[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just found out I have autism. >im 22 >always had emotional

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: oneitis.jpg (13KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
oneitis.jpg
13KB, 360x360px
just found out I have autism.
>im 22
>always had emotional disorders
>OCD//ADD//ADHD//PTSD

I want to discuss autism. how do you deal with this? when your brain.just.wont.stop.

i go to work, dont have a need for neetbux yet, does autism get worse with age? also does it make anyone else dyslexic? my mind reads faster than my eyes and it jumbles thngs. i didnt know where else to go.

pic unrelated
>>
>>38458814
I don't know how they do it but find out how to get NEETbux ASAP then quit your job, you'll never have to work a day in your life with your tism. I envy you.
>>
>>38458814
Do you have autism proper, or autistic traits coupled with that other stuff?
>>
how did you get diagnosed?
I've always had social issues and depression, but my doctor just prescribes ssri lexapro welbutrin and sometimes benozs
nothing really helped me except cannabis mushrooms and mdma, but he thinks I'm an addict because I told him I tried those and they helped
>>
>>38458856
I would go crazy not being able to work and make my own money.

>>38458886
high-functioning autism coupled with those already diagnosed disorders.

>>38458937
had to get a psych eval. for my job. found out im on ze spectrum. its one of the first things they screen for besides ptsd and schizophrenia
>>
>>38459040
I should probably get an evaluation, is that with a psychiatrist?
I went to a psychologist last month and her questions were all memes like on a scale 1-5 how sad do you feel
it's the 2nd psychologist I went to and I felt they were fake and talk in meme self help quotes like the secret or eckhart tolle the power of now
>>
>>38458814
30 here, diagnosed since 24 with a slew of mental illness and read about psychology/neurology for the past 6 years since then. Have a lot of experience with therapists, getting neetbux, and what the mental health industry is like.
Some things you should know:
1)Autism/any mental illness comes down to learning what causes you difficult and coming up with ways to counteract it. Some of these are progressive efforts, so you'll need to exercise, eat well, do meditation, grounding, mindfulness, journaling(especially helpful for autists) etc. all the shit you don't want to do on a regular basis if you want change. Your subconscious remembers everything and can't tell the difference between reality and fantasy so just thinking bad things like "Because I have mental illiness, I'm worse than other people" can make you depressed.
2)Read temple grandins autobiography. I sometimes felt I was writing the damn thing myself. That guy who worked with KISS's special effects did some good books too.
3)All medicine is a double edged blade. Do not treat it lightly. If you can, you should do everything you can to avoid it.

>does autism get worse with age?
Most autists are fat. I'm not lying. The health complications from emotional eating, diabetes, and autism where repeat any pleasurable task a thousandfold nearly killed me a dozen times. When it got "better" for me, it was because I made it better. I walk an hour a day erryday these days and do my best to stay away from carbs because of my fear of fucking my body up even more. For mental issues, it's the same. If you're not working on it, not journaling or whatever, it's like a house that crumbles apart. If you have poor socialization that's a whole problem onto itself, and I haven't figured out how to deal with that yet.
>does it make anyone else dyslexic?
It's called comorbidity, it when if you have a mental disorder, you're likely to have another mental disorder. Not exclusive to autism.
>>
>>38458814
what symtoms of ADD/ADHD have you got anon? really curious.
>>
>>38459140
>>38459140
Shitty therapists, yeah. The main goal for them is to try to allow you talk with yourself and make you aware of the implications of what your are saying. If they throw in feel good truisms you can safely ignore them, that's an inexperienced therapist who is trying to "help". You're the one who needs to do the work in that office, if you ask them who's the expert on you they will tell you that you are.
I forgave them for that kind of behavior early on because they wanted to help. The best therapists will do something called "mirroring", where they will respond to your behavior with similar behavior and tone. This is because everyone has stupid beliefs about everything and the quickest way to make someone feel like their opinion matters is to act like they are the leader in the conversation.
When you say "fake", it's really because how you feel about the situation is that they need to confirm how you feel. If you walked in and the therapist said "Life is pretty shitty, you should kill yourself" you might actually like them more. You might even laugh. This is a documented psychological phenomenon.
If someone tells you that you are shit and you believe you are shit, you like that person. The same goes for a positive response. People are always looking for social confirmation of the beliefs they already believe.
Psychiatrists are a last resort. They are pill farms. They are dangerous. They do not want to talk to you, they want to give you a pill that has a good chance of fucking your health and a small to nothing chance of a marginal benefit. This is common knowledge in the industry, to the point where if you ask a decent psychiatrist they will admit the prescription of drugs is a trial and error affair. Even worse is going to a medical doctor for psychiatric meds, don't even think about taking a generic antidepressant from a medical doctor.
Do not go to psychiatrist unless you have already seen a Psychologist/therapist for awhile.
>>
>>38459391
thanks for that write up, that sounds accurate and some good advice
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.