[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do you go to look for career advice? 4chan/reddit/etc.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: e8f.png (418KB, 448x486px) Image search: [Google]
e8f.png
418KB, 448x486px
Where do you go to look for career advice? 4chan/reddit/etc. isn't helpful. If I don't figure out something soon, I'm going to have to kill myself.
>>
>>38446113

What are your interests? I'd pick a field that interests me
>>
>>38446113
I personally just flipped through the course catalog at my local community college until I found something that lookes good. Maybe that will help.
>>
>>38446113
I just went for what my college adviser suggested.
>>
>>38446132
I just want to be able to live a solitary lifestyle without normies hassling me. I'm too gone to hope for anything more than that. The ideal is to be able to work from home.
>>
>>38446113
>4chan/reddit/etc
don't listen to those losers. just be yourself.
>>
>>38446189
To expand on this, I don't have many interests. I like to read, but I'm not particularly knowledgeable about literature, and I'm not a good writer. I'm probably legitimately somewhere on the autistic spectrum, and everything I write comes out stilted and unnatural, like a really dumb robot (the machine kind) trying to write an 8th grade book report.

I just want to find some solitary occupation where I can be left alone and make enough money to support myself, and from there, maybe work on fixing some of the shit that's wrong with me. And then if that doesn't work out, then I can kill myself.
>>
>>38446113
>Where do you go to look for career advice? 4chan/reddit/etc. isn't helpful. If I don't figure out something soon, I'm going to have to kill myself.

4chan can be pretty helpful, it depends what kind of advice you are looking for honestly
>>
Just one bump and I'll let this die.
>>
>>38446113
What kinda advice are you looking for op? Maybe I can help
>>
>>38448140
Well, I'm semi-housebound due to severe social anxiety (I've been a shut-in for several years). Was hoping to go the distance learning route and find a field where I can maybe study 1-2 years and get some type of work (I know some people speak badly of online colleges, but I don't have any other options atm). I don't have any crazy ambitions here, and I don't need a ton of money. My main thing is that I want to be able to work from home so that I'll be able to financially support myself (money is a huge issue right now, I'll have to take out a loan just to go to school). When I bring this up to anyone, I get the standard normalfag stuff about how this is a bad idea and I should work on my SA first and then go to school, ignoring the fact that if I do it their way, I'll be out on the street long before I even come close to getting anywhere with my mental health situation. I appreciate the help anyone tries to give, but it's frustrating because people can just never accept that maybe I might know a little more about my situation than someone who read one of my posts on the internet. As bad as everything, I don't feel like everything is totally hopeless (I can at least see a way out), but no one wants to help if I'm not doing things exactly the way they want, and it's people like this who always say, "I never saw it coming. Had no clue he was so unhappy."

Oh, and although I really, really want to be able to work from home, as that would make everything a thousand times easier in so many ways, you have no idea, I would be capable of dealing with a modest level of social interaction, if I didn't have a choice.
>>
>>38448483
Also, I'm open to anything that meets those specifications. The first thing that was suggested when I first started looking into this was web development, and the person who first suggested it was very encouraging, but other stuff I've been hearing after looking into it a little more has me feeling pessimistic. Just to be clear, I don't know any programming languages, I'm shitty at math, and I don't even know a ton about computers beyond basic stuff. I'd have to start fresh, and at a severe disadvantage, and obviously, it's a competitive field, although I wouldn't be hoping for much. I just don't know what my options are...
>>
>>38448557

Have you considered doing field work for the USGS? I'm sure you could end up with a position where you are totally alone, hiking back to remote monitoring stations in the middle of wilderness to check and repair them.

You'll need to work a couple of different jobs to work your way into that. I'd suggest checking https://www.usajobs.gov/ for entry level USGS or NPS jobs.
>>
wash dishes. its a great job for robots. you just stand in a corner and scrub pans while you awkwardly whistle old gameboy music and no one can hear you over all the machine noise and they never bother you as long as their stuff stays clean.
>>
>>38448483
>but no one wants to help if I'm not doing things exactly the way they want

I suspect you have that backwards; you want confirmation, not advice. You don't want to accept help unless it already matches what you have planned.

You have to be open to considering new ideas, even if they are uncomfortable.
>>
>>38448483
>severe social anxiety
>I don't need a ton of money
Amazon warehouses are almost entirely unspoken, you're just a cog in the machine after training. Warehouse labor in general you can probably go without much socialization.
For an extra 3 bucks an hour you can learn to operate a forklift. But in an operating warehouse that can be stressful on its own.
Truck driving will pay a big deal, don't know much about it though.

Or if you don't mind earning less than minimum wage.
rev dot com
>>
>>38448666
nice try, satan. i'm not going to fall for your devilish tricks.
>>
>>38448666
Like I said, I'm open to anything, but I don't know what to tell you. There are certain things about my situation that I know better than others. It's just a fact that money issues will force me out on the street before drugs or therapy will put me in a position where I'm fine working a normal job with heavy social interaction or going to a physical university. And really, the notion that I have to work on my SA before thinking about job stuff is pretty much a moral objection, not a practical one. There is nothing inherently wrong with wanting to be alone, and with or without any treatment, I would prefer a relatively solitary occupation. You're going to say, "You can't know that," but I do. I just do. Not that I want to be like I am right now, where I basically never interact with anyone, but I'm always going to want a lot of time away from everyone else. I don't see why there's anything wrong with that.
>>
>>38448666
>unless it already matches what you have planned.
duh?! Why are normies so retarded.
>>
Get the book called What Color is Your Parachute? That ought to help some.
>>
>>38449112
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll look into it.
>>
>>38448483
>I'm semi-housebound due to severe social anxiety

Doctor here, my prescription is to grow some balls.
>>
>>38446189
Go for CS or related.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.