[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Social Anxiety

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

Seriously how do I get rid of my social anxiety? I am a gymcel and I go to the gym 5 days a week and that is literally the only time I go outside, however when I'm there I am constantly on edge, like when someone walks up behind me I shake, when I'm on my phone and a girl walks past me my hands start shaking and my whole body tenses up and I'm pretty sure people notice. Also when a girl looks at me my face gets red like seriously wtf is that shit

It's so fucked, I don't even have that bad of social skills, a year ago I worked as a cashier but doing nothing for so long fucked me up. The thing is that I genuinely don't care what people think of me, but it's like the feeling of anxiety about what they think still hits me every time. Honestly the anxiety I don't even mind, it's just the physical effects that suck, I hate how shakey and anxious I act all the time, I straight up stopped buying shit at stores because of my hands shaking...
>>
Your best shot is to see a psychiatrist. Finding a good one can be tricky so don't give up if your first try doesn't work out.

You can also buy phenibut online. It can help with social anxiety.

Hope things get better for you, anon. I'll be lurking in this thread if you want to talk
>>
>I go to the gym
Fuck off back to >>>/fit/
>>
>>38363877
>how do I get rid of my social anxiety?
>I go to the gym 5 days a week

Fuck off and die. You dont have social anxiety.
Youre just a fucking beta cuck faggot.
I have social anxiety. I didnt leave my house for years until I was in so much pain i thought I was going to die. I had something like 9 gallbladder stones.
>>
File: IMG_3999.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3999.png
2MB, 750x1334px
>>38363877
Tfw no Lilith gf
>>
I used to be pretty much like this. I know it's cliche but you have to mentally push aside your anxiety. That's the number one best way. It's hard at first but as you do it more and more it becomes second nature. I still get nervous for stuff like important phone calls but I can remember past times where I've pushed past scarier things and it becomes easier
>>
>>38363877
>doing nothing for so long fucked me up

you're out of practise. the more you do things the lesser the anxiety will become as you become more comfortable in those situations.

I always get anxiety in new situations, it takes me doing the same situation over and over and over to feel semi confident and comfortable, if I meet new people then I always have anxiety, but after talking with them for like 10 minutes the anxiety dissipates, it;s strange, like you're scared but when you realise nothing is going to happen it gets better, but that initial fearfulness is enough to make you avoid all social contact. it sucks, but you've just got to push on, keep at it, learn to accept the anxiety and learn to know that it would have once been the thing that kept you alive, anxious people might not be suited to this modern world in which we live, but anxiety prone people in a wildness setting would be the one that survived, because they would be weary of all situations in which they could potentially come to harm. it's a
beneficial evolutionary trait we just haven't shaken yet.
>>
>>38363928
thanks, I can't see a psychiatrist for a few reasons but mainly health insurance issues

my plan is kind of to order some beta blockers online and see if they work, but even if they do Idk what I will do because it's not like I am going to take them before working out, maybe take some then try to do some shit that I've been avoiding to build confidence

>>38363961
my dog

>>38363966
No idea how to do that
>>
>>38363937
chill out, there's a spectrum for social anxiety, not everyone feels the same way
>>
>>38363937
Lole you're pretty dumb then
>>
>>38364001
There's also a spectrum for autism's you fucking faggot
>>
>>38363937
This desu familiam
>>
>>38363981
Thanks that actually is kind of similar with how I am, all of the people and situations that make me super anxious are with people that I've never spoken a word to before, for some reason when someone walks past me who I talked to before I don't get anxious at all

I think maybe I am overthinking even my own anxiety, however it's really demotivating when I think everyone is looking at me noticing how awkard and anxious I am, now I am afraid to talk to those people because I feel like they already have come to a conclusion about me that I am a weirdo
>>
>>38364045
I shouls rephrase, I still get anxiety with people I talked to before just less, and it kind of depends on what I think of them, and if it is a girl then just fuck my shit up anxiety levels still very high
>>
>>38363937
That's Agoraphobia, a specific kind of anxiety disorder, not all anxiety disorders are like yours, stop being a faggot.
>>
>>38363877
Are you doing any cardio? A good long run will help calm you, I feel. Jump rope is good too.
>>
>>38364120
nope I don't do any, I actually was planning on starting I will be sure to do it now thanks
>>
>>38363987
One appointment won't bankrupt you. There are cheaper options and sometimes you can find professional who can prescribe medication but aren't an actual doctor. You can't get good mental health advice from 4chan.

The only way you can improve in life is to think about small ways to make your day to day experience better and then try to make those changes gradually. You cannot make drastic changes overnight. It absolutely will not work. Try to identify root causes of discomfort and come up with strategies to lessen it.

People can give you examples of things that can be helpful, but ultimately only you can really figure out how to make things better.

Have hope brother
>>
>>38363877

become accepted

el original
>>
>>38364150
>You can't get good mental health advice from 4chan.
lmao good point

I will see if I can get one, honestly I felt like there is a way to get over the anxiety overnight because I just need to change the way I think but I guess it won't be that easy
>>
>>38363987
Valerian and skullcap extract can give you a decent calm depending on the person. Some people are just more resistant than others to substances. Valerian is what valium is derived from, but valerian is not considered a benzo and is completely fine. I am recommending the extract because the liquid with absorb into your system instantly. You need to calm yourself the fuck down and take baby steps. A psychiatrist would have you do something like go to the gym like normal but then write down your "interactions", how you felt, what you assume they thought of you in your socially anxious state then ask you if you would judge someone else that way for literally walking to a treadmill. Then slowly they'd want you to try more tasks like ordering a meal through a drive through, buying a pack of gum in the convenience store, say have a nice day to the desk clerk in the gym, etc,
>>
>>38364198
I think that technique is CBT if I recall correctly. Also look into DBT. It's a fucking life saving all encompassing anxiety behavior program. You can buy a workbook off Amazon and do it yourself instead of paying out of pocket at a therapist.
>>
>>38364181
Yeah, I used to have that kind of thinking. But thinking short term will make things harder because if you have a bad day/week/month you can get discouraged easily and feel like giving up. The truth is that no one is happy all the time. You'll never reach the point where every day is peachy. It's more about being attentive to your own wellbeing and constantly trying to correct it as you slip. And you will slip. But the good thing is that you can make long term progress to the point where you will look back and be amazed at how much better your life is now than it was a couple years ago.

Also psychedelics were massively beneficial to me, although I suffered more depression than anxiety. But microdosing can greatly reduce the risk of having a bad experience with them.
>>
>>38364181
>I just need to change the way I think
Thinking is the result. Its the output of your brain, not something that can be changed directly. Your brain is a machine that produces thinking and if you want to change the thinking, you have to change your brain and your environment. And rewiring your brain takes time.
>>
>>38363877
>I go to the gym 5 days a week and that is literally the only time I go outside

You identified your own problem. You're uncomfortable in social settings because it's an unfamiliar environment. Go outside, spend time with people, anyone, it doesn't matter who, just be around other people for extended durations.

Asking how to get rid of social anxiety when you never go outside is like asking how to get stronger when you never work out.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.