[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Real life is shit. People say you need to enjoy fiction sparingly,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

Real life is shit.

People say you need to enjoy fiction sparingly, to concentrate on real life and improving things there. But it's shit, in real life:

>Friends are flaky, they'll talk shit behind your back or blow you off all the time
>Women are untrustworthy and slutty, even the ones who seem decent aren't a sure bet since all it takes is one drunken mistake
>Nothing worth mentioning ever happens to most people, you take shit from everyone around you day in day out and fill your days with meaningless routine

FUCK THAT. I spend as much time as I possibly can immersing myself in fiction. Video games, anime, books, movies, music. It's the only way to cope with the misery of reality, my disappointment with other people and the harsh dullness of life.
>>
bump

It's 6:40am already wake up you fucks
>>
>>38292026
p legit, but you're never gonna find the good people by being shitty too

p much equivalent to a prisoners dilemma situation
>>
>>38292026
>>Friends are flaky, they'll talk shit behind your back or blow you off all the time

I did this to a """"friend""", a guy I had known in college. He kept going after girls that were obviously keeping him on the hook (usually had boyfriends too). He was too wishy washy and he only ever talked about stuff that happened in high school.
>>
File: 1494302617973.jpg (57KB, 497x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494302617973.jpg
57KB, 497x600px
>>38292026

A part of you would rather not. That part of you that's disappointed with how things are.
>>
>>38292902
>p legit, but you're never gonna find the good people by being shitty too

True, the one friend I have I met through blind luck online. But that's like 1 person out of the thousands I've met in my life who turned out to be a decent person AND enjoyed hanging out with me as much as I did with them.

>>38292930
Nothing wrong with excising someone from your life. I cut off all contact with my family because I don't like them as people. Blood doesn't mean shit if you're a cunt.

>>38292948
I'm not saying immersing myself in fiction is perfect but it's preferable to dealing with real life. I'd rather watch anime than attempt to make a female want to fuck me
>>
File: 1452395426766.jpg (698KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1452395426766.jpg
698KB, 1920x1200px
>>38292026
I'm not disagreeing with you. I just argue that you'd be better served creating your own fiction rather than just consuming. Do as much as you need to in order to keep your life situation and your flesh secure and then devote the rest towards creating a paracosm (like Middle Earth for LotR). Make music, sketches, animations, novels, etc. Make backstories, paintings, and local fairy tales. Give the characters motivations and fears. Flesh out the previous generation and the next. Read the work of others to see what they're doing. Improve your ability to compose music and sketch characters. Brainstorm and go off on tangents and try unique ways to get inspiration. Spend 10,000 hours crafting a world that is better than the one you actually live in.

You probably won't get that gray, lifeless feeling you do when you just consume mindlessly.
>>
And there's nothing wrong with that, OP. Dare people to stop you, if you play your cards right, they won't be able to.
>>
>>38292026
Keep running in the fantasy world my friend. But when it gets bad know that you can make it better. Also know that no one is dull, they just didnt tell the whole story. Later anon
>>
>>38293120
I've always wanted to do something like that but I never know where to start or how to make a solid base.

>>38293143
It makes normies so fucking butthurt. They can't handle somebody enjoying themselves in a way that isn't spending Fridays clubbing and the rest of the week at a miserable dead end job they hate.
>>
>>38293217
Is there any creative outlet you like more than the others? I'd try to start with one of the three most basics: drawing, music, and writing. Set a 20 minute timer and try to be doing actionable content for the entire time. Do that 3 times a week. You should have some sort of spark of creativity after 5-10 rounds.

For me, I could write a lot better than I could play music. I sucked at both, but I could listen to music while I wrote but I couldn't listen to music while I was playing music.
>>
>>38293340
I was praised for my short stories in school, I guess I'll start with writing

thanks anon
>>
>>38293120
Not OP but I wish I had motivation to do this. I tried drawing, writing, and music production but didn't stick with any for longer than a few weeks. Nowadays I spend countless hours daydreaming about fictional happenings, but it certainly leaves you with that gray feeling when you "return" to reality.
>>
>>38293504
Having no imagination sucks balls
>>
bump

Currently playing The Last Guardian, it's great and it's nice to play around in a world that's actually original and interesting
>>
>>38292026

Reminds me of japanese cyber cafe's

Hikikomori and people literally dying at their computer.

Virtual reality etc i wish i'd been born later

Anyway i agree
>>
File: 1499489427678.jpg (115KB, 946x341px) Image search: [Google]
1499489427678.jpg
115KB, 946x341px
>>38292026
Unrealistic expectations due to overconsumption of escapist media made us unhappy. We marinated in escapist crack all our childhood, of course life is going to feel bland at best and usually tiring, worthless, disgusting.
>>
>>38292026
This.
In movies conversations are interesting, but whenever I hear people talking in real life it's the same mundane shit over and over again.
>>
>>38296144
>Unrealistic expectations
But it's not even that, most people are just rude, unfriendly, petty and selfish. The ones who are "nice" are fake as fuck and nosy.
>>
>>38296320
>But it's not even that, most people are just rude, unfriendly, petty and selfish. The ones who are "nice" are fake as fuck and nosy.
But it's exactly that. I'm telling you that THIS is unrealistic expectations. You expect people to be nice, friendly, interesting and altruistic because you watched too many chinese cartoons.
>>
>>38296381
Yeah no, not everyone is awful and even without any expectations it's easy to be disappointed when you start to realize the truth
>>
>>38296381
Which is why I'd rather get lost in fiction.

People, not you, say to me "just get out there and do things with your life" but almost everyone I meet is a cunt in one way or another so why even bother? Why bother trying to be nice and a good person when no one else bothers?
>>
>>38296444
>>38296320
No one's perfect. Cliche, I know, but it seems like you've forgotten about this fact.
Remember that you're not perfect either.
>>
The problem is that in real life, all the spoils and rewards come from overcoming opposition, clearing a hurdle or winning a challenge. And that's fine. Sadly, it's often a lot more dangerous, and boring, than instant gratification.
>>
File: maslow-pyramid.jpg (26KB, 502x369px) Image search: [Google]
maslow-pyramid.jpg
26KB, 502x369px
I completely agree with you.

I realized that true happiness cannot be created by relying on people or luck.

True happiness is to have true abundance.
Abundance of resources, time, money, desired affection..everything. The easiest way to achieve this is to work hard on becoming successful.

Then just fulfill your needs (see maslow's hierarchy of needs)
>>
>>38296473
I can handle a compulsive liar or a guy who likes the bants a bit to much but most people either treat me with annoyance, disgust or petty bitterness. At which point fuck you because I'm not gonna waste my time on your bullshit.
>>
>>38296487
Most people seem to be struggling just to be fed and have a roof over their head, that's boring and miserable. In fiction people seek out adventure and excitement and they're good people with loyal friends.
>>
>>38292834
i go to sleep at 5 am, and wake up at 1 pm.

You can t sttop the neet power
>>
>>38296860
I'm not 16 anymore I can't handle those hours
>>
>>38296561
It's better than the other option that's for sure
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.