[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw the 90s aren't coming back >You no longer go

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (91KB, 720x490px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 720x490px
>tfw the 90s aren't coming back

>You no longer go into a game store and find something brand new and innovative.

>You can no longer go down to the arcade and find a new and awesome machine with mind blowing 3D graphics. Or find a new 2D game with the best smoothest sprite animation yet.

How do you deal with the fact that the 90s have passed and won't return. It's really difficult for me.
>>
File: 1479179171661.jpg (664B, 9x8px) Image search: [Google]
1479179171661.jpg
664B, 9x8px
>>38288877
>you will never again have an internet that's not choked to death with normie shit
that's what it really all boils down to for me
>>
File: 1492874740581.jpg (32KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1492874740581.jpg
32KB, 700x700px
>mfw OP's life and "nostalgia" is defined by consumerism and what he can buy from the jews
>>
>>38288926
>ywn be able to log onto an aol chat room and cyber with 9 year old girls
Why even wake up tomorrow
>>
>>38288877
Yeah good I don't miss them.

Back then, a whole lot of people didn't have video games at home so '>tfw retro games' is something that a lot of us never experienced, or if it was it was those shitty Tiger Electronic games or whatever games we could get from the discount bin of a rental store.

More importantly, almost no one had the internet so back then when you stayed up in your room by yourself, you were just up in your room by yourself. You didn't even have your own TV or computer up in your room to entertain yourself with because you didn't want to see anyone else in the house. You could just listen to the radio or re-read whatever your had that you had read a dozen times before.

The only thing that I miss, that carried over into the early 2000s, was the whole mallgoth nu-metal pop-punk mainstream alternative culture.

Now that was a place for a robot/cyborg. You could flawlessly mingle with failed normies and hook up with a practice gf no problem back then just because you were both into Rancid or NIN or Dropkick Murphys or Good Charlotte or Manson or Deftones or whatever else. Bring that back.

Arcades were cool too. Even if you had no money, you could just hang out and watch other people.
>>
>>38288926
>spending 45 minutes doing nothing as your one web browser with the one tab downloads a gif & your mom yells at you that she needs the phone

why would you want this
>>
>>38288877
what? You can live in the 90's, man, it's not even hard. Download emulators and roms and play NES, SNES and PS1 and N69 games all day long

download all your fav 90's shows. Fucking watch TNG and DS9 and all that good shit

I lived in the 90's during, like 2007 and 2008. I replayed FF1 to FF6. Good times
>>
>>38288993
I liked the arcades, for sure, those were the times.
>>
>>38289016
No social media, no twitter, no youtube, no phones. Sure it was a pretty awful experience. It was better because not nearly so many people were using it, and those that did skewed more technically-inclined. There's certainly more weird and wonderful stuff to be found on the net today than there was then, but because the world and his dog are on the web now the singal-to-noise ratio has dropped so far that it's a lot more difficult to find interesting things.

It kinda what >>38288993 alludes to. Mass internet adoption flattened out smaller subcultures. There used to be nerdy places where odd people could congregate and not be overwhelmed with normies normieing. Compare anime conventions now to anime conventions 10+ years ago for an example of this.
>>
>>38289030
I spent more hours watching other people play than I did play myself.

Which makes it weird when people my age are all OH THOSE KIDS AND THEIR YOUTUBE LET'S PLAYS THE WORLD DOESN'T MAKE SENSE ANYMORE

I mean we did that all the time, not just at arcades but also at friends' and other people's houses if they just just one remote or just a single player game or something.
>>
>>38288877
The '90s were great in many ways, but I wouldn't want to go back. Modern technology is too good.

Appreciate the past for what it was, but don't overly romanticize it.
>>
>>38289238
Yea, me too - I was always as broke as shit.

Here's some footage of an old arcade place up in Ohio I think.

https://youtu.be/C_-cBLQlB-A?t=439

If you haven't seen Dan Bells stuff on dead malls, it's quite something
>>
>>38289233
>but because the world and his dog are on the web now the singal-to-noise ratio has dropped so far that it's a lot more difficult to find interesting things.

I haven't had a single problem finding things that are relevant to my interests.

Just the opposite, 15 years ago all I could find was shitty fan pages and Real Media Player files, and 20 years ago it was impossible.

Now I can download everything I could ever want in the blink of an eye and not pay for it unless I want to.
>>
>>38289364
Sorry, I don't think I did the URL copy correctly.

The arcade stuff starts at around 7:19
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.