[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job Interview advice and wagie stories

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

File: 0T89LKK.png (206KB, 991x672px) Image search: [Google]
0T89LKK.png
206KB, 991x672px
Alright /r9k/, tomorrow is my first job interview ever and I'm nervous as fuck. I am currently at uni, but decided to get a light work to get some money while i study.
I am not that nervous about the interview itself, but since I'm kinda autist, what I'm scared the most is about not finding the place where the interview is and look like a retard + lose the place.
Any advice you guys can give me on my interview? Also, how not to panic if i don't find the place?
Feel free to give advice and share your experiences in your job interviews and also on your first day ever being a wagie :^)
>>
File: handshakedad.jpg (12KB, 211x300px) Image search: [Google]
handshakedad.jpg
12KB, 211x300px
>>38258060
"Son, it's simply a matter of walking in there like you own the place, speaking with the manager, giving him a firm handshake, and telling him you want the job. Easy-peasy."
>>
File: pathetic.jpg (29KB, 529x529px) Image search: [Google]
pathetic.jpg
29KB, 529x529px
>be me
>get laid off from my job
>drink for a week on severance pay
>finally decide I should get a new job
>edit resume for a half hour
>send it out
>get a call the same day to come in for an interview
>go to it and have no problems because I'm not a fucking idiot sperg
>get new job

did that help? Christ you manbabies are insufferable.
>>
Afraid to get lost,
Visit the place (without entering ofc) b4 the interview. That way you'll be in time. Asking for directions isn't a bad idea either as you create a window for a conversation starter with your employer: exam. 'I asked for some help to find the place as it's my first time around these parts. Area looks really nice'.

Style,
Business casual works fine. Depending on the weather.
Warm, dark blue jeans or some brown/lightbrown chinos combined with an white oxford blouse and some white neutral sneakers/brown leather shoes. Match the belt in same color as shoes (when wearing leather) to gain even more points.

Interview.
Handshake and introduce yourself when meeting the employer! Cannot stress this more.
Prepare some questions ahead. Why do you want to work there and why should they hire you. Simple answer that ur studying and could use some extra cash is just fine, as they like educated people over retards so just stick with that.

That said, good luck bro. I own my own company that trains people with this kind of stuff. You're miles ahead of most of my clients :)

Greets from the nonrobot r9k lurker
>>
>>38258170
>not a sperg
Dude this is /r9k/ obviously there is people with autism and insecurities, i don't know where the fuck you think you were posting. If you don't like it here maybe you should gtfo
>>
>>38258236
no, there's just weak willed idiots.
>>
>>38258060

Yes!

There's three things to do or not do, depending on your taste and personality.

A) Head out today and familiarize yourself with where it is.

B) Leave 40 minutes- an hour early, on top of your transit time-- bring a book so you don't have to twiddle your thumbs if you find it without a problem.

This is your very first interview ever? if you like to dress sharp, now's your chance. Do you have any formal wear? Not a tux, but maybe a dress shirt and a tie, with either blue jeans or dress pants
>>
If you are able to drink alcohol beforehand it will help you relax. Be sure to use cologne and brush your teeth to get rid of the smell. Go into it with the mindset that you have nothing to lose and they are the ones that need someone to keep their business going. Explain your situation and be honest. Act like you really want the work but don't need it
>>
>>38258215
Also, send your interviewers personalized thank you e-mail within 24-48 hours of the interview.

But nothing beats that handshake, though.
>>
>>38258170

Did you neglect to read the part where he said it was his first interview?

Have another whiskey buddy, and spare your bad mood for someone who actually deserves it.
>>
>>38258266
If it's a real job, you might want to speak briefly with the other folks there as long as it doesn't interfere with their job -- secretaries, etc. Shows you give a shit, and you may even get some valuable intel about what you're getting yourself into.
>>
File: 245.jpg (74KB, 1333x900px) Image search: [Google]
245.jpg
74KB, 1333x900px
>>38258262
Not OP, but you sound like a typical normie summerfag. GET OUT OF MY BOARD REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>38258060
Good luck OP, just bee yourself :^) nah, but dont worry, try not to spill spaghetti and everything will be alright
>>
File: 1499298313680-r9k.png (98KB, 355x266px) Image search: [Google]
1499298313680-r9k.png
98KB, 355x266px
>>38258284
A firm handshake?
>>
>>38258215
>>38258266
>>38258284
>>38258336
>>38258271
Thanks for your advice guys! Will try to do the best I can with what you said,
I guess I'll go out 1 hour earlier to be in time and check the area. I'd like to go now, but it's kinda late here.
I thought of wearing a dark blue shirt and white suit trousers. Not sure about a tie though. Do you think that'll work out? Good thing too is that I already had a haircut last week, so I look more chadly than i used to.
Also will try the famous handshake and check if the meme is real kek
>>38258271
Yeah usually alcohol calms me, but not sure to do that on a first interview, scared to fuck it up
>>
>>38258060
depends on what kind of job it is, is it retail or fast food or something like that?
>>
>>38258535
Nah, it's about assisting at an office, like carry package, maintenance of stuff, etc.
>>
>first real job as software dev
>multiple million-line code bases for obscure hardware
>virtually no documentation or support
>expected to figure out everything on your own
>most questions answered with "well what does the code do/what did the previous code do"
>no one answers emails
>no one you can reach out to for support
>have to spend all my free time just to barely get any work done
>constantly in fear of being fired
>parents don't give a shit my job is insufferable and tell me to get out more to have fun
>stupid cunts at work who arent devs keep ribbing me about not being outgoing enough when i tell them i didnt do anything over the weekend
>manager always assigns the most fucked up work to me with stupid deadlines, seasoned devs there just seem to fuck about on the same thing for ages
>have to stay here because its my first job and i need experience

I hope you anons get a great job and never end up in a steaming shitpile you can't escape from like me. At least as a NEET I was learning stuff I liked on my own and being somewhat productive even if I wasn't making any money. I hope the people responsible for making the project I'm on such a shit heap all burn.
>>
File: 1435631375714.jpg (44KB, 825x960px) Image search: [Google]
1435631375714.jpg
44KB, 825x960px
>>38258060
record yourself giving a fake interview or 'elevator speech' then watch the video and don't do the non-normie things you see in the video
>>
>>38258723
what a smug girl
>>
>miss a day of work
>get fired
>>
>>38258060
Give em'
A
F i r m H a n d s h a k e
>>
File: 1473617516887.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1473617516887.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
>>38258682
fuck, I'm about to graduate in IT in September and I gues I'll have to find a job as a developer somewhere. Don't scare me anon. I even suck at coding
>>
File: 1494096536713.png (469KB, 663x715px) Image search: [Google]
1494096536713.png
469KB, 663x715px
I landed a 94k Nursing job as my first job this past February (New York City). The way the job market is in burgerclap land and in Europe (taking an educated guess) if you even get called in for the interview you've passed the shit test already.

So long as you don't come off like a weirdo or arrogant(confidence is different than arrogance) you will be fine.

Also always spin the "whats your biggest weakness" question into a positive. Example- oh I wasn't very good at public speaking in high school and my early college years but I enrolled in a public speaking course and now I try my hardest to put myself in situations that allow me to improve my public speaking.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.