[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever find yourself missing the early-to-mid 2000s, /r9k/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (16KB, 195x144px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 195x144px
Do you ever find yourself missing the early-to-mid 2000s, /r9k/? Before 2007 came along and completely ruined everything with the Big Bang Theory, iPhones, Tumblr, Autotune everywhere, the Great Recession, and mainstreaming of social media.
>>
You don't blame the year dummy 2007 just happened to be when the jews hit the reset button and the economy went to shit
>>
>>38191974
Never really thought of it like that until you posted this. But shit, anon, I really do. It seems like this quaint time where people had vidya and internet, but still went outside. Selfie culture didn't exist and nobody made posts about having a headache or what they ate for dinner.
>>
>>38191974
What do you miss most about it?
>>
>>38192291
Pepsi twist and sprite remix
>>
Yes I miss it everyday. Since 2007 my life has gotten shittier and shittier.
>>
>>38192474
What happened in 2007 that made your life get worse? Was it due tithe factors op mentioned
>>
>>38191974
>Pepsi Twist
Reminds me when my family used to be pretty high up with Pepsi and my dad would bring home cases of soda every day. Ironically enough, I actually hate soda because I was exposed to it at such a young age and the first taste was really off. Love me some Hawaiian Punch though.
>>
>>38191974
I remember being able to just put a game in my PS2 and play without waiting for updates or getting pestered to buy loot boxes. It can take hours for a PS4 game to update and if I decide to watch a movie to pass the time it goes even slower.
>>
>>38191974
Everything was so simple, you know? I was just a kid. There was nothing to worry about. Dad and mom were doing fine, my brothers and I would spend our summers playing vidya, backyard football, and going to the pool... I remember watching American Idol with my mom and bros every night, and it was just so comfy...

Then 2008 rolled around. With the recession, my dad lost his job. He and mom started fighting a lot. Turns out he cheated on her multiple times. He lived away for months at a time. My older brother went to college. My younger brother and I grew distant. Gradually lost my friends because of depression and other factors. Now there's just a hole in my life. I don't talk to my family. I don't have friends. My personality lies behind a cage. I speak with a monotone voice. I look like I'm just watching the world go by.

I want to go back.
>>
Yes 2006 was the final year with a genuine feeling to it

Ive talked to other people Irl and even they feel the same
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.