[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

where do i start with self-improvement.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 1499078623924.jpg (162KB, 1264x1630px) Image search: [Google]
1499078623924.jpg
162KB, 1264x1630px
i want to give it one last go before i end it all, but i have no idea where to start. i would really would appreciate some tips. thanks in advance
>>
Yoga does wonders for the mind and soul OP. Look up how to get started, it's pretty much the only thing I wake up looking forward to
>>
Where do you want to improve things, OP?
Give us your employment status, love/social life, physical health.
>>
It's just too vague and broad a question.

If you want to improve your health, then eat a balanced diet, exercise regularly, don't smoke, and if you drink alcohol, keep it in check. Don't drink every day, and don't have more than 2 or 3 drinks in a day if and when you do drink.

Outside of highly unusual emergency scenarios, you should avoid taking prescriptions and getting surgeries if you can help it, because these can seriously fuck you up and you'd be shocked if you knew how bad the lack of regulation in the medical/pharmaceutical industry was. Check out Robert Mendelsohn M.D.'s "Confessions of a Medical Heretic" for more information on this. Massive redpill.

If you want to improve your intellect I'd recommend studying philosophy, mathematics at least up to basic algebra, and chemistry/physics. You could also devote some time to reading or listening to audio books on these subjects.
>>
Google Introspection.
>>
>>38365049
NLP my friend ...
>>
>>38365049
I'd suggest maybe trying to get a job, but if that doesn't work out, sell most of your stuff if you can and go on a trip to your childhood town/somewhere you wanted to go but never got to, etc. Just remember not to sell everything so you have something to put in your will, or if you change your mind at the last minute. Good luck anon.
>>
File: 1476463888444.png (589KB, 700x759px) Image search: [Google]
1476463888444.png
589KB, 700x759px
Reposting from other thread.

Start acting kinder and more courteous to other people. It's been proven that simply having a more positive outlook and disposition will, in turn, make you seem more approachable to others and aid in how you feel about yourself.
Actively pushing and finding things to be sad about here is what keeps a lot of robots in /r9k/ robots.
>>
>>38365049
Do what you want?
Like me starts to study harder because I was nerd from very beginning.
>>
>>38365049
>>38365218
this
if you tell yourself that everything is fine you will eventually start to believe it. without a positive outlook you will keep going back to your miserable state, no matter how many improvements you make
>>
>>38365101
i'm a high school drop out (i'm quite stupid). i really don't have much going for me.
i have a few friends but they're the kind of friends that don't really make the effort
>>38365218
i've tried doing that but i just feel like i'm faking it
>>
>>38365138
NLP is worth nothing for self improvement.

OP, just start reading. Form opinions about deep issues like spirituality and sexuality. Work on your fashion sense enough that you aren't embarrassed with what you wear, and just avoid candy/soda/chips. You should be fine after that
>>
>>38365049
Masonry
>>
OP here, has anyone had any luck with therapists and medication?
>>
File: Handshake.gif (2MB, 500x241px) Image search: [Google]
Handshake.gif
2MB, 500x241px
>>38365359
>i've tried doing that but i just feel like I'm faking it
So? Would you rather feel fake happiness and kindness as a person, or keep knowing nothing but real depression and despair?
Don't just "try" to be nice. Keep doing it until you just are. It'll become real only if you consistently put in the effort to make it so.
>>
>>38365402
i'll keep trying. also, thank you for the advice
>>
>>38365085
>>38365203
thank you for the advice, it's much appreciated
>>
File: 1490259320891.jpg (2MB, 1280x859px) Image search: [Google]
1490259320891.jpg
2MB, 1280x859px
>>38365474
No: good luck, anon.
>>
>>38365393

Psychiatric medications are basically unregulated. You wouldn't believe how insanely corrupt the industry is.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ranbaxy-whistleblower-reveals-how-he-exposed-massive-pharmaceutical-fraud/

The amount of fraud going on is insane.

You cannot trust psychiatric drugs. The people who make them don't give a shit about you, and they often lie about what's in the drug.
>>
Try picking up a relatively easy hobby, gardening or woodworking. As long as you don't live in a tiny apartment, they have a pretty low base equipment cost and a lot you can do. Can even make money with it if you get good.
>>
>>38366793
Agree with this. I'm going to shake a wasp nest here, but I believe a lot of people end up in a depression slump because they just don't have any rewarding hobbies. It's good to have something you can get into and get meaningful improvement from.

Do you have friends OP? I'm not an expert because I'm a friendless loser lmao, but i think it also helps to have people with similar interests
>>
>>38367031
i do, but they don't really make the effort- i'm more of a periphery friend if you understand what i m mean
>>
Learning a foreign language may be good for you. Language learning is the door to another's culture, way of thinking.

To me its a pursuit you can never fully master, theres always areas you can improve in. Forced me to reflect on how i learn best, face my faults, learning to value consistency, goal setting, hard work.
>>
>>38365049
I would recommend looking up online a program called Self Authoring by a psychologist Jordan Peterson, who you may have heard of already. I'm currently working away at the program everyday and it's been pretty good to help provide some perspective on my life and where I want things to go.
>>
Start with cleaning your room and maintaining it clean. When you can do that work on your own body. When you get into the habit of mak8ng your body better, start reading or learning a new skill that's useful such as a *good* foreign language or coding. Small steps op
>>
>>38367381
i know this feel anon. I don't know your situation, but if you find a meetup or club with your interests, see if you can go and meet some new people. Woudln't hurt
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.