[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LDRs - Long Distance Relationships

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 12

File: Amiga3000UX.jpg (358KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Amiga3000UX.jpg
358KB, 1920x1280px
Anyone still do long distance relationships?

I feel like it be the only thing I'd be comfortable with anymore and its technically better than being "alone". Might be a good robot last resort sort of thing who knows.

I remember it being pretty popular back in the early 2000s.
Had some great relationships that never became "real" but at least it felt pretty real.

>share your experience, whine, hookup, idk
>>
Cheated on every single fucking time.
I got a long story but, I doubt anyone wants to hear it.
>>
>>38294458

I'll bite; Tell me your story, Anon.
>>
>>38294458
I want to read about how you walked the dinosaur
>>
>>38294458
Pshh of course we wanna hear annon.
>>
>>38294279
I never had non-LDR relationships. I don't seem to find people I would like where I live.
>>
File: Pseudo gf V.2.png (51KB, 700x498px) Image search: [Google]
Pseudo gf V.2.png
51KB, 700x498px
>Back in 2010.
>Had this female friend in Australia.
>She was hot.
>She had a bf but, the relationship wasn't doing so good.
>I had decent job and a side job of gambling.
>So I make a move.
>It semi works...
>Bitch was kind of bi-polar or boarderline or something.
>Hot and cold horse shit but, I persist.
>We talk about me going down there to visit her.
>>
File: Pseudo Gf Complete.png (52KB, 644x555px) Image search: [Google]
Pseudo Gf Complete.png
52KB, 644x555px
>>38294652
Continued.

>She tells me she doesn't like my gambling.
>I tell her its keeping me above poverty.
>BF rapes her.
>They live together.
>Seems like I'm her only hope.
>[Savior complex magnifies]
>She miscarried and was all fucked up from it.
>She was the highlight of my days.
>Maybe I was the highlight of hers.
>We were eachother's emotional support.
>[emotional attachments intensify]
>One night. I see a red shooting star as I'm on my way to gamble.
>This was my night.

(Cont)
>>
File: ideal GF.jpg (45KB, 423x397px) Image search: [Google]
ideal GF.jpg
45KB, 423x397px
>>38294724

(Finale)
>I win big.
>Turn $100 dollars into $5000
>The biggest single win of my winnings was with a Ace of Hearts and a Jack of Diamonds.
>Her initials were A and J.
>Next day.
>Head to fancy handmade jewerly place.
>Get her a fancy bracelet made with heavy beads and embroidered beads.
>Get her ruby earrings.
>She moves in with her friend from Highschool.
>He found her and raped her again but, no miscarriage.
>He backed off for a few weeks.
>See that flights to Australia were on discount.
>Book flight and have like little over $1000 for food and whatever.
>Go there give her gifts.
>Get some sexy times with her.
>Cuddle times.
>I get back and she tells me she's getting back with her ex.
>And that we should just be friends.
>Ghost her...

I was so fucking devastated and angry.

>Inb4 shoulda raped her bro.
>>
>>38294279
honestly i think it's the only kind of relationship i'm meant to have. 80% of what i care about in a bf is if he'll play video games with me and his personality + creative exploits i guess and you don't need to meet in person for that. the other 20% is long road trips while smoking cigarettes and listening to music and cuddles and i could probably live without those
the biggest problem is that i don't know if he exists and if he did he probably wouldn't want me. spending the rest of my days as a crazy dog lady can't be that bad though

question for the people in this thread: did you ever meet up with your long distance significant other? and how did that affect your relationship thereafter
>>
>>38294997
And here come the influx of people saying they'd want to talk to you.
>>
File: Psuedo Ideal Gf.png (34KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Psuedo Ideal Gf.png
34KB, 500x500px
Basically getting a long distance gf is horrible thing.
She can cheat and it would be so easy for them too.

The odds are so stacked against you.
Prepare to be cucked.
>>
>>38295023
idk friend i've been posting on and off about a qt roadtrip emo bf for like 2 years now and absolutely nothing has come of it. which is fine, i don't use this website to try and find someone.
>>
>>38294279
>met girl on omegle
>hit it off big time
>add eachother on skype
>talked for 2 years, more or less every day, sometimes via voice call (bad move, makes it seem more real than it really is)
>basically became obsessed with her and relied on her responses and pics for self worth
>said i wanted to meet her
>she said no, we're on other sides of the planet, it will end in utter shit (fair, that is true)
>i said ok, can't do this anymore, it's driving me mad, let's stop talking
>she turned into a cunt there and then and we stopped talking

fast forward 2 years and i have a gf and don't do any of that dumb fucking shit anymore. i don't regret it at all because it taught me exactly what NOT to do. you can't outsource your happiness to anything, especially not a girl from omegle you've never met

i am happy now - don't do this dumb shit anon, spend the time you would be wasting talking to some internet girl in the gym or reading, or develop another hobby of some kind.
>>
>>38294997

Well. Basically. Here's one of my stories.

>get a LDR with a girl from California, I'm in Alaska.
>together 2 years, watch movies long distance ( have to go 1 2 3 PLAY on vhs tapes to sync them ) play videogames ( DOOM, Warcraft 2 on dialup ), whatever. Mostly just talk and plan how things should be.
>Meet up, She flies to AK ( She originally lived here ). Together for 2 more years.
>I also live with her in Cali for awhile, basically living back and forth to see family, whatever.

Was alright but too young and stupid. We were both fresh out of highschool. And eventually the relationship was torn apart.

My other LDRs I never met. But they were full of love and life. Which ended in burning hell. But it was worth it I suppose it got me off my ass and I did things.
>>
>>38295088

I guess I should add some context.
this was like back in like 1999-2000.
Hence the VHS tapes and dialup.
Also AK internet was horribly outdated back then.

We met on ICQ.
>>
>>38295088
how did it end? if you don't mind me asking
>>
>>38295129

Pretty bad.
She hooked up with her highschool ex.

We were friends later on for awhile the next 10 years or so.

Were bitter enemies again though after dating again for a few years.
We almost were married. Thank kek we didn't.
She fucked me over pretty good.
I don't want to go into too much detail but she basically tried to make me lose my home and everything on top of fleeing with some old ass ugly dude.
She failed. Had to go to court and a bunch of stuff but she failed.
Thank kek.

In the past though it's fond memories. I would of probably been much more of a weirdo had things not came to pass the way they did.

Really my only relationship I had that became real I guess. Don't have much luck on my side when it comes to dating. Was pretty good at getting girls in the old internet...
Have nothing to show for the modern world.
>>
I'm meeting my robot bf irl this week after a few years of dating
>>
If you want your heart torn in half they are a good idea, or if you need to practice for an IRL relationship.

I ended up heartbroken but with a better perspective on life so I guess it's up to you.

Keep in mind that if you ask 99% of the other people in the world they will tell you LDR are a joke and nothing at all like a real relationship.
>>
>have irl bf for 10 months
>he has to travel across the globe to do work for family
>12-13 hr time difference
>could be for up to a year

Am I fucked?
>>
>>38295173

To further add...
I'm assuming she got on drugs and went crazy.
Though I probably won't ever know considering she vanished with the guy.
But her behaviour before the end seems to be the logical conclusion.

But the whole saga we shared for like 15 years, as friends, enemies, lovers. Would of never happened had we not met on the internet as a LDR.

I've lightly dated girls here and there but nothing as real as that relationship ( hence we were almost married, bla bla )

But she specifically wrecked my life in a way that I am completely alone ( took the friends with her basically ).
So I have to start again. But at least I have my home. Which she tried to wreck as well from my life.

Hope she ODs or something. lol.
>>
>>38295173
i'm sorry man that sucks, good to hear you moved on though
>>38295244
ime they're becoming a lot more socially acceptable, half the girls in my normie-tier friend group were in an online relationship that started online or had been in one.
>>
>>38295283

Thanks man. Been a little over a year now.
One of the biggest reasons I didn't an hero was because that be what she wants.
I didn't cheat on her or do anything fucked up to make her hate me. She tried to paint me as a evil fucker though. I guess it pissed her off that near the end I knew it was coming and watched my tongue. She had a voice recorder on her at all times and was trying to get me on film being angry.
She was building a freaking court case on me and trying to set me up by getting me drunk and pissing me off.
So she could liquidate me, destroy me, and move on with her man in waiting. They both freakin planned it.
lol

Doubt she will ever come to 4chan but if she read this she would know who i am.
>>
I wouldn't call it a LDR (dont believe in them) but I talk to a qt Russian who is in love with me.

We skype most days (usually between 1-2 hours) and because I'm actually learning the language there is always unlimited content to discuss.
>>
you will probably get your heart broken, not many women are capable of really loving you without you physically being there for her
>>
>>38294279
I think the Naked Brother's Band put it best, OP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfBc97meSUQ
>>
>>38295319

Now when I look back I can see why she wanted to marry me. And kept bringing up dates on when we should. Thank kek I was too busy to go through with it.
She wanted my shit. ( i'm not poor. not rich. but i have things ).
Bitch got impatient and executed her plan.
I told her days before she executed her plan she was horrible at manipulating people.
I could see through the fake tears. Just didn't know what was coming was actually a pretty big plan. thank god for autistic foresight and paranoia.
god i hope that bitch gets fucked over. lol
>>
Had a long distance gf.
Basically I didn't want kids and she did want them.
And she was rather crazy all believing in silvia brown a con artist. She was some type of hippy christian believing in good angels and stupid stupid shit.
She cheated on me after 2 years with a guy from iran.
I wanted to cut contact but, she kept messaging me. made a new email and told me. she's pregnant with his baby.

I got so mad. I told her that I hope she dies in child birth. I told her that I worship satan and feel at one with the devil or some other edgy teenage bullshit (was and currently atheist)

for clarity we were both teenagers in the early 2000's.

I hate her.
>>
>>38295588

Good for you man. Hopefully she's miserable.

origigiginigs
>>
>>38295283

when you say online do you mean like international online?

I find that hard to believe, I've never met a person IRL who has been in one besides me
>>
>>38294279
I broke up with my ldr gf of 6 months last week
Feels pretty fucking bad man
>>
>>38294279
ive been enjoying one for the better part of 6 months now. its been pretty good imo. up until just recently it gave me motivation to take care of myself and better my life. its all kinda crashing down now that he wants to meet though, i like it how it is but he doesnt. qq
all i can do is hope it goes well now
>>
>>38295880
Why did you break up with her?

Originally not original
>>
File: SlasherSmile.jpg (40KB, 342x267px) Image search: [Google]
SlasherSmile.jpg
40KB, 342x267px
>>38294279

>Anyone still do long distance relationships?

I wish, Anon. I feel like it's my only chance, since my country seems to have no fembots whatsoever, but even LDR doesn't appear to be an option for me
>>
>>38297102
No fembots? Where are you from?
>>
>>38297112
Netherlands, though any non-anglo place is terrible to be a robot in tbqh
>>
>>38297209
It's probably because all of the Dutch girls are too hot to use 4chan. Sorry dude. Why not try LDR? Too pointless?
>>
>>38297305
I tried, but I can't even find anyone online. Timezone doesn't help either, I guess.

And girls here really don't seem all that hot compared to elsewhere. Hell, I've traveled p much, and girls of the same generic ethnicity don't really differ all that much anywhere
>>
>>38295673
yeah, one of my friends just got married bc her bulgarian bf moved to the us for her and another (us to norway) just got engaged.
>>
File: 34433.gif (354KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
34433.gif
354KB, 250x250px
>>38294279
yeah, I'm from central Europe, my girl's from HK
call it bullshit but I feel like it can be a bit more genuine than irl
also pretty cool because you get a good build up for when you meet up
>>
>>38297338
Have you tried ldr with any femanons? there seems to be quite a few
>>
>>38297432
Shit man, hook me up and I'll be eternally grateful. I'd hoped to get into contact with a couple of them from those vocaroo threads, but that never worked out unfortunately
>>
File: 1486940239613.gif (60KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1486940239613.gif
60KB, 540x540px
I have a steambf and he's been a huge positive influence in my life. I've made his life better too.

I'm a poorfag, so I can't fly to Norway to visit him often, but LDR can work if you both love each other a ton.
>>
>>38297485
Are you OP from the vocaroo threads? You should contact me. [email protected]
>>
>>38297617
Oh gosh. Done!
>>
>>38297617
i emailed you cause i think i know you..im the discord guy btw
>>
>>38298021
If you're gonna pose as someone, you really shouldn't do so with the one guy whose voice has been all over /r9k/, anon
>>
>>38295269

Not necessarily. He's a DUDE after all.
>>
>>38294279
Im in one right now
>girl adds me
>lives in the US while i live in the UK
>think nothing of this but continue talking to her
>eventually she says she loves me and wants to meet
>says she will visit me in the UK if i want her to
>agree to it
>she is coming to visit next month with her friend (girl)
>i made plans to visit her in december
>she begged me not to cheat on her and tell her if i want to break up
>she said she had a boyfriend when we started talking but she broke up with him for me
Idk im kinda scared of cheating and such but she wouldnt be so willing to visit me right? We talk daily and skype and webcam sometimes. She is everything ive ever wanted in a girl and if we are still together next year im willing to move to her and live in the US since ive always wanted to and i feel like its my only chance.
>>
File: 1487474245034.jpg (810KB, 1625x2045px) Image search: [Google]
1487474245034.jpg
810KB, 1625x2045px
>>38294279
>Had some great relationships that never became "real" but at least it felt pretty real.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SVJ_0P4W6Y
>>
I had a LDR, euro/us and it worked out for 7 years. Added together maybe two of those years we were physically living with eachother.

Sometimes it got quite emotionally draining, but I scratch that done more to her mental problems (depression and BPD, both rather mild versions from what I gather)
It is harder to keep up than other relationships in some ways, like communication, being fair enough to not just ghost eachother over fights etc. but it can be done if both really want it.
We ended breaking up due to people dying making us both end up with dependent family that would not be able to cope with transplanting.
We still talk and are very much in a BFF situation now, which is a lot more then I can say about any of my more standard relationships.
>>
File: 1478565339908.png (47KB, 632x852px) Image search: [Google]
1478565339908.png
47KB, 632x852px
>>38294279
I've had a few, the only way to really meet shut ins and girls that are actually into anime and other shit is through the internet and they're never actually near. It's never worked though pretty much every one has gone the same route, we start off good talking constantly, eventually start talking about how we wish we could actually see each other, realize that we won't be able to for a long time, suddenly the relationship becomes less real and the conversations slowly but inevitably taper off and we just kind of passively ghost each other. I feel like real LDRs can only work if you have some sort of plan to eventually meet after a certain amount of time, otherwise you're not really getting anything out of it you couldn't get out of a regular internet friend and the novelty of it will eventually fade.
>>
im in one right now. it hurts being unable to get physical but otherwise its really nice and comfy

>whine
i judt want a hug bohoo
>>
>>38299835
actually i dont even know if its a ldR. we call each other bf and gf but maybe its not serious.
>>
2.5 years here
only normies and/or manchildren can't LDR because of muh physical contact, or memers because of muh cuckoldry. it's not easy, but if neither of you are being an untrusting asshole to each other, it can work

going home and meeting up after months of LDR is one of the best things i've ever felt
>>
Since I just fucked up my post field I'll describe it with less details

>1yr LDR, we see each other for like one or two weeks every one or two months
>she needs constant attention
>get injured, put into hospital, can't talk to her for two days
>she decides it's time to skip school, hang out with some dude for two days straight (though this was online)
>dumps me after I contact her again after two days, tells me I don't seem to give a fuck about our relationship even though I was fucking injured and in pain
>turns out later that she had that dude over at her's the very next week (dude lives about 5-10 hours away)
>starts hitting on one of my mates about a month later
>when I confronted her later about some other shit she has been pulling, she went all "duhuhuh I've been so lonely and I don't do shit with anyone else and I don't want a relationship right now and you're the most important person in my life :( oh also your mate hit on me"
>too bad my mate had the fucking conversation logs

Long story short that's what I get for starting a LDR with some 4/10 landwhale whore. I don't even give a fuck about her being fat, maybe a bit at first but I actually fell in love with her fucking character as I could just actually be myself without having to change anything. And that's apparently what I get for it. Fuck man, I'm getting all angry and sad even writing about this shit.
>>
>>38300352
Oh and don't forget about the shit she pulled afterwards like
>let's be friends, you're so important to me, at least with you I can be myself :(
Well too bad bitch, you didn't talk to me even once after three weeks even though I tried to stay in contact once every few days at least. So I eventually asked her what the fucking point of such a friendship is, what she gains from it or what I gain from it, we don't live near each other, we don't talk to each other unless I initiate it and we don't even play any vidya with each other anymore. She's distant as shit all the time and it's driving me insane.
The answer?
>you are going too fast, I need more time to get used to this situation
What the fuck, it was three weeks at that point, how much more fucking time can you need
>>
>>38294279
No such thing. You can get airline tickets round trip to and from anywhere in the US for like $250. A flight from LA to NY is only 5 hrs. Even if the other person is overseas it's almost equivalent to them living 500 miles away.
>>
>become a cute transgirl's internet mommygf
>put up with lies and being put down sometimes
>give her all the love and support I possibly could ever give anyone
>actually do my best to do a lot for her
>I'm not perfect but I try my best
>get a job to fly and go see her
>get dumped about a month before I am to see her anyway because none of this is enough I guess

Honestly I just wish she would have told me she never really wanted me sooner. You can tell irl, but it's easy to fool someone online
>>
am in one right now. you have to be invested enough to make real sacrifices and changes for each other. he's flying across the ocean in december to come see me for three months.
>>
I'm in the middle of trying to have one but I have two friends who are married now cause to nice girls via online LDRs
>>
>be latin underagefag
>browse cringy pages, like anime streaming services
>meet a fake emo girl who's clingy as shit and is not freaked out by my teenage edgyness
>two days later she asks me to be her boyfriend
>?!?
>it's cool for like two months
>then she suddenly dissappears
>try to track her down, 16 y/o self was okay at doxing
>get to talk to her a couple more times but at this point she's just running away from me
>eventually lose all contact, genuinely miss her and care about her cuz first actual relationship with a "girl" ever
>desu im not sure if she even was a girl
>try to get a studentship to the states to find her
>take english courses, train for TOEFL, finish high school
>halfway through i realize it's not worth it, she was always lieing and whatnot about everything.
>7 years later I still haven't had another gf have had a couple guys tho

LDRs, not even once.
>>
>>38297495
opal out
>>
I met the biggest psychopath ever on r9k omegle. It was a horrendous relationship. Anyone want the story?
>>
File: 1499069305945.jpg (67KB, 580x345px) Image search: [Google]
1499069305945.jpg
67KB, 580x345px
they are a meme. Stacy cheats on you every time. I would rather chop my balls off and become celibate than get involved in another one of these. Think about it, Long distance relationships are just like IRL ones except theres less emotional attachment for the roastie and more opportunities to cheat. I legitamately feel bad for any other robot who falls for the "long distance" jew.
Youre better off spending your time like pic related if youre really that lonely and too scared to kill yourself.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.