[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>finally get myself to apply to a data entry job >asked

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1426118013050.jpg (47KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1426118013050.jpg
47KB, 480x360px
>finally get myself to apply to a data entry job
>asked in for an interview
>take hours to ready myself for all the stuff stated in the e-mail that they were going to question me on
>go in
>interview is going really well
>suddenly they decide to test me on company programs
>it's completely foreign shit that I neither stated I had experience in nor did they acknowledge I should have known
>spaghetti all over
>the guy starts grilling me over random shit
>tell him "I am more than happy to learn with the team or on my own"
>he ends the interview and says I just wasn't what they're looking for
well there goes my one interview for the year, I don't know how some people manage to go through interviews every other day
>>
File: veryevilhandshakedad.png (194KB, 255x239px) Image search: [Google]
veryevilhandshakedad.png
194KB, 255x239px
>>38309019
"This won't do, Champ. Only quitters make excuses, and I didn't raise a quitter. Now you go back in there, speak with the manager, give him a firm handshake, and tell him you want the job."
>>
>>38309019
>data entry job
A monkey could do this, aim higher next time.
>>
>>38309184
>implying you dont need a degree for anything higher
>>
>>38309184
I describe it as a data entry job but its more like an entry level accounting job

I knew how to use excel and quickbooks but not whatever they were using
>>
data entry is a maximum comfy job

>sit as desk all day, listening to music
>minimal human contact
>years of shitposting gives good wpm
>>
>>38309019
did you have information about the programs?
if not. pieces of shit
>>
>>38309019
>go in for interview for unpaid internship atpublic defender's office
>meet all their criteria on paper, and for real.
>Asian SOB starts questioning my ability to take notes and to get people to connect with me
>basically just explain I had to take notes to get thru school and that I'd have a strong desire to get to the truth. Feel that would be valued by clients and allow me to connect with them
>Never hear back from office.

I guess I was being kind of naive. The human garbage that go through the public defender's office probably dont value the truth very much. Hence the strong emphasis by the people working there on "being an advocate." It's not about the truth, it's about SJW bullshit.
>>
File: 1498481136194.jpg (8KB, 183x182px) Image search: [Google]
1498481136194.jpg
8KB, 183x182px
>>38309720
at least you meet the formal criteria dude

to get a fucking unpaid internship as a programmer nowadays you need to already have completed at least a few full-blown projects
>>
>>38309812
this is actually pretty fucking ridiculous when you think about it

we are so fucked
>>
>>38309019
they want money and are willing to work for it.
there are no feelings involved in gettin rejected for them, since they are wagies, that became indifferent to the jobs they were doing a long time ago.
they only put as much effort in as is necessary to have a reasonable chance to get the job.
most ppl joking about how they hate their job, actually hate their job and are just trying to cope with the absurdity that is the modern workplace.
>>
>>38309835
OP here

Even I had to lie on my resume and say I had way more experience with excel and quickbooks than I actually had (that I faked with hours of self-learn) and got tested on programs I didn't even know of. That's how bullshit modern job hunts are.
>>
>>38309242
Kronos?
If so, it's just tedious bullshit on a dos screen.
>>
>>38309812
There's that problem, and then the other one is fitting in. If you're a little weird in someway, and not generally appealing, then you're screwed.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.