[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that morality without God is entirely pointless

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1488128247023.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1488128247023.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
Reminder that morality without God is entirely pointless and arbitrary.
>>
>entirely pointless and arbitrary

You mean like the whole rest of existence?
>>
>what is pragmatism
>>
>>38204015
Go tell helpful and kind people who don't believe in god how they are pointless and arbitrary. And not on the internet. The next time someone does something to help you, ask them if they believe in a theistic god. If they say no, tell them they are pointless and arbitrary. You will be even more alone than you are now. Hard to imagine but true. Fag.
>>
File: images.jpg (18KB, 360x361px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
18KB, 360x361px
>>38204015
That's some pretty bad bait man
>>
real nigga shit boyo
>>
I think we've done pretty well to create a set of ethics and laws in spite of god. Individual rights kick ass.
>>
Do you believe everyone who claims to be a prophet or the son of God?
>>
>>38204015
Morality is beneficial to survival. Chimps have their own form of morality, as do wolves and other wild animals.
>>
>>38204015
>>38204045
seriously this

kill yourself if you believe you have no purpose
>>
File: 43243634.jpg (12KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
43243634.jpg
12KB, 160x160px
Is that which is morally good commanded by God because it is morally good, or is it morally good because it is commanded by God?
>>
>>38204186
What's the purpose of suicide?
>>
Duh, humans are glorified animals.
>>
>>38204207
to end your meaningless existence which only serves to cause you suffering unless you work towards a purpose
>>
>>38204239
But orgasms amd food are nice
>>
>>38204257
so then there is or isn't a purpose to life?
>>
do you think god enjoys watching me suffer

i do
>>
>>38204267
What's the purpose of a tree or a rock? It's a nonsensical question.
>>
>>38204290
what are you arguing?
that life has things that get your dick straight so you should live?

you may as well be a dog
the concept of a human is to rise above natural urges. if you think life has no purpose, that's natural and you can continue to wallow in pitty, but the easiest out is at your local freedom store.
>>
>>38204239
Not him but what's the point in not feeling pain? If nothing has purpose, nothing is "bad". Just as there's no reason to live, there's no reason to die either. All assuming there is no God(s), of course.
>>
>>38204404
if you think life isn't an eternal struggle and you like starving to death, getting sunburn, or dying of atrophy, then by all means, lay out in the sun and do nothing because living is just so great and even just laying down for the rest of your life is ok.

I never argued there was good or bad, there's just your perception of what that means. If life is good to you, you keep trucking. If life is shit, you change it or fuck off.
>>
>>38204015
Daily reminder that even if there is a God then he could easily be a dick and there can be Gods even higher up and this is all probably just a simulation.
>>
>>38204015
Then you agree that the United States government, who are charged with representing "the land of the free" should only enforce ethics and should completely disregard morality?
>>
>>38204341
There's no such thing as "should".
>>
>>38204517
so we agree then
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.