[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I'm being bullied in school >I wish school bullies

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 12

File: 1499333140609.jpg (49KB, 777x447px) Image search: [Google]
1499333140609.jpg
49KB, 777x447px
>I'm being bullied in school
>I wish school bullies would just die
>AY YO LIGHT HOL' UP
>YOU CAN'T JUST GO AROUND KILLIN' NIGGAS

Death Note: USA
>>
I forget that this is actually going to be a thing.
>>
The only reason I want to watch this trash is to see Willem Defoe as Ryuk. He won't even need makeup, they could just have him come out and read lines in his bathrobe.
>>
>>38190043
>Defoe
Nevermind lads, I'm sold.
>>
>>38190043
while munching on a golden delicious
>>
File: ryuk-death-note-netflix-1005276.jpg (12KB, 750x396px) Image search: [Google]
ryuk-death-note-netflix-1005276.jpg
12KB, 750x396px
>>38190060
>Dafoe
Oops. Anyways the trailer barely shows him. I'm sure it's not going to redeem the show.
>>
Not gonna lie, making L a stereotypical nigga would definitely get me to actually watch another Death Note adaptation
>>
>>38190005
They can't be fucking serious
>>
File: Death Note Art.jpg (353KB, 739x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Death Note Art.jpg
353KB, 739x1100px
Here's what makes me so salty about the Netflix Death Note movie.

The original Death Note anime (adapted from the manga of course) is one of the greatest animes ever made. The English dub is superb, the animation is excellent, the writing is intelligent. There is no reason for a live action retelling of Death Note to exist. The movie will undoubtedly be significantly worse than the series, especially considering the anime's lack of fluff in its 30-odd episodes. It's such a blatant cash-in.

Not to even mention all its other glaring flaws like the live action actor for L having absolutely none of the voice acting, intelligence and stage presence that the anime version had.
>>
In what logical world does L need to be a black guy?. It's gonna be shiiiiiiiiiiiiit
>>
>>38190163
He doesn't, But in what logical world doesn't he need to be a black guy? There are tons of black people in USA, and it's based in USA, so it makes sense.
And while black people are, statistically not as smart IQ wise as white people, that's only statistically, and not individually.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
>>38190222
So, if they choose a black actor when it absolutely makes no sense, you cannot complain, when it makes a little but a white/Asian would be better, you cannot complain.
Seem legit
>>
>>38190222
It's not going to be shit because they chose a black L, it's going to be shit because they're obviously trying to pander to the pc audience
>>
File: 1495753297017.jpg (114KB, 441x552px) Image search: [Google]
1495753297017.jpg
114KB, 441x552px
>>38190101
>making L a stereotypical nigga would definitely get me to actually watch another Death Note adaptation
"SHEEEEEEEIT Watari! Dis nigga out hur killin niggas wiff like magic n shit. Fuck am I gon do bout somefin like dat? You feel me dawg?"
>>
>>38190222
Isn't L supposed to be British though? The whole point is that he's supposed to be a modern day Sherlock Holmes, autism and everything.
>>
>>38190297
I'm saying there's no reason to go white. Tbh, there's one great reason to go for a black actor: publicity. Not only will you have regular fans watching your show/movie, but you'll also have people who want to find a movie with a good black detective that kicks ass.
>>38190304
How are they pandering to the PC audience? Again, it's basic logic to try to go for more controversial decisions that, at the same time, won't threaten your production.
>>38190338
And Kira is suppose to be Japanese. This is a westernized version of the story, involving all American actors. Sept for Ryuk. I'm guessing he'll still be from another planet, and all.
>>
>>38190375
>I'm saying there's no reason to go white.
Yeah there is. We live in a white country. It's normal for white people to be in white people's movies. It's weird and cringy to shoe-horn a black actor in. If some African country made an adaptation, it would be normal to have black actors. Get it?
>>
L's physical appearance reflected his personality but we know this isn't true because it's the current year and skin color is actually a magical item that isn't affected by the sun or lack thereof
>>
>>38190297
>Dark Tower
>Black Roland
This really activates my almonds.
>>
>>38190005
>L
>being black
come the fuck on L is supposed to be a pale shut in not a nigger
>>
>>38190461
We live in a *majority* white country. Not a white country. Also, how do you know if they shoe-horned him in if you haven't seen it yet? They might have made him fit in quite nice, but you're assuming the worst because *hurr, durr, L can't be black because muh anime*.
>>
>>38190375
>I'm saying there's no reason to go white. Tbh, there's one great reason to go for a black actor: publicity. Not only will you have regular fans watching your show/movie, but you'll also have people who want to find a movie with a good black detective that kicks ass.
reddit please leave my board
>>
>>38190549
Oh look, a summerfag who resorts to "hurr durr redditor" when you run out of shit to peddle. Least you're not pulling the "w-well h-hah I'm just a troll! LMAO LOLZERZ"

How bout you come up with an argument instead of just shitting out the first insult you can think of on the keyboard? That way you don't sound like a dirty nigger.
>>
>>38190375
Are you oblivious to how the film industry works? Nothing is innocent, or done by chance. Everything is calculated down to the T. The trailer looks awfull too
>>
>>38190607
Didn't you read my post? I'll just copy and paste for you, and I'll even make it green so it's easy to read for you.
>it's basic logic to try to go for more controversial decisions that, at the same time, won't threaten your production.
Also, the trailer looks like a typical trailer. Whether that's good or bad doesn't matter, as it's the production itself which matters in the long run.
>>
>>38190636
Man you are naive af. The whole thing stinks of money grabbing hollywood bullshit just like 99% of all adaptions, remakes etc etc. They know they can capitalize on something everybody will watch no matter what so they don't give a fuck how it turns out
>>
>>38190728
Ah, so your argument is "Hurr I have a feeling it's money grabbing hollywood as always".
I agree that it usually is, but assuming from the get-go it's just made for money will only dampen your entertainment of the movie if it actually turns out to be good. In fact, if you're especially stubborn, even if the show is good you might convince yourself it's bad because you don't want to be wrong.
>>
>>38190487
This. L is supposed to be exceptionaly white. This is in the narrative yet they intently chose a black dude.
>>
Isn't there already a live action death note?
>>
>>38190375
>I'm saying there's no reason to go white.
It's originally written to be an asian/white character in a japanese setting, plenty of reasons to not have a nigga.
>>
If they made L a super clear unattractive shut in and Light actually genuinely a model I'm fine with it. These two?
I don't buy it can work.

L vs Light was so much more than just crook VS cop. There's no way this will work with these actors. The people behind this show just don't know the material well enough.
>>
As someone whos never actually seen Death Note I can say that the trailer looked a little cheesy, and th acting bad. Americans love adapting stories from other countries but adding needless action. But I can also see why they would do this as the majority of the people who would be watching it would A- have seen the anime and B- probably not even care about anime or how the original was.
>>
>>38190005
L will play the race card at some point in the story.
Mark my words faggots
>>
>>38190101
This though. Perhaps I'm too serious about it. But they won't go there i bet.
(me: >>38190899 )
As for
>they're the wrong races!!!
Yes they should all be japs. Of course.
>>
>>38190338
Even more reason for him to be black frankly.
>>
>>38190924
>Yes they should all be japs. Of course

I wouldn't mind if they were asians but let's be honest, it's clear as the sun anime characters are drawn to be white, outside the clothing and setting they lack any of the asian features.
>>
>>38190771
I don't know what world you live in but anyone with a sound mind can realize from the trailer that the whole casting and approach to the story just seems off. And i'm a fairly optimistic person but i've seen enough of this crap to recognize a bullshit adaption
>>
File: IMG_1331.jpg (317KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1331.jpg
317KB, 960x1440px
>>38190801
There is, and apparently it's fucking terrible because it hews too close to the source material to the point where the shinigami just look ridiculous. That's the big issue with Anime adaptations: you either look too much like the show and end up looking ridiculous as a result, or you go off on a completely different tangent and fucking enrage the fans.

In fact, as far as I know there's like ONE even moderately acceptable anime-to-live-action adaptation out there, and it got panned hard by us Yanks.
>>
>>38190947
Anime characters do not look white, and the fact that they don't look like real Japanese people does not mean they must therefore look white.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loAsiEUy7og
>>
>>38190966
There's been many good live action adaptations of manga since the 70s (or at least they are good on their own). Most of them don't get seen by people who aren't into Japanese cinema, and people may not even realize they're watching something based on a manga.
>>
>>38190338
L is definitely supposed to be Japanese, he's more of a collection of anime/mango mystery tropes than a straight up Sherlock character
>>
>>38190947
Yeah I suppose if you judge by the style. Especially Light imo.
I find that really weird. But that's just art.
>>38190977
They certainly remind me more of white people than anyone else. The facial structure and everything.
I had a girl from HK over here and she compared me and my siblings to a HK pop star. None here could see it at all (since we're polite people we just agreed obviously) but perhaps that's where this is from. Anime characters are idealized versions of Japanese men and it turns out that the less butch of white men are sort of like that to Asian people?

The way anime don't differentiate races at all I'd kinda weird though. Only black people get special treatment pretty much.

I'll watch the video.
>>
This video is why I'm still hopeful for this, beyond me not having watched the whole show and me wanting Adam "y'know" Wingard's career to be saved (The Guest is a masterpiece and anyone that says differently can fight me).

https://youtu.be/1xCdJLWm9e4
Ignore how douchey this nigga's voice is and hear him out. Gist is that since it's both a movie and an American adaptation a lot of liberties are gonna be taken and so long as they try and add a little depth to it beyond being "The edgiest possible version of Death Note" it could turn out good.
>>
>>38191006
That's fair I guess, Edge of Tomorrow was one of the best movies of that year and most people don't realize it was (loosely) based on All You Need Is Kill.

However, when big studios try and adapt anime (and I stress "anime" because that medium can do things Manga can't) here in the States, they fall into the two categories I mentioned, too close to the show or not nearly close enough (and in Ghost In The Shell's case, both at the same damn time).
>>
>>38190977
>video
Is this a joke?
At 1:30 for instance the Caucasian is in completely different profile to the Asian. In fact the silhouette they use includes the nose and cheeks for the Caucasian while it doesn't for the Asian.

Seems like a really poor attempt at refuting this.
>>
>>38191074
What's really a joke is the belief that anime characters are supposed to look white.
>>
>>38191066
Almost every "anime" movie made in the US has originally been a manga.
>>
File: 5218396-1244765827-18289.jpg (74KB, 636x642px) Image search: [Google]
5218396-1244765827-18289.jpg
74KB, 636x642px
>>38191091
OK? But the arguments are usually stuff like that.
It's normally not about 'are anime characters supposed to look Caucasian'. Its why they do reassemble Caucasians more than Japanese (or Asians in general, to me).
You have stuff like pic related.

Did you make that video anon?
>>
>>38191091
It's not supposed, have seen how a white guy and an asian guy look?

No see the anime characters, 99% of them are Caucasoid looking.
>>
>>38191153
These images are cherry-picked nonsense made by delusional political activists. Anime characters are not white and do not look white. Anyone who says otherwise is either a narcissist or a political activist.

>Did you make that video anon?
Do you think that when someone posts a video they must have made it themselves?

>>38191154
Anime characters are not white.
>>
>American adaptation of an anime is shit.
What a shocker.
>>
>>38191193
>claims
But they look white to me. Looking at Japanese responses on boards they don't tend to refute it as much as claim that the similarities are coincidental and its simply the style.
Which would be a far better argument but you haven't even presented that. You're just being a baby and screaming about it.
>the video
No its just such a crap video I'm surprised anyone would post it as an argument. Unless they didn't see that, which the author might not have.
>>
>>38191258
>But they look white to me.
But they don't look white.

>You're just being a baby and screaming about it.
No, you are being a baby and screaming about this.

>No its just such a crap video I'm surprised anyone would post it as an argument.
You just don't like it because refutes all your dumb shit.
>>
>>38191293
>it refutes
It doesn't though. It's flawed.
>I make claim
I make counter claim
>I repeat what you say
I repeat what you say.

This isn't going anywhere. Good bye (ignored).
>>
>>38191324
Your brain is flawed. Maybe you should put a bullet through it, see if that helps. Fucking subhuman.
>>
L, Mello, and Near should all be played by people with literal autism.
>>
>>38191193
You seem pretty delusional, are you a weeaboo by any chance?
>>
>>38191458
Weeaboos don't exist, so it's funny that you claim I'm delusional.
>>
File: 1486448320094.png (245KB, 1465x1209px) Image search: [Google]
1486448320094.png
245KB, 1465x1209px
>Black guy doesn't even look close to ghetto trash
>Shitty nig meme anyway
>>
>>38191485
yeah you definitely are senpai.
>>
>>38191505
This coming from someone who thinks weeaboos are a real thing.
>>
File: pol is the new furfag.jpg (174KB, 1306x354px) Image search: [Google]
pol is the new furfag.jpg
174KB, 1306x354px
>Entire cast that's supposed to be asian gets changed to a bunch of different races
>Only get butthurt about the black guy
>>
>>38191522
>Entire cast that's supposed to be asian
L, near, melo and watari are whites. And there're more
>>
Imagine the outrage if light was black. If they were going to do this might as well go all out.
>>
>>38190087
It's not a show... It's a movie...
>>
>>38190005
It doesn't make any sense for light to be a total fucking loser who gets bullied either. The whole reason he wants to eliminate evil is because he finally sees an opportunity to do it and be viewed as a god by others. He only has a god complex because he's top of his class smart, ladies love him and good at sports. He's a complete alpha male, which only cements his ability to use his death note wisely and without being caught for so long, only being caught by the time it's too late to change the impact he made.
>>
File: 1490842827361.png (911KB, 800x1130px) Image search: [Google]
1490842827361.png
911KB, 800x1130px
Wait, did they really change him to being bullied?
>>
>>38190535
By that logic african countries arent black but "majority" black. Theyd still have black actors. Theres nothing wrong with having your majority race represented in film as a majority.
>>
I'm black and even I see this bullshit for the pandering that it is. Fuck this crap.
>>
>>38192639
>90% of the cast is race swapped to white
>this is ok
>one character is race swapped to black
>this is pandering

Ok
>>
>>38190005
Did they really make L black?

FFS.
>>
>>38192772

Time to kill yourself eh?
>>
>>38192367
What. No say it's not gonna be another 'white bullied boy goes on a killing spree' thing!
I'll kill myself desu.
>>38192639
I don't see a problem with it. But I don't think these actors will do the characters right at all. Light is supposed to be a highschool playboy practically. One of the first episodes has a woman be really nervous about a date with him (been ages since I watched).

This curly hair guy won't cut it.

As for L he's supposed to be a completely socially lost individual. In stark contrast to Light.
I don't wanna spoil in case people haven't seen it but their dynamic is super important for the show. If you have a handsome L it won't work. The Mr Robot guy could work for this. If you have a super plain Light it won't work. Shit imagine the parents they'd cast for Light.

It's not gonna work. But it's nothing about skincolor.

What will be about skin color is the criminals. Oh boy will those be carefully picked.
>>
>>38190917
screen capped xd
>>
File: 1498918690584.jpg (51KB, 600x598px) Image search: [Google]
1498918690584.jpg
51KB, 600x598px
>>38190316
"YO LIT MAH NIGGA WADDAFUK U MEAN U KIRA??? NIGGA I TRUST U AND U GO ROUN KILLIN PEOPLE ON MAH ASS U MUDDAFUCKA"
>>
>>38190005
Should've made the whole cast Asian, except for when it specifically says otherwise.
>>
>>38192926
I'd get behind it but Asians don't sell products well because they're generally not regarded as attractive in America. Especially not a full cast of them. So even if that would be a politically ok choice it's not a wise move
>>
>Japan makes live action Death Note
>overall good but the CGI shinigamis are cringeworthy
>America makes lice action Death Note
>overall crigeworthy but the CGI shinigamis are good
Am I seeing a pattern here?
>>
File: 1479441713127.jpg (89KB, 471x500px) Image search: [Google]
1479441713127.jpg
89KB, 471x500px
>>38190005
>watching real life adaption at all
You have only yourself to blame if you watch that shit.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.