[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>hates metal because it's only "screaming"

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

File: Wayne_D_wigger.jpg (84KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
Wayne_D_wigger.jpg
84KB, 360x270px
>hates metal because it's only "screaming"
>listens to Xxxtentacion
>>
>>38417274
This is me but I dont really hate metal I just don't listen to it and I'm partial to Death Grips
>>
>>38417274
I hate metal because it only knows how to be angry and sad, it's completely one-dimensional and one of the least-enjoyable music genres out there, I don't listen to meme rap either.
>>
>>38417274
Let them hate metal, we don't want outsiders invading our music again anyway.

Remember what happened the last 2 times normies infiltrated metal?

We ended up with:

1 faggy glam power ballad metal

2 retarded rap/electronica Nu-Metal

Again I like that everyone hates metal, it keeps metal pure. Free from outsider influence.
>>
>>38417438
t.special snowflake

orignigiia
>>
>>38417274
music is for ________
>>
>>38417531
No I just don't want outsiders fucking up metal again. Stay out faggot.
>>
i don't see people truly like metal music. at least not modern metal music.
i see metal gatherings all the time and most of the men are fat neckbeards with tattoos. its obviously an easy way for ugly/fat guys to find friends/girlfriend based on hobbies. the music itself is ear popping and terrible. you can't even make anything of what the vocalist is saying because its just growling now.
rock is 10 times better. even pop rock or glam rock.
>>
Caring about music automatically makes you a huge faggot.
>>
>>38417643
t. lady gaga fan
>>
>>38417438
>it keeps metal pure. Free from outsider influence.

Metal has always and forever been gathering outside influences.
>>
oh look the wigger rap kids and the wigger metal kids tell me which one is a wigger
>>
>>38417704
Not the genres I listen to, just classical influence, that's it.

Also no because I don't hear any pop shit in metal today. Except maybe in core, but any core isn't metal and is fucking gay as shit.
>>
>>38417612
>the music itself is ear popping and terrible. you can't even make anything of what the vocalist is saying because its just growling now.
That's a rather ignorant statement. There is a very diverse group of sub-genres under the umbrella of heavy metal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy4CQOyQ-0k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBfGx0YQQn0
Those are both metal songs that have come out within the last 12 months.
>>
>criticizes metal
>doesn't realize that most metal bands are being self-aware and ironic
Like seriously do you really think the majority of grown adults that are into metal actually think that dragons and crucifixes and shit are the most badass thing ever? It's supposed to be a joke. There are obviously a few retards who think it's 100% serious but they are missing the point. A very good analogue would be Warhammer 40k, initially created as a joke but over time a few autistic kids looked at it and thought that over-the-top black humor was actually cool without seeing any of the irony in it.
>>
>>38417612
>most of the men are fat neckbeards with tattoos
And I bet most of them could knock you the fuck out, scrawny little bitch.
>>
>>38417938
>There are obviously a few retards who think it's 100% serious

That's their entire fanbases though.

>>38417813
>Not the genres I listen to

nice blinders you've got on, I can still guarantee that there are loads of different influences that went into your favorite bands
>>
>>38418072
>That's their entire fanbases though.
You're wrong but even if it were true, what kind of sad fuck judges a band by its fanbase? Just listen to the bands themselves. It's tongue-in-cheek regardless of whether underage "metalheads" realize it or not.
>>
>>38418072
Nope, just classical
>>
>>38417963
this was fucking pathetic to read please try harder lmao
>>
>>38417398
>it only knows how to be angry or sad
confirmed for not listening to metal go listen to Venom stat nigger and then you can listen to some Bathory and that's about the end of that unless you want to listen to one Burzum album because despite what most people say most of his discography just can't compare to his early work.
>>
>>38418145
>what kind of sad fuck judges a band by its fanbase? Just listen to the bands themselves.

Go to a metal festival or concert.

People aren't dressing up like eternal 16 year olds, tattooing band names on their half-shaved head, and running around like retards as a way of dancing because it's ironic. They're 1000% serious, you even have posts ITT that confirm this.
>>
>>38417398
Also go listen to some Motorhead you dingleberry pop on some Overkill
>>
>>38417963
t. fat neckbeard who listens to metal
>>
>>38417813
Deathcore is unironically good tho
>>38417398
But angry/sad is the only thing I know how to be too anon
>>
>>38418311
It's not serious you retard. Headbanging and moshing and all that shit is like dabbing, people do it at concerts but it's pretty much only post-ironic (as always, there are retards who don't understand).
Do you think that Mayhem put a photo of their dead bandmate's blown-apart head on their album cover because they genuinely think it's badass, or is it more likely that they just have a fucked up sense of humor and are acting over-the-top edgy on purpose for their own amusement?
>>
>>38418428
you're confusing immaturity with irony
>>
>>38418297
>>38418314
haha you're even typing all mad
>>
I like the yelling in metal but I hate the instrumentals which is why I like xxxtentacion
>>
Pretty crazy how metalheads flock to defend metal as soon as you mention something bad about it. Who gives a shit if someone doesn't have the same taste as you.

Real talk, why do people like xxxtentacion ?
>>
>>38418374
that's fine, metal is good at what it does and I listen to it when I feel like shit but otherwise there are countless other music genres that offer a different and arguably better experience.
>>
>>38417398
>he thinks metal only expresses anger
Here we see the wild brainlet in its natural habitat, ignoring Dio and Metallica like the dumbass that it is.
>>
>>38418538
my problem is with modern metal. the tempo is always turned all the way up, there are no silent intros or bridges anymore like metallica used to make. i could still make sense of what the vocalist was saying. the vocalist voice wasn't overshadowed by the guitars. it was loud and clear.
nu metal did it best. it combined elements of electronic and rock and brought it into metal. the songs had better pacing and it wasn't just drummer + bassist beating into their instruments like animals
>>
>>38418684
>have an album literally called St Anger and other angry shit like Kill Em All with sad songs like Nothing Else Matters

whew
>>
>hurr metal is bad and stoopid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypOKQ2Jnrxc

Metal is better now than it has ever been. I can not think of a more diverse genre of popular music.

inb4 "thats not metal"
>>
I tried to listen to this xxxtentatcion shit

what the fuck?

it was pure garbage, it has to be a joke
>>
>>38418879
A song like that only reinforces the fact that metal is angry noise
>>
>>38418918
skip to 2:15, then listen to the whole song. Metal has been better the past 15 years than it has ever been. If you played guitar or another instrument you would appreciate the time signatures and chord progressions, but that's another topic.

I listened to exclusively doom/stoner for a while but Prog is leading the way in the metal genre.
>>
>>38418538
>Who gives a shit if someone doesn't have the same taste as you.
There's a lot of music I don't like but I will also acknowledge its merits. Metal is fairly diverse, it's silly to pretend it's just a bunch of angry yelling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KKLrbpD9V0
>>
>>38418737
>>38419019
>more metalheads defending metal
like clockwork
>>
>>38418979
>skip to 2:15, then listen to the whole song

That defeats the purpose of having half the song then. If you want jazz/rock fusion or progressive rock, just listen to that.
>>
File: dave.png (670KB, 1036x1160px) Image search: [Google]
dave.png
670KB, 1036x1160px
>>38417274

> listens to Xxxtentacion
> period
>>
My favorite thing about metalheads is that they're all sitting eating shit, and then they see one guy drinking diarrhea out of a cup, and they call him a poser because he's doing it slightly differently.
>>
>>38419135
This. No point in bullshit interludes that switch to another genre without any finesse, that only breaks the flow of the song.

>>38419159
screencap'd
>>
I personally don't like metal. I like being about to figure out lyrics and all the songs I've heard seem to have the same stupid guitar parts and drumming. Iron Maiden is as "heavy" as I go on my own accord.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NVX_nN-t9U

Melodeath is truly the patrician metal genre
>>
>>38419159
I see fans of thrash, power, death, or whatever else all get along fairly well pretty consistently though.

>>38419263
>I like being about to figure out lyrics and all the songs
I mean I can understand that as a criticism of deathgrowls but there are lots of bands that are easy to follow, and singing along is half of the appeal of a BG concert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qwcuQPZc14
>>
>>38419320
I didn't listen to that whole thing and honestly it's not terrible but I still prefer good old fashion hard, blues, or psychedelic rock.
Like I said earlier, the guitar parts all sound copy and pasted from one song to the next. I don't know if it's the pedals or just because they're playing fairly or what but I just don't appreciate it. I get the energy part of it, I can see why people enjoy it, but it doesn't do much for me
>>
>>38419416
Playing *fastly
Not fairly. Though fairly works I guess, because it's not necessarily bad
>>
>>38419133
nah, ill be the last to defend metal.

its commercial music at its best. even worse than rap. this is why guitar music is dying. its because metal took guitar and raped it
>>
>>38417274
The only metal I like is grindcore everything else is just boring
>>
File: 1495573413684.gif (2MB, 412x229px) Image search: [Google]
1495573413684.gif
2MB, 412x229px
>>38417274
>listening to nigger trap music
why do robots do this?
>>
I instinctively assume that someone is mentally deficient when I hear them listening to some form of rap music or hip hop.
>>
>>38419133
They're not even defending, mindless retard.
>>
>>38419497
>ywn be a niggers trap
>>
>>38419562
That's true for most of them. Hip hop and normie music is a way for normies to socialize and they don't actually like the music
>>
File: 05 - FzAc35r.jpg (135KB, 1860x1076px) Image search: [Google]
05 - FzAc35r.jpg
135KB, 1860x1076px
>>38417438
>us
>we
>our
>them

had a nice laugh
>>
xxxtentacion has always said that he's inspired and heavily influenced by metal.
>>
Grindcore is better than metal anyway
>>
Black metal and IDM are patrician tier
>>
Metal is for angry manchildren desu

It's too aggressive. You boys would be happier listening to something more upbeat.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.