[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I force myself to believe that this world is fake?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

I feel like I can only take it if I know that this world is somehow fake like a simulation or a dream or something similar and nothing that we experience actually matters.
It would be really depressing if this is actual objectively true reality and the only shot at life that we have.
I think if I were 100% conviced that all of this is fake then I would do much better and be less depressed and stressed about my life.
So does anyone have any believable information to "prove" that this is not real?
>>
We live in a simulation
>>
>>38347290
you're retarded OP

anyway once you die it's like before you were born and you're dead forever so in that sense you can believe that nothing matters.
>>
>>38347320
How do you know? Also is there any way to escape it?
>>
>>38347468
>you're retarded OP
How am I retarded?

I can't just die. If I could I would have already but unfortunately I can't so I need somehow to convince myself that it's all not real.
>>
>>38347500
>How am I retarded?
let me count the ways

you ask how to force yourself to believe something
you are trying to manipulate your unconscious beliefs by manipulating your conscious beliefs (if even that)
you need some /x/ retard to tell you how to live your life
you get told it's a simulation and after all of the above, you immediately ask if there's a way out of the simulation
you completely misunderstood my post
>>
>>38347553
I was asking for proofs first though.
I also don't need anyone to tell me how to live my life.
I don't see how the rest is retarded either. Sounds like you are just a redditor trying to shut down anything non materialistic
>>
Instead of doing that, why not practice stoicism? You'll still be disentangling your emotions from events out of your control, but in a way that is much more useful and easier to believe.
>>
>>38347597
Fine, good luck trying to force yourself to believe some metaphysical wank you found on 4chan so you can ask the cute cashier out. If that's not retarded I don't know what is.
>>
>>38347652
Why are you projecting so hard though?

>>38347636
How do you do that
>>
>>38347680
>muh projecting
wow you got me... I guess I was wrong about everything and you were right
>>
>>38347680
>How do you do that
Reading the stoics is the best place to start.

http://classics.mit.edu/Epictetus/epicench.html
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.