[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was romantic love always just a meme?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 98z776r.jpg (66KB, 425x700px) Image search: [Google]
98z776r.jpg
66KB, 425x700px
Was romantic love always just a meme?
>>
>>38365055
yes, because women unlike dogs are not loyal.
>>
>>38365055
no it still isn't and will never be one
you gotta believe in it
memefying love is a result of 4chan's herd behaviour thus not to be wholly trusted
>>
>>38365186
>you gotta believe in it
That's one of the most pathetic things I've ever read here, I feel sorry for you
>>
>>38365055
I love a woman but she doesn't love me. Does that mean it's a meme or not?
>>
Yup.

Same goes for friendship. It's not like the movies or books, there are no friends like that, no women like that. It's close enough to reality to be believed but still a fiction.

If you have no experience in the world like most robots it can even trick you into thinking something is wrong when life turns out to be awkward conversations about nothing and everyone's out for themselves.
>>
>>38365229
>>38365249
Love is not to be confused with infatuation. Also Friendship is another thing but still, like love, has its roots in faith. You might just be desperate and accidentally think you are in love. To love is an acquired ability which must be learned and interpreted. Still not a meme.
>>
I just want to be rich enough to buy someones love. I dont care if it would be fake love. I just dont want to be alone anymore.
>>
>>38365055
Romantic love was invented by nobles who didn't want to do arranged marriages.

And the love we idealize is overhyped due to fiction.

Love does exist but its different than what you'd expect and weird.
>>
>>38365760
>Love does exist but its different than what you'd expect and weird.
What is love?
>>
>>38365767
Baby dont hurt ,dont hurt me,no more.
>>
>>38365767
Theres infatuation, followed by a short passionate love, followed by long term committed love.

Then theres familial love and platonic love.
>>
>>38365845
>infatuation
I never reached short passionate love because i liked but she didnt liked me or she liked me but i didnt liked her. I guess that's the main reason because of that i'm 24 khv.
>>
so
much
cynicism pretending to be realism
>>
>>38365055
Why do you think it's only in the fiction sections?
>>
>>38367227
>Why do you think it's only in the fiction sections?
Because it's very frequently featured in fictional stories? And in most stories, in general? Since it's one of the only two things humans care about.

Do you really not think the phenomenon has been described in serious scientific texts?
>>
File: love.jpg (39KB, 496x497px) Image search: [Google]
love.jpg
39KB, 496x497px
Love is real friendo
>>
>>38365055
The version most people (female) believe in is from fiction, so yes of course its not real. there's infatuation, lust, boredom, and contentment in that order. thats it.
>>
No. It's just out of the reach of Robots, just like most of the things that normies, Chad and Stacy take for granted.
>>
>>38367272
I think serious scientific texts would be dubious of love existing outside of chemical activity and a need to reproduce.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.