[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Social Anxiety

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 12

File: cutelittlebaby.jpg (289KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
cutelittlebaby.jpg
289KB, 720x960px
Who /social anxiety/ here?

I'm in my mid twenties and scared of going outside alone. When a stranger talks to me I plaster a dumbass fake smile on my face and compulsively giggle every few minutes. I can't drive because I'm scared of other drivers yelling at me.
>>
Sorry man, you're on the wrong board. /r9k/ isn't for socially anxious people.

Everyone here is just a quirky normie. Just visit any vocaroo or trap thread.
>>
>>38206933
Nah, there's plenty of mentally ill people here. How else would you explain all the incels complaining about women?
>>
You should have just posted

>DAE SOCIAL ANXIETY
>>
>>38206956
The fuck is a dae
>>
>>38206908
I have social anxiety. My worst problem is that when I get anxious, my heart starts to go crazy. It's hell for me because I go to uni and I can't follow lessons without getting a tachycardia, and I end up not being able to follow properly.
All these fucking normalfags. I'm sorry, OP, this place is getting worse by the day. Robots need to do something about this.
>>
>>38207144
I used to get so nervous I would cry in class.

I think the "no true scotsman" people are worse than the normalfags.
>>
the only cure to social anxiety is to force yourself to participate in social situations
>>
Lots of people are very much like this dude dont worry about it your not alone just improve your social skills it takes time but they are called SKILLS for a reason you can gain them and learn how to be more social I mean your talking here I know its the internet but still your asking people about this soooo im happy for you dude keep going anyone can do it legit just try to talk to people find the ones that are like you first and then it become easier to talk to anyone.
>>
>>38207000
through rational thought im lead to believe 'do you even'
im not 100%
>>
>tfw pack of extremely loud dudebros outside

The beach is literally 100 metres away fucking go there it's your natural habitat I need to leave my house
>>
>>38207351
I was literally Tomoko in school. I got better in uni, but not enough to not catch depression again. Haven't made a single friend. I'm all alone now and I have no motivation to continue.
>>38207361
This is a meme. I tried and it didn't work.
>>
File: tumblr_nn3dv1gkce1titub2o1_400.jpg (35KB, 396x388px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nn3dv1gkce1titub2o1_400.jpg
35KB, 396x388px
>>38207407
I only now realized they're in the house next to me, probably rented for the weekend or longer. Fuck this.
>>
>>38207455
how do you explain it working for tons of other people?
maybe they just didn't give up before they made progress like you did?
>>
I'm still wondering what those bugs are. Same as the chip bag pic isn't it?
>>
Yup NEET of 4 years with social anxiety, only made it 100 times worse. Turned me from being pretty confident and assertive to being a beta fuck. Why did this have to happen to me bros? I'm constantly overthinking everything to the point it's making me go insane
>>
>>38207476
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_isopod

got you, senpai
>>
>>38206908
The only way to conquer fear is to let it wash over you time and time again. And when you realize you are still standing after the ordeal the waves will simply move around the pier that is your will. Then you explore.
>>
>>38207506
But I don't want to feel those feels of having a panic attack, it just makes you feel depressed for the whole day after having one.
>>
>>38207475
It means that tons of other people just have meme anxiety.
It's just how my brain works. I've had social anxiety since I was a kid.
>>
File: 1498841685497.jpg (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1498841685497.jpg
16KB, 400x400px
I have social anxiety
feels social retarded man
>>
>>38207534
>other people have meme anxiety, I'm not lazy I swear

yes most people with social anxiety disorder have it start when they are children. Keep lying to yourself though and you'll stay the miserable failure you are.
>>
>>38207000
"Does anyone else." It's a circlejerk tem on reddit that was used unironically years ago before even they realized how dumb it was. They had an entire subreddit where every post had a title like "DAE think weed should be legal"
>>
>>38207455
I was Tomoko too. I was scared of the students but terrified of the teachers, so scared I'd often not turn in my homework if it required going up to the teacher's desk. Grew up to be a dysfunctional psychotic NEET.
>>
File: 300px-Doritopods.jpg (11KB, 300x174px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Doritopods.jpg
11KB, 300x174px
>>38207503
Taank yuu!
>>
>It's an anon goes to cvs and has to ask an employee for help finding vaguely feminine skincare products episode
Somebody save me from this hell
>>
>>38207549
>Keep lying to yourself
I thought I was normal until a few months ago. I had never complained about my life. I always thought it was just part of my personality, but I was being delusional about it.
>>38207574
>knowing this much about reddit
You have to go back.
>>38207601
I was shaking when teachers called me to the blackboard. I got called "sheep" by a girl in my class. I was a very easy bully target. Fortunately, nobody was dick enough to bully me too much.
>>
>>38207531
You have to run the gambit of your life and find out why it's happening. Then level with yourself to how it happened and then what can be done.
>>
File: aisha.png (149KB, 297x400px) Image search: [Google]
aisha.png
149KB, 297x400px
I used to skip school constantly. People always assume kids who skip school are abuse victims and teens who skip school are dealing drugs, but I was just staying holed up in the basement playing JRPGs. I changed schools several times and even hopped countries once or twice to avoid being taken away from my family since truancy is a big deal in the land of the free. I've been a fuckup since kindergarten.
>>
>>38207715
I feel you family. I went through 8 different schools before I dropped out for good at 17 and just got a ged. I literally hid in a closet in my room allday at times just to stay home, just playing on my psp, legit had a pissthermos and everything. Robots are truly shaped by compromises.
>>
>>38207474
>even more just arrived
>>
>>38207827
just go find the lead alpha and punch him in the face then as the herd cowers tell them to keep down the goddamn noise
>>
File: no.png (1MB, 921x800px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
1MB, 921x800px
I used to skip one class because I nearly had panic attacks the whole day till that class started, I used to go to that class less than five times a year, luckily the teacher didn't mind students skipping it and let them pass. I also randomly have anxiety attacks throughout the day, it gets hard even going to the barber or outside alone.

When you have severe depression on top of that it gets so bad sometimes I start thinking I won't be able to pass the day, it's hell.
>>
>>38207921
have you considered getting professional help?
it is clearly affecting your life negatively
>>
>>38208048
I'm too anxious to do that and I don't wanna be a junkie for the meds.
>>
>>38208460
what is the alternative?
SAD is one of the most common and most effectively treated mental illness. It sucks that it wasn't addressed while you were a kid, but it wasn't and now you have to take action if you want to escape it. The meds don't really even work, it is the behavior therapy and training yourself to rethink social landscapes that will be the way out. At least watch documentaries or videos on it, go to websites. It is a something that you can fix, and if you don't things will stay the same and your life will pass you by.
>>
How do you perform on a daily basis? Do you sometimes manage to look like a retard to others?

Serious question.
>>
>>38208610

Anon can you summarise some advice or techniques for the SADies here?
>>
>>38207495
You don't have social anxiety fucking faggot.

I want to strangle every stupid mother fucker who says they "Developed" SA after being confident at any point in their life.
>>
>>38207715
>>38207794
I used to do the same thing my dudes. I'm 99% sure it's because we were born with AVPD.
>>
I have BPD and a fuck ton of social anxiety. Only time I can be myself is with friends, otherwise I stay indoors all day waiting for friends to hop on discord. Can't leave the house without someone "supervising" or hanging around me just to make sure I don't do something I'm not supposed to. Why does leaving the house seem so scary
>>
>>38208610
I learned this one the hard way, used to take Xanax constantly to deal with my panic attacks. Stopped 2 years later and guess what, anxiety is even worse and I lost like 20 IQ points. So now I'm anxious and stupid to boot. Never use benzos they will fuck your life up and they don't change "you" if that makes sense
>>
File: 1499348335513.jpg (115KB, 419x430px) Image search: [Google]
1499348335513.jpg
115KB, 419x430px
Is worrying about how everyone thinks of you (mostly appearance-wise) a symptom?

t. somewhat decent looking friendless-since-childhood khhv
>>
I`ve been diagnosed with social anxiety 1 year ago. Nothing new, desu, i knew i had something. I regret not going sooner to a shrink. Thing is, it might be a pd(avpd). I`m supposed to seek another shrink to eliminate my fears but i dont have the energy to do that anymore.
>>
>>38206908
25 now still scared going outside alone
>>
>>38209058
Like everyday? Have you ever felt like that every time you went to school, local mall? Do you feel permanently judged from head to toes everywhere you go?
>>
File: 1498527703135.png (335KB, 456x522px) Image search: [Google]
1498527703135.png
335KB, 456x522px
>>38209594
Considering I spent a lot of bathroom breaks at work looking at myself in the mirror, covering my face at times when there's a lot of people, feel pain behind my eyes and never get my picture taken, I'd say yeah. It's gotten even worse after I lost weight and got better. I've gotten even more insecure too. Is the only recourse to not give a fuck about integrating into society at all? I feel so relaxed whenever I do convince myself that I don't care an d people probably don't care about me.

I hate the notion of taking a pill to correct an ill of character rather than a physical one.
>>
>>38209058
>>38209757
hello my fellow body dysmorphia friend
>>
File: 1486262605105.jpg (9KB, 199x130px) Image search: [Google]
1486262605105.jpg
9KB, 199x130px
I'm terrified of interacting with people I don't know (basically just my parents), I get nervous days in advance and come up with a script of exactly what to say. Then when the time comes I panic and forget the script. When I do manage to say something it comes out in a complete monotone because I can only express myself anonymously on the internet.

Fucking kill me, every day is a nightmare and I can't wake up
>>
>>38209757
Perusona!!
>>
>>38206908
"social anxiety" is a gayass term used by normies who don't know psychology, have no clue how human body functions and who are just dumb as fuck in general.
>>
>>38212560
social anxiety disorder is a psychological term, you dumbie
>>
>>38206908
I have horrible anxiety and get panic attacks whenever I see someone in the distance or especially when my phone rings. My Chad brother is one of those "le shy socially awkward introvert nerd XD" people.
>>
>>38206908
I don't have trouble talking to people, but just being around strangers in public puts me on edge. I can't relax. Maybe that's natural and useful to some extent.
>>
by 25 I almost completely grew out of it, getting a job helped a lot. But it still comes back when I hang around normies and attractive girls, then its back to square one.
>>
File: me.png (111KB, 612x720px) Image search: [Google]
me.png
111KB, 612x720px
>>38206908
be me, 26.
Haven't left house for past 5 years, only for doctors or other important appointments.
Left all my "friends" behind, only speak to my family.
Moved across the country so I could be alone.
Only recently I have started going back outside a few times a week for exercise. My closest neighbour is over 4 miles away so I never see anyone when I go for a walk. Still get panic attacks though because generalised anxiety fag.
FML.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.