[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about people over 30 with nothing saved for retirement?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1499619671229.jpg (18KB, 426x483px) Image search: [Google]
1499619671229.jpg
18KB, 426x483px
How do you feel about people over 30 with nothing saved for retirement?
I work at a joint nursing home/assisted living home. There's the luxury side I work at and the other side for people on welfare. Most of the residents on my side are genuinely happy people. We go on trips to horse racing and stuff. We have happy hour once a week before dinner and Sunday brunch. These residents pay a 200k entrance free before rent and expenses. Then there's the other side. They eat basically bottom of the barrel slop. No outings, hardly any activities, no family comes to see them. A good amount are literally waiting in bed to die. All they have to do is puzzles while we have wii sports. Comparing the two, my side is in much better health. You can't walk 10 feet without passing someone who lost a leg to diabetes. There's very few diabetics on my side. There are no obese residents on my side. Money really does buy better health. I've can spend hours chatting with our residents. They're really interesting people. The poor people are eager to talk to anyone who won't walk away from them, like I do. They only reason I would ever sit down and chat with a poor resident is to find out where they fucked up in life to leave them here.
Sofrry for the rant. If you could experience this too, you would have such motivation to invest and save. One more thing. The smokers. These are some of the most suicidally depressed people you will ever see. The only receive $10 a month from their check and that's only good for one pack here. I've seen poor residents crawl into the trash can in the employee smoking area looking for butts to smoke. There's a group who are up all night, all in wheelchairs, all missing a leg. They literally face a brick wall, don't say a word to each other, and chain smoke hoping today is the day they die.
You see the difference for yourself, I promise you, you will take retirement seriously.
>>
>>38285242
I'm working my way to FIRE and I'm surprised this board isnt filled with robots with the same goals. It's the fast track to comfortable NEETdom while being self reliant.
>>
>>38285242
Implying I'll be alive until retirement. Lol you fucking normee fuck off
>>
It's not just retirement, it's life in general. You have to take care of your health, your relationships, your finances, your appearance, etc. all the time, always, forever.

When you totally give up on some aspect of your life, the harder it is to bounce back as time passes.
>>
The wise thing to do is to kill yourself when you get too useless to wipe your ass and become the wrinkly equivalent of a baby again.

Since most of us have grown up on vidya and computers, it will one day be a reality where you can no longer have control and good reflexes to enjoy them. It would just be horrible to spend years in one of those places.
>>
File: 1499464462959.jpg (107KB, 450x360px) Image search: [Google]
1499464462959.jpg
107KB, 450x360px
>>38285242
>wage cuck with 2 jobs half the year
>rent out a single cubicle room with shared utilities to pay less rent
>save around 2000 per month
>25k saved up after 17 months
cant wait to have enough to buy a house in the middle of no where and never see people again.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.