressants help? How do you guys deal with it?
>>
>>38487524
i can't, so i'm going to kill myself next year.
>>
File: therideneverends.jpg (78KB, 460x562px) Image search: [Google]
therideneverends.jpg
78KB, 460x562px
I feel the same, but I'm going to start SSRIs soon.
>>
>>38487524
thinking of trying some psilocybin desu
>>
ssri's do help. try a few. also, smoke some joints, might help.
>>
Pills work. The side effects can be pretty annoying but it's better than being miserable and constantly wanting to die. Meds won't cure the depression though, they'll just surpress it. You need therapy. Hang on there anon. Shit is rough, I know.
>>
File: 1491364712167.jpg (124KB, 847x563px) Image search: [Google]
1491364712167.jpg
124KB, 847x563px
>>38487568
Sorry to hear about it friendo, try and not think about about it too much or you'll freeze once the day comes, it's hard to actually pull the trigger when you are at the final moment, it's the body trying to trick you into wanting to live.
>>38487594
>>38487632
I'll look into it. Thanks for the advice.
>>38487610
I have never tried shrooms desu. Is it good for helping with depression? I'm a nervous dude so wouldn't i just end up freaked out during the whole trip?
>>
>>38487524
Antidepressants only put a bandaid on a bigger problem and might make suicidal thoughts worse.
The best solution is to find whats making you depressed and fix it, but that's not always possible.
>>
>>38487524
Bro, listen to me. If you are this close to the end the best thing to do is try something new. I'll explain. But first, DO NOT go on anti-depressants - those are the last thing you need.

Travel. Go to Turkmenistan or Japan or Bulgaria or somewhere odd. Not some touristy place, not some resort. A place where you'll find some adventure. Just travel and stay out there as long as you need.

You can find odd jobs, volunteer on farms or at a hostel for a place to stay (woraway.com and helpx.com).

>But muh job! I can't travel
Life should be enjoyed. If you can't love life while working this job take this chance to travel for as LONG as you need. You got it bro, you can make it through. Just remember no pills.
>>
>>38487568
see:
>>38488698

If you are so desperate then TRAVEL. Sell some shit if you need to. Fine places to volunteer for a free room. Do what you must. Nothing puts things in as much perspective as this. I was in a shit fucking position after college. I got an alright job but was depressed. So, I got all things with no major sentimental value to me and sold them. Then I flew to my parents' house got my old stuff from there and sold it. I went on workaway and helpx to set up some free places to stay. I saw so fucking much met so many people and lived for the first time in a while. And now I know things will always be okay. Don't take your life. Just experience it. I promise it'll be okay. If you are really going to take your life than what do you have to lose by taking my suggestion. Please rethink.
>>
>>38487800
not him, but you look up microdosing. Just enough to feel like something is changed, but not enough for large effects.
>>
File: Uzbekistan-Bukhara-SS.jpg (252KB, 2006x923px) Image search: [Google]
Uzbekistan-Bukhara-SS.jpg
252KB, 2006x923px
>>38487524
>>38487568
I recommend Uzbekistan takes you way the fuck back and you realize how much bullshit there is today. My advice: go old and ancient OR rural and down to earth. If you do go to some sprawling modern metropolitas go to one that feels very different from what you're used to. Like, don't go to London if you're from NYC.
>>
>>38488698
The thing is i don't really know how. I don't have that much money and i'm constantly freaking out about everything. Moving like that, having to find a job without even speaking the language, finding a place to stay, trying to actually think of what i should do in a foreign country etc..
I'm not against the idea, but i feel like it won't go the way it does in movies. I'd probably end up as a homeless person in a place i know nothing about..
>>
File: 2017-03-01 11.05.34.png (1MB, 1346x1503px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-01 11.05.34.png
1MB, 1346x1503px
>>38488800
Fuck off you braindead hippie normscum. Traveling doesn't cure depression. Also, OP is on r9k - he's not the type of person that would couch surf.
>>
how can a neet possibly ever get a gf. i need a gf so bad it would save me, right now i cant even leave the house without having anxiety. cant see myself getting a job too wich would be the fastest way to get a gf i think. im trying tinder but god its full of normie. online dating is a meme right
>>
>>38488893
look into workaway.com and helpx then. You can live some places for months in advance for free. I worked at a hostel in Argentina for 3 months for free and only had to work 3 hours a day. In my off time I met people at the hostel and travelled with them. I got a free place to stay.

And go without expectations. Just going at all is good enough. There's no pressure to see everything or mover here then there then here then there. Just roll with it.

>>38488935
worked for me and I'm not a hippie you faggot
>>
Stop using the internet for a week
>>
>>38488971
by months in advance I mean you can plan waaaay ahead of time so you know where you will stay before you go there.
>>
>>38487524
For me: therapy, ssris, lots of exercise (running/lifting/swimming), constant positive affirmations in my head that I'm not a piece of shit after all, and that there is nothing wrong with me.

Don't give up.
>>
>>38488800

This. If you're gonna suicide take some risks first. What have you got to lose if you're gonna die young anyway?
>>
>>38487524
Been officially diagnosed twelve years ago, but records suggest it goes all the way back to childhood. I'm just used to it as much as I'm used to changes in weather; despite feeling like shit half the time.
>>
>>38488971
Not everyone's depression is dependent on their location you fucking troglodyte.
>>
>>38489122
>troglodyte
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA nah

Yeah well guess what? He said he's tried a lot and he's considering suicide? It's a radical change in life that can be fulfilling. Why are you so down on it?
>>
>>38488698
>DUDE TRAVEL xD
If I was next to you if be strangling you to death you insipid piece of shit.
>>
>>38487524
You're depressed because you're a failure and your life sucks, not because you have something wrong in your brain, just a heads-up because this board is filled with pathetic dumbasses who think 'ur just born that way lol'
>>
>>38489145
>It's a radical change in life that can be fulfilling.
It can also be traumatic and disastrous, which can easily worsen one's condition.
>>
>>38489163
>I GET MAD WHEN PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT IDEAS TO WHAT MAKES THEM HAPPY
STFU faggot it worked for me and I was trying to help. Want to offer something more productive for our OP?
>>
>>38489242
If you go with expectations maybe. But if you go without any "I must see these" "I must do that" and go with the flow and take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves and don't go to a fucking war zone or something you'll be fine.
>>
>>38489236
>You're depressed because you're a failure and your life sucks
That's one of the mores common causes of depression in people.

>not because you have something wrong in your brain
It's a chemical imbalance enough to not only be considered psychiatric, but medical. Plus, any emotional/personal issues lies solely in the head.

>just a heads-up because this board is filled with pathetic dumbasses who think 'ur just born that way lol'
Some of them are and/or raised to be this way.
>>
>>38489248
You're a disgusting normalfaggot. Get the fuck out of this board and go back to /adv/ you vapid shitsucker.
>>
>>38487524
Do you have a job?
Do you eat enough food
Do you get enough vitamins
>>
>>38489281
>Some of them are
No they aren't.

>and/or raised to be this way.
Meaningless. They can still change.

The rest of your post isn't worth responding to.
>>
>>38489267
Or it can just result in incredibly experiences results that not only make your condition worse, but ruin your ability to give other methods/treatments a try (the lack of expectations would also magnify the traumatic experience). Usually with treatments of prolonged psych. disorders (depression, anxiety, autism, etc), you have to take baby steps and go at your pace. And even with the best treatments available, relapses are a constant risk.
>>
Some days i feel better than others. In the better days i can't understand why i felt so bad. I think it's related to fap in my case. I am feeling better today but i am going to fap because can't control myself. It's like a loop
>>
>>38489344
>No they aren't.
[citation needed]

>They can still change.
Up to a point. But after which, change becomes a decreasing possibility. Example: a depressed person in his seventies is likely unable to change anymore. The longer you're with a bad habit, the more-and-more likely it's a permanent part of your character.
>>
>>38489289
I'm not a normalfaggot you stupid fag. And I hate the advice on /adv/ shut up c.
>>
>>38489401
>[citation needed]
My asshole, you stupid cunt.

A baby born out of the womb is not 'depressed' and you're a spastic if you think they are.

>Up to a point.
Another pathetic attempt to impose a constant victim mentality on anyone who happens to suck at life.

>w-well my life can get a little better b-but
But nothing you dumb shit. 'Up to a point' is an utterly meaningless phrase. These limits exist because you accept them, and you accept them because you're a pussy looking to excuse your own incompetence and cowardice, along with almost every other 'depressed' individual on /r9k/.
>>
>>38489454
You're the most blatant normalcunt I've seen in a while. You have no idea what the lingo of this board is like, and converse as though you're on some shitty facebook group chat.
>>
File: 1499298747604.jpg (48KB, 536x457px) Image search: [Google]
1499298747604.jpg
48KB, 536x457px
>>38489082
Does telling yourself that you're not a failure repeatedly end up make you think it's true?
>>38489236
I've been suicidal since i was 14, and i was a normal kid. I have loving parents, i'm wasn't poor, i was ok looking etc..
There is no valid reason as to why i'm depressed in my life.
Depression is a cause, not a consequence. for me atleast.
>>38489306
>Do you have a job?
Yes. It's not amazing but i can't imagine a fun job so i'm not really complaining too much.
>Do you eat enough food
I'm not a very hungry guy. I eat like 2 small meals and snacks in between.
>Do you get enough vitamins?
I don't really know desu. I guess i'm lacking a few vitamins like vitamin D etc..
>>
>>38489471
>A baby born out of the womb is not 'depressed'
Babies can be, as hereditary conditions that spur depressive disorders exist. And anything that happens within the baby's presence the second it pops out of the world determines it's future mental state.

>Another pathetic attempt to impose a constant victim mentality on anyone who happens to suck at life.
Probably because they are victims.

>These limits exist because you accept them
They're not accepting or denying anything. They're just going with the hand they're constantly given to and have been given to on a repeated basis. That's how they got this way in the first place.

>and you accept them because you're a pussy looking to excuse your own incompetence and cowardice, along with almost every other 'depressed' individual on /r9k/.
1). Meaningless sentence.
2). Victim blaming.
3). Ad hominem.
>>
>>38489557
>2). Victim blaming.
Ok I'm done.
>>
>>38489504
I don't have facebook you fucking kike
>>
>>38489553
>Depression is a cause, not a consequence.
Wrong.
>>
>>38489603
I'm not going to try to convince you, you can beleive whatever you want. Here's your (you).
You may leave now.
>>
>>38489553
>Depression is a cause, not a consequence.
It's both.
>>
File: chairmanfrown.jpg (57KB, 525x503px) Image search: [Google]
chairmanfrown.jpg
57KB, 525x503px
>>38487524
>How the fuck do you deal with depression?
You learn to live with it and accept is a condition you have, but the depression is not you.

>I honestly don't see how people can live semi normal lives whilst coping with depression.
>People always say suicide is never the solution, but i'm not seeing any fucking options.
Be aware being depressed hinders you logical thinking and your depressed thoughts are not the thoughts you would usually make if you weren't depressed.
Problem is that some people get depressed for so long they even forget how they used to think before getting depressed.

>Do anti depressants help?
They do help, but don't expect to just take your candy and keep living the same way that made you miserable in the first place. That's a pitfall were many fall.
>>
>>38489637
>I'm not going to try to convince you,
That's because you know I'm right.
>>
>>38489786
It's because you're an obtuse moron.
>>
>>38489845
>person disagree's with you
>immediately claim he's only being obtuse
the ironing
>>
File: 1494324668456.jpg (607KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1494324668456.jpg
607KB, 707x1000px
>>38487524
Happy pills helped me out, is what I can say.

Do you have a family history of psychological/mental agony? Do you feel like you have relatable people to speak with regularly?
>>
>>38487524
Happy pills have never helped me. I honestly wouldn't fuck with those pills if you have never touched them. Most of the time it helps but numbs other areas of your life. Those pills are give and take. I've tried so many.

If you go for something if you ever happen to get benzos please don't even go down that route.
>>
>>38487524
Getting a dog and exercising helps me a lot. As long as I have a goal i'm actively working toward I cope pretty well.
>>
>>38489845
No, that would be you.
>>
>>38489923
Both of my parents take anti depressants and my grandfather commited suicide so i guess it's common occurence in this family.
>>38490016
I enjoy taking care of my doggo aswell. They really do just make you feel better sometimes huh.
>>38489786
I won't try and convince you because i don't have to. My life is a perfect example. I became depressed whilst everything in my life was on cruise control. Point is, i don't really see how changing my life around, even becoming chad etc. Would help with my depression. I've been through high and lows for almost a decade and my depression followed me.
>>
>>38490509
> I've been through high and lows for almost a decade and my depression followed me

I can relate OP. I've dealt with it by keeping to myself and self medicating with drugs. But it only last so long. I'd advise just skipping the drug route even if you are looking for SSRI's/NDRI's.

I don't know what advice to give because honestly I haven't figured it out yet. My train of thought is just don't give up. I'm not denying that there are chemical imbalances in the brain but you can still try your best with the cards you got.
>>
File: GwenWaifuu.jpg (111KB, 463x453px) Image search: [Google]
GwenWaifuu.jpg
111KB, 463x453px
>How the fuck do you deal with depression?
Suicide.
I dont know the date yet. But I am sure its going to happen. Have the way, have the stuff.. I'm set
Just waiting for that final blow
>>
>>38490689
How are you going to an hero anon?
>>
File: 1462130407004.jpg (98KB, 640x452px) Image search: [Google]
1462130407004.jpg
98KB, 640x452px
>>38487524
Lately when I drive to work I have a hard time keeping my car on the road because I'm so numb and distant.
>>
File: no go way.jpg (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
no go way.jpg
23KB, 400x400px
>>38490880
It was a struggle really.
I dont want to make a mess or hurt others around me so the best way of going out seems to be carbon monoxide poisoning.
>>
File: 1500322574902.gif (483KB, 243x270px) Image search: [Google]
1500322574902.gif
483KB, 243x270px
I watch anime to deal with it
>>
I thought I had conquered my depression, I had stopped taking medicine for it 4 years ago, but the suicidal thoughts that come and go have reached fever pitch lately.

I feel as if I am a failure to everyone I know, I am unemployed with a serious medical condition that costs an assload of money that I don't have and I get no assistance with. This is my vent because I feel I can't even talk about this with my one friend who I am close with.

I am on vacation right now and the urge to overdose and just wander off in the middle of the night with no identification while I'm far from home is so tempting.
>>
With anti depressants I've heard it depends on what you get because some you'll get addicted, some will make it worse, etc. Other people will say to smoke weed which will help but it depends on the person since I got blitzed and it didn't get rid of the depression at the time.

Mostly when I get depressed I think about what made me get depressed if I know the reason and listen to calming stuff like rain and thunder, a song that I find depressing that helps get sadness out which eases the depression a bit or just come here and talk in these kinds of threads and talk about what made my depression get worse and get opinions from others who understand it since we're all anonymous so there's no need to fear expressing it.
>>
>>38487524
Anti depressants just make you mong out so much that you don't care about anything anymore.
>>
>>38490973
Charcoal burning in a tent? Or car?
>>
Depends why are you depressed
>>
File: Gwen_rap.png (343KB, 1105x869px) Image search: [Google]
Gwen_rap.png
343KB, 1105x869px
>>38491307
Car.
Even tho... Charcoal sounds alright to..
>>
>>38489577
You tell him fellow autist victim blaming isn't a real thing
>>
pls do not kill youuuur self if you are having
suicidal thoughs call this number
one eight 0 0 2 7 3 8 2 5 5
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.