[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>living in poverty with my mom >sister passes away while

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: moot_law-court_2900691b.jpg (40KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
moot_law-court_2900691b.jpg
40KB, 620x387px
>living in poverty with my mom
>sister passes away while in police custody
>involved in lawsuit over her death
>finally coming to a close; about to get settlement
>deadbeat, alcoholic father gets informed that he can request his share of the settlement
>deadbeat, alcoholic father hasn't had any contact with the family in almost two decades; owes over $50,000 in child support
>judge is a known MRA who criticizes child support and alimony laws
>grants my deadbeat, alcoholic father half of the settlement
>we get half, then have to pay the lawers their share
>we end up getting less than him
>mom has spent the past week crying herself to sleep

Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>38356133
Sometimes there's no justice in the justice system. You shouldn't become bitter over it because it won't do you any good. If you're that pissed off though, do something about it like working towards overhauling the justice system or killing your dad.
>>
Your mom fucked a deadbeat and decided to have the kid.

Literally she had 100% power, and she squandered it.
>>
>>38356228
If we had any other judge, they would have understood and given him the least amount of money possible.
>>
>>38356133
If you own 50 k in child support, you're going to jail.
>>
>>38356295
He's been to jail several times over this. He mooches off of his autist brother and has him bail him out each time. He does a work release program and then disappears.
>>
>>38356133
American (((justice system)))
Enjoy the ride OP
>>
>>38356274
This sort of thing happens. Judges are just as subject to bias as the rest of us. You should focus on comforting your mother and helping you two move forward from this tragic time. It's not easy, and I would be fucking pissed too, but you can't focus on your deadbeat dad. It sounds like he doesn't care about you so don't give him any credit by focusing on him.
>>
>>38356363
We were expecting this settlement to carry us, financially, and give us better opportunities. We're both living together in poverty, and as dramatic as it sounds, I have zero prospects or opportunities.

We went through years of trouble, years of going to the law office, years of paperwork, and years of worrying, only to have this piece of shit get most of the settlement while doing absolutely nothing, and not even thinking about his family.
>>
>>38356133
Good. I'm sure your whore sister overdosed or something anyway. You shouldn't have gotten any settlement at all.
>>
>>38356450
So then what's the plan? Die hungry and angry, cursing your father until you and your mom waste away? He's a piece of shit. The judge is a piece of shit. And from your perspective I'm sure society is a piece of shit. You've got a bit of the settlement, so use it to get one more opportunity. I've grown up poor as well, and while the whole "work hard and you can achieve anything" line is total crap, you can work hard and survive. Maybe even have some happy moments here and there too. I don't know your situation beyond what you've posted, but your mom probably needs you right now. And if not for her, then do it to spite your dad because fuck ending up like him, right?
>>
>>38356450
My brother works at chuck e cheese and owns a 4 bedroom house. Why can't you both just get jobs?
>>
>>38356133
Roasties getting rekt is music to my ears
>>
>>38356579
We used the settlement to pay off outstanding fees, debts and student loans from my sister's. We were left with around $1,200 of "spending money", which was used towards this month's rent.

My mother is extremely depressed and she's been screwed over by literally everyone she's known. She cries herself to sleep and blames herself for everything.

I'm extremely mentally-ill, work a wagekek gig that I'm stuck at, and due to slight brain damage from a prior botched suicide attempt, I've lost my ability to do many things.
>>
Kill them all, Homer
All of them, kill all of them
But don't kill my vibe
>>
>>38356307
This is either a lie or either you have really shitty lawyers. My uncle went to jail once for domestic abuse (he was attacked, but cops have to play hero to the wife) and he's going to lose everything.
>>
>>38356652
Ok, so that's the hand you've been dealt right now. You can fold or you can play it out. Either kill yourself for real, give up and suffer until you die, or work with what you have to suffer a little less. No one is gonna save you, but you're not so powerless that you can't do something yourself. You've know what your options are so pick one otherwise you're just wasting your energy on bitterness.
>>
>>38356652
Why are you living somewhere with rent that expensive? Just move.
>>
>>38356700
>domestic abuse
>not paying child support
Looks like someone doesn't understand the difference between apathetic behavior and aggressive behavior.
>>
>>38356743
There's nothing to work with, even if I try. The only reason I haven't killed myself is so I could give my mom a little hope and have her not be depressed all the time.
>>
>>38356652
>and due to slight brain damage from a prior botched suicide attempt, I've lost my ability to do many things.

just jump off a bridge, you have no future. All you're doing is surviving.
If you want to help your mother out take out life insurance, read it carefully, they will pay out if you suicide but only if you've taken it out for a set period of time
That's your best option
>>
>>38356133
Can you use that giving him the money is detramental to his and OTHERS health due to further alcoholism and poses a huge risk of a possibly fatal DWI
Origano origamo
>>
>>38356652
>slight brain damage
>botched suicide attempt
Make sure your next attempt counts, otherwise, you might end up even worst off.
>>
>>38356793
We're stuck in our jobs and can't transfer. Moving costs way too much money.

We were planning on moving with this settlement, but there goes that.
>>
>>38356133
Use the money from his part of the settlement to that which he owes from child support
>>
>>38356825
Yeah, yeah. Everything's hopeless. You're situation is so sad. What a meaningless existence we all lead. Sorry anon, but to live is to suffer so figure your shit out or kill yourself. I know exactly what you're doing which is wallowing in self pity because it's easier than taking action. I do it myself, we all do. Change is fucking tough and life sucks and there's no justice in this world. Get over it, get used to your own suffering, or take your own life. Just don't pretend that you don't have options and don't lie to yourself because being sad feels so good.
>>
>>38356940
What sort of options do I have, exactly? We're not middle-class Americans who can use the "go to school, work hard, get money" path to success.
>>
>>38356857
Get SSI then. Can you not get low income housing or something?
>>
>>38356652
>paying off debts/students loans/ outstanding fees of a dead person

R u serious dude????? What the actual fuck
>>
>>38356133
I didn't know unicorns could type.

>>38356984
Also this.
>>
>>38356971
You've essentially got three and I've summarized them multiple times.

1) Claw your way up to a slightly better situation. You can work another job. You can study some sort of skill in your free time. You can research and find better paying work that you can handle. Don't give me that brain damage crap. If you're good enough to shitpost on here with proper spelling and grammar you're already ahead of 50% of the braindead workforce out there. I'm not gonna pretend this isn't the most difficult option, but it's the normalfag "best" one.
2) Continue as you are, and suffer as you are until you die. This is the default route and probably the worst one. You know what it entails and I don't so maybe I'm wrong and this is what you really want.
3) Kill yourself. Solves all your problems in this world but who knows what happens next except your mom will probably snap. You'll be dead though so it won't matter. Best option for edgelords.

Pick 1, faggot.
>>
File: baitphilsophy.png (5KB, 255x198px) Image search: [Google]
baitphilsophy.png
5KB, 255x198px
>>38356984
>literally tells OP to kill themself
>called a commie faggot
Looks like someone can't read.
Here's your undeserved (You).
>>
>>38357071
Op and his mother clearly have no life knowledge
>>
File: 1498734972726.png (143KB, 339x280px) Image search: [Google]
1498734972726.png
143KB, 339x280px
>>38356793
>"just move"
>being extremely poor
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.