[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else here can't speak proper English even though it's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

Who else here can't speak proper English even though it's their first language?

>tfw I say shit like "catched" instead of caught and other similar fuck ups
>>
>>38204758
Broken English is cute to me
>>
>>38204819
That's great, unfortunately most people interoperate it as a clear sign of retardation
>>
>>38204897
Just read everything, from signs on the street to the back of your cereal box, basic stuff like that helped me learn English
>>
What the fuck is wrong with you? Why do you do that?
>>
>>38204758
>>tfw I say shit like "catched" instead of caught and other similar fuck ups
How can that be if english is your first language?
Are you mentally retarded?
>>
At least you know how to use apostrophes.
>>
File: 4L_0lzqGukY.jpg (95KB, 366x485px) Image search: [Google]
4L_0lzqGukY.jpg
95KB, 366x485px
>>38204758
>Be born in the UK
>Moved to America at 3
>Live in south Florida with everyone having New York and Hispanic accents.
>Mom has normal American accent and Dad is from Boston.

People say I have an accent and they ask me what it is. I straight up say I have no fucking clue.
>>
>complimented on my writing throughout my school career
>told i should be a writer of some sort
>it was suggested that i be put in AP english or history in hs but i shot it down
type like a damn nigga online tho lmfao not goin 2 college
>>
File: 3ft0Xjc.jpg (134KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
3ft0Xjc.jpg
134KB, 960x720px
ITT: A man who probably never read a book after graduating
>>
>>38204758
Are you, by chance, of african descent?
>>
Me. I think I had a mini-stroke or something a couple years ago which is why I can't speak English properly anymore. It really sucks not being able to speak your native language perfectly. It also sucks because I read a lot and my vocabulary is pretty large, but I still make basic errors like using the wrong preposition, or using the wrong article/determiner (e.g using the instead of a/an and vice-versa). I was also not a terrible student, and a lot of my teachers thought I was pretty smart.

I also really like reading and learning, but it's hard to stay motivated when you can't even speak your own native language properly. But when I get stressed out about it, I just play video games, or do something that doesn't involve language.
>>
I can't speak English because I've got holes in my teeth so I'm too afraid to open my mouth.
>>
>>38205175
Can you explain in more detail anon?
>>
>>38205186
Not much more to tell. I spent most of my life just trying to zone out on video games, alcohol, and soft drugs. I didn't eat when I didn't have to. I didn't shower when I didn't have to and I didn't brush my teeth when I didn't have to. If I wasn't going to see anyone on a particular day I'd just do nothing but zone out. I got really skinny and had some vitamin deficiencies that probably accelerated my tooth decay. But it's just your standard meth mouth without the meth. More video games, internet, booze, weed, and a lot of being too ashamed of seeing my family to even risk seeing their faces when trying to sneak into the kitchen to get a bite to eat or to the bathroom to piss and brush my teeth.
>>
>>38205261
That's not good anon, I hope they don't hurt too much
>>
>>38204758
Yeah I understand I used to say "Hurted" a lot. Just stop doing it.
>>
>>38204962
Bella thorne is the reason she is my waifu . she conquered her disability by doing just that.

Really makes you think when you can read with no problems but still think you've problems when you can't get a girlfriend.
>>
>>38205360
Doesn't she have dyslexia? And it's too bad she became so slutty, (or good depending on how you look at it)
>>
>>38205319
They actually don't. Not at all. Not sure why. But in terms of my confidence and my self-respect they're the most painful things in my life. They're irrefutable, physical evidence of my lack of willpower to the point of not even having some semblance of self-preservation.

It's no wonder why people think rotten teeth are so nasty. They can only be attained by someone who is so pathetic and lost and hopeless that they don't even take care of their own basic physical needs anymore. It's really a deserving punishment.
>>
>>38205437
I don't think anyone deserves to feel like that, have you considered replacements or something?
>>
>>38205484
>have you considered replacements
I have, but I'm nowhere near that point in my life financially. Not sure I ever will be.

At this point my most impulsive and immediate options are the plastic bag and a party time balloon helium tank strategy or just die as a lone wolf terrorist. Both are pretty extreme and sound edgy even for r9k, but I just don't see any realistic possible futures that I want anything to do with.
>>
Apparently people interpret things differently to how I intend them. I often feel like I'm in an episode of South Park or Seinfeld whenever I try to explain something. The same thing happens with just about everyone, though, so clearly it's me. I don't know how to fix this.
>>
>>38205632
My uncle had the same problem that you had, he wen to mexico and got his teeth replaced for pretty cheap there, but I doubt you'd want to do that. Have you considered getting a job with minimum social interaction? Like maybe washing cars or something simple like that and saving up?
>>
File: 1499326842995.jpg (41KB, 604x376px) Image search: [Google]
1499326842995.jpg
41KB, 604x376px
>Be polak
>my polish is shitty
>my english is shitty
>Stuck between dimensions
Guess this is what happens when you consume only english media and speak to other iliterate people online
>had to go to shop
>forgot how the thing i wanted was called in polish
>>
>>38206016
Are you me? The same has been happening to me for the past few years. I can't speak german properly anymore.. makes me feel like a retard when I can't say what I want in my native language. Especially since I was well spoken when I was younger.
>>
iktf. I'm quite shit at english I believe, I still get has/had/have wrong.
It isn't my first language but the one I mostly have to use in conversations both irl and online. I was good at hindi, my mother tongue,but now I'm really bad at it and don't know most terms for things.
However, when talking to native english speakers, I go into adrenaline overdrive, my autism activates and I can't keep track of the conversation. it just happens, blood rushes to my face and ears, I don't know what I'm talking about but it automatically happens, correctly. I do't stop for anything, don't stutter, don't have to actively think for the correct words to use. And it never fails me.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.